• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Update!!! DATE CHOSEN-Chat Room Record PIF

What date/time is best for you?

• Oct. 5 ; 1200 PST

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Oct. 5 ; 1500 PST

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Oct. 5 ; 2300 PST

• Oct. 4 ; 1200 PST

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Oct. 4 ; 1500 PST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oct. 4; 2300 PST

• Oct. 11; Same times as above (post your preference)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Oct. 12; Same times as above (post your preference)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None. I don't like the idea.

• Other--- Post below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZAPPED! Update!!! DATE CHOSEN-Chat Room Record PIF

frozenlanterns

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hello!

We are planning on breaking, or at least trying to break, the current chat room record!

Psycho Pixie had the brilliant idea of making a zap-fest out of it!

This is how it will go:

The first member enters the chat room. The next member that enters will be that first member's zap victim. The third member will be the second member's victim, and so on and so forth. The last member will zap the first member. In other words, it's Pin it Forward in the chat room :D

Everyone should be aware that there is no guarentee they wont have someone come in right after them who is same country, and anyone who wants to participate should be willing to ship international.

This event will last about 2 hours.

Date: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2013, 1200 PST

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DPF!

Anyone who participates should PM the mailing address for the chat pin it forward event to whomever ends up handling the timing and documentation (either myself or Psycho Pixie)....

Mods will be involved if a disputation occurs.

Each member will have to stay in the chat room until the record is broken, or else the record will stay at 47 members.

Notice: The date has been moved forward a day due to numerous complaints, but more importantly the inability for either "helpers"/organizers to participate. New date: Friday, October 11 @ 1200 PST

*I'm really, really sorry for any inconvenience! I promise, I will never be in charge of something like this again :facepalm: :lol:

Last edited:
sounds like fun, but who will zap the first member? :O

pahaha nevermind I just saw the last will zap the first, i'm gonna vote now!

HEY NOW!!

Who chose option #9?!! It's zapping and HISTORY MAKING. How is this NOT a good idea? So not cool :suspect:

Now, now. No shaming. If people don't wanna do it then they don't wanna. If you put the option in the poll, you have to let people choose it.

:facepalm:

You're right. I'm sorry, that was rude of me. :facepalm:

S'okay. I voted for my favorite time & date. :)

Thinking logistically... someone could be the designated person to keep track of who's logged in and the order. Then they could post a list in this thread afterward: A sends PIF to B, B sends PIF to C, etc. so that it doesn't get confusing while everyone's in the chat room (and so we don't need to have everyone in the chat room telling each other over and over who's sending to whom.)

Just thinking out loud!

i voted Oct 11, which is a friday. ANY time is fine with me. So long as it ends at a 42 second mark. lol

I think the timing should be 2 hours, to give folks time to remember and join the fun.

you will need someone to arrive early enough, and stay for the whole thing to document who came in at what times and order so that proper zap info is passed around. I CAN handle that if you go with the Oct 11, if you need it, or dont want to handle that yourself Lumpylover... if its a saturday I have to clear the computer time and being home with hubby.

I have approx 200 DPF addresses in my file, So addresses should not be a problem, but I think that in the interest of keeping things going right, anyone who participates should PM the mailing address for the chat pin it forward event, to whomever ends up handling the timing and documentation....

Definatly need a MOD to be there for the whole thing to compair and take notes, and handle anyone who doesnt send their pin when they should.

Everyone should be aware that there is no guarentee they wont have someone come in right after them who is same country, and anyone who wants to participate should be willing to ship international. **this is something you might want. to add to the OP**

Last edited:
i voted Oct 11, which is a friday. ANY time is fine with me. So long as it ends at a 42 second mark. lol

I think the timing should be 2 hours, to give folks time to remember and join the fun.

you will need someone to arrive early enough, and stay for the whole thing to document who came in at what times and order so that proper zap info is passed around. I CAN handle that if you go with the Oct 11, if you need it, or dont want to handle that yourself Lumpylover... if its a saturday I have to clear the computer time and being home with hubby.

I have approx 200 DPF addresses in my file, So addresses should not be a problem, but I think that in the interest of keeping things going right, anyone who participates should PM the mailing address for the chat pin it forward event, to whomever ends up handling the timing and documentation....

Definatly need a MOD to be there for the whole thing to compair and take notes, and handle anyone who doesnt send their pin when they should.

Everyone should be aware that there is no guarentee they wont have someone come in right after them who is same country, and anyone who wants to participate should be willing to ship international. **this is something you might want. to add to the OP**

Added to the OP.

If you could handle all of that, that would be amazing. I will try to convince one of the mods to help out.

Sorry, I think the only way I'll be able to actually join is if DPF adds the mobile device option to chat... yeah to not having home internet at the moment...

S'okay. I voted for my favorite time & date. :)

Thinking logistically... someone could be the designated person to keep track of who's logged in and the order. Then they could post a list in this thread afterward: A sends PIF to B, B sends PIF to C, etc. so that it doesn't get confusing while everyone's in the chat room (and so we don't need to have everyone in the chat room telling each other over and over who's sending to whom.)

Just thinking out loud!

Great idea, I will try to be in the chat room first (as long as the most popular date chosen is one I am home early enough for. Oct. 12 is my high school's homecoming game, and I'm in the pep band, so I have to be there) so I can keep track of all the members.

Yeah, I can participate; the mobile modules for Chat has been enabled!!! Any Ipad/Android/Blackberry phone or tablet can use chat now that couldn't before. Unfortunately I already voted, but anytime Saturday should be good for me... :D

Last edited:
Okay, definitely too late for this week, so based on general feedback, the date will be October 12, 1200 PST. There are no pin releases that day, and it is a Saturday.

The only thing left to clarify is... should we do the PIF even if the record is not broken?

Last edited:
Back