• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WANTED: Disney Designer fairytale collection co-op d23 expo??

WANTED: Disney Designer fairytale collection co-op d23 expo??
I will be attending the expo but the set cost $200 plus tax and I won't sell it for that low and the only one I want to keep is Ariel but if I sell the other four tangled would be $500 Aladdin $400 batb $400 Snow White $400 I just really can't see it going lower than $2000 for the set just because everything that people have to pay for to get the set like tickets hotels food etc... So when I go and if I am lucky enough to get a set that's what I would consider selling it for

WOW!! Won't you be attending other events at the Expo and / or purchasing other items? We don't even know the LE on the set yet. I think this set and these prices are being blown way out of proportion. Let's not get hysterical! :rolleyes:

The original designer set from 2 years ago sold for $200 for the set of 10 pins. Within one week, it jumped to $400, within six months, it jumped to $600 and within one year (yes, it took a whole year), it went to $1000. it did not greatly increase in price to $2000-3000 until THIS YEAR (approximately 1.5 years after the release) when new collectors with money came into the picture.

I do not expect this set to go up to $3000 straight out the gate. Maybe that's just wishful thinking? But I don't even think that Darris would pay $3000 for this set right when it's released. I guess we will just watch ebay and see where the sets go?

As people seem to relate each new Designer pin release as an extension of the original 2011 collection, the reselling price out the gate seems to be unnaturally high as compared to if that connection was not being made. The Designer Villain pin sets were being sold in the $500-$600 range out of the gate on eBay, just because they were riding on the popularity of the 2011 Designer Princess pins--and the Designer Villain pins were LE 200 with only six pins as opposed to LE 150 with 10 pins for the Designer Princess pins.

Logistically, it makes little sense, and the current (lower) going rate of the Designer Villains pins reflects their lesser popularity and higher LE size compared to those rare and coveted 2011 Designer Princess pins. That said, jadeites-lady is right: it did take the Designer Princess pins a lot longer to reach their current prices. What a mess!

Now we are faced with a five-pin set (of ten characters), with an unknown edition size, but I am sure we will see people trying to sell them for very high amounts, regardless. :( Of course, as it has often been said, a person can ask for however much they want for the pins they bought, and it is in the hands of the consumer to buy them at that rate or not.

so what do you guys think would be a fair and accurate price for the set and for each pin?

Hard to know until we know the LE size. I am thinking it will be at least LE 300. Hopefully LE 500. But I guess we will see.

so what do you guys think would be a fair and accurate price for the set and for each pin?

I agree with karkura. It's hard to tell. However, I would think, maybe 2x retail so that yours is free? I think a comparable set is the Stained Glass one.

Pin 64449: DisneyShopping.com - Set of 6 Stained Glass Prince & Princess Pins

5 years ago, it retailed for $129 for 6 pins, all LE100. Up until about 1 year or so ago, you could still buy each of these pins for $50-100 each (Ariel & Belle would go for about $100, Giselle and Aurora for about $75, and Cinderella and Snow for about $50). Now these are high too! But the set is 5 years old.

I would say 80-100 dollars per pin would be "reasonable" right out of the gate. Do I want to pay that? Lord no. But I think that is "fair" for the time being. At least this is what I was expecting.

I would say 80-100 dollars per pin would be "reasonable" right out of the gate. Do I want to pay that? Lord no. But I think that is "fair" for the time being. At least this is what I was expecting.

I agree with that too. Of course it may be less than that depending on edition size. We like pins but we are not crazy right? :naughty:

Last edited:

I think that's up to you really ^_^. There will obviously be people out there who are the resellers (pretty much on EBay but we definitely know there will be some on the forums) who will try to gouge $100's for every single pin they don't want (I'm willing to already bet someone will list Rapunzel alone for $1000), there will be those who charge a fair amount (fair is subjective though). I'm also guessing the set would be around $200, so each pin would end up being $40 at cost, so I'm thinking even $70-$100 is a decent price, and then there is anywhere in between.

They are your sets so do not feel pressured that you would HAVE to sell it at a lower price, nobody can force you to do that, it's more a matter of if you'd be willing to help others out, that's all ^_^

I agree with karkura. It's hard to tell. However, I would think, maybe 2x retail so that yours is free? I think a comparable set is the Stained Glass one.

Pin 64449: DisneyShopping.com - Set of 6 Stained Glass Prince & Princess Pins

5 years ago, it retailed for $129 for 6 pins, all LE100. Up until about 1 year or so ago, you could still buy each of these pins for $50-100 each (Ariel & Belle would go for about $100, Giselle and Aurora for about $75, and Cinderella and Snow for about $50). Now these are high too! But the set is 5 years old.

Yeah, that set nowadays sells for $750-$800, given it has 1 more pin in the set than the DFDC, I would agree that I could see these sets being similar. From the get-go, I guarantee people will try to get a lot more than they need out of this set, I'm guessing around $1000. However, I have heard many people state that the LE size is 250, and on top of that, I think they will only go down in price (similar to the DV's) since people will try to hype them up more than they need to (like a lot of recent Tangled pins) so I don't think this set will go much higher than $1000 if it even goes that high honestly :x: Maybe I'm just wishing on the stars...

I guess we will wait and see the posts on DPF at 9:10 a.m.? That will give the first person in line enough time to buy the set(s) he or she is able to buy and post.

well thankfully no ones trying to do any presales yet! lol though ive have seen a few dolls a lithos for sale on ebay.
I reckon people will try a sell the set for thoudans to start with as they remember all the hype and problems of the 2011 release that buyers will be frantic to get there hands on them.
I'd like to think (and really really hope! ;-) ) that after the hype of release day calms down a little bit people will reduce there prices to a more sensable price, plus you'll always get the resellers that bought the set to start with and further down the line that need to get some money back, dont want to keep them or what ever, plently of people even now, sell their 2011 designers on. I guess ill just have to sit on my hands for a year and hope the price then will be afforable! ...................... (this comeing from the girl that spent about £500 pounds on the 2011 set! lol then got hit with customes! opps!!)

I guess we will wait and see the posts on DPF at 9:10 a.m.? That will give the first person in line enough time to buy the set(s) he or she is able to buy and post.
Yeah, I suppose. Can we all just pray that the forum will be up and running at full strength? :x:

ahh... I'm so nervous! I can't wait to see close-up pictures of the set!

Picture!

2ql4sup.jpg

Looks like the LE size is indeed 250. And limited quantities will be sold each day at the expo. >.< And most likely 1pp. :sad:

Picture!

2ql4sup.jpg

Looks like the LE size is indeed 250. And limited quantities will be sold each day at the expo. >.< And most likely 1pp. :sad:

Oh bah! :( I guess these are going in to the "holy grail" list of expensive pursuits. DFDC Snow White's face looks a little funny in this pic, but maybe it's the angle/lighting...

Again, now that more details have been revealed and it looks like more people will get a chance to get a set, if any of you are going and are looking to sell a set please let me know your price so that we can do this co-op.

thank you for looking!

Back