• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Update from DSF on the 4th of July pin release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, the Disneyana Sale and Convention and NFCC is the same thing, but what exactly does NFCC mean? I have no idea. :lol:

Oh, and the Disneyana Convention is July 11-14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anaheim. The big "sale" day is Sunday, the 14th and I know there will be trading Saturday evening upstairs in the mezzanine. There may be other pin trading times but I'm not sure when that is exactly. Save your money for the sale because you will find loads of good pins for sale. My understanding is the summer sale is better than the winter version because more people attend and there will be more vendors.

You don't have to be a member to attend and discount coupons are available at My-D Pins. Actually, last time I went, they were handing out discount coupons as you approached the entrance so be sure to pick one up!

Off-topic from Pascal and tha gang so please, carry on! :D

As far as I know, the Disneyana Sale and Convention and NFCC is the same thing, but what exactly does NFCC mean? I have no idea. :lol:

Oh, and the Disneyana Convention is July 11-14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anaheim. The big "sale" day is Sunday, the 14th and I know there will be trading Saturday evening upstairs in the mezzanine. There may be other pin trading times but I'm not sure when that is exactly. Save your money for the sale because you will find loads of good pins for sale. My understanding is the summer sale is better than the winter version because more people attend and there will be more vendors.

You don't have to be a member to attend and discount coupons are available at My-D Pins. Actually, last time I went, they were handing out discount coupons as you approached the entrance so be sure to pick one up!

Off-topic from Pascal and tha gang so please, carry on! :D

Good to know that's my birthday weekend pins galore for me muahahaha lol. Anyways I'll see everyone at DSF this weekend

People are always looking for a way to game the system!!!
more like security, we all collect tangled and i am getting one for someone and if one or two if us get bad numbers the other share their so we all at least get one pacal. its the best kind of team work

Last edited:
more like security, we all collect tangled and i am getting one for someone and if one or two if us get bad numbers the other share their so we all at least get one pacal. its the best kind of team work

Not you specifically but obviously they dd at the monsters release.

Usually by this time the flyer for the next month is up and available. This makes me wonder if they are going to do all surprise releases or if they are just waiting for saturday to announce.

I'm sure DSF likes that people drag other people there. More people = successful plan to them! I just hope we see July pins at LE500+.

LE 500's for future DSF releases would be great. It's still a pretty low number but it would allow more people to go home happy. If they left most of the releases as 2 sets per person, that is still 250 people leaving with pins rather than 150. It may take longer to go through the line and to purchase the pins, but in my opinion, it is worth it.

I don't think that's the case, I think this proses is more welcoming to everyone so no one was intimidated to show up and try to get some pins.

+1

There were pin collectors at the Monsters U release who had never been to a DSF release, and this new process brought them out. I was talking to one guy and he was saying that now he's more inclined to come to the DSF releases because he doesn't have to worry about camping out. It was kind of nice seeing new faces.

Here's the thing. Resellers will always figure out a way to make the system work for them (bringing more people with them to increase their chances of buying the pins). But not every new person is out to sell their pins simply for profit. And I don't think it is fair to assume that. I'll admit that I've gone to releases and sold a set or two. Heck, most people have done this. It helps supplement the income used to purchase your own set of pins. And this is not directed at anyone specifically, so please, I do not mean to offend anyone. But I am tired of hearing people complain about re-sellers crowding DSF releases. Guess what, they'll always be there. And a lot of the time they are also pin collectors selling their extra set. Rather than complain about resellers, just go to DSF and get your pins. It's interesting to see the same usual faces at DSF releases... hmm... maybe because you're always there, you're the resellers.... paranoia....

Just get in line and good luck. We're all in the same situation.

Last edited:
Usually by this time the flyer for the next month is up and available. This makes me wonder if they are going to do all surprise releases or if they are just waiting for saturday to announce.

They are probably waiting to see of their new "queuing plan" works reasonably well - if it does, they will keep the July dates they currently have, otherwise, they might delay the July release dates to give them time to make adjustments to their plan (just my thoughts on the matter).

1014263_533548123359588_1603990459_n.jpg

I agree with everything that was said. All I stated was that some people will ALWAYS find a way to scam something. Human Nature! I do think this is the most fair way to do things.

I agree with everything that was said. All I stated was that some people will ALWAYS find a way to scam something. Human Nature! I do think this is the most fair way to do things.

I agree with you, and I know for certain that many people brought along friends and family to increase the chances of a good number being drawn. :)

The funny thing is, the people who are "padding their odds" by bringing more people aren't throwing things off that much. Like they said about the last release, a lot more people in the higher numbers were able to still get the pins because not everyone was there to buy. Plenty of vouchers didn't get used, because they were people just there to help a friend. So, it mostly works out. If this one is anything like the last one, there'll be people that don't have guarantee vouchers but still get to buy several of the pins

Plenty of vouchers didn't get used, because they were people just there to help a friend. So, it mostly works out. If this one is anything like the last one, there'll be people that don't have guarantee vouchers but still get to buy several of the pins
I don't think the same thing is going to happen with this release. Last time everyone just wanted the Marquees and it was an LE 500. Many people didn't even get whole sets so of course the pins were left for the higher number vouchers. With this release if you're not in the first 200 don't expect to pick up a pascal and then by 225 the Wall-E and Ray and then by 250 the Jessica. Last time there were 300 people that showed up this time it will be closer to 400.

This thread is going to dig me into a grave knowing that I am finally for once in my life in CA during a DSF release and a REALLY NICE DSF release too boot and I cannot attend >_< but I can't not look at this thread haha I am waiting so anxiously for the July flyer from tomorrow that I cannot even breathe right now.

So, what're the odds of surprise pins? Is it fairly normal for DSF releases, or were the surprises from the last release atypical?
I just started the lovely sport of release stalking, and I'm still learning the ropes ^^

and I, too, can barely stand the wait for the July flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back