• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW 2015 Hidden Mickey Wave A Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the port strike on the west coast be causing this big delay? I know it's caused huge problems for a lot of other groups. I'm still waiting on items that we're ordered in November because of it.

There was a post somewhere that they are still in production as far as design goes. They're still being done, but maybe we'll only get one wave this year.

Okay, Pin Folks...Here is the word on why WDW received the 2014 Wave B Set from DLR recently. There have been many Guests who have commented how they wish they could find the Disneyland Resort Hidden Mickey Pins at the Walt Disney World Resort. And so WDW is conducting a trial by switching the pin releases to see if Guests like having this opportunity. As for new WDW 2015 Hidden Mickey Pins.....Wait for it.....I said wait for it!.....they will be released sometime in the next month or month and a half. Does that put everyone's mind's at ease? :)

I wonder how much stuff was stuck in the Cali port issues that we will suddenly see released.. It wouldn't surprise me if the new wave of mickeys is floating off shore.. the more I read about it the more so many of them the delayed releases makes sense...

WDW is conducting a trial by switching the pin releases to see if Guests like having this opportunity. As for new WDW 2015 Hidden Mickey Pins.....Wait for it.....I said wait for it!.....they will be released sometime in the next month or month and a half. Does that put everyone's mind's at ease? :)

d91.gif

I like hidden Mickeys and have been collecting them since they were the Lanyard Series pins. I enjoy them and appreciate Disney continuing to distribute them.

While I'm not thrilled that they have decided to switch coasts with last years wave b, I won't complain. It could be worse.

Thank you for the update PinFanatic. It's appreciated.

Okay, Pin Folks...Here is the word on why WDW received the 2014 Wave B Set from DLR recently. There have been many Guests who have commented how they wish they could find the Disneyland Resort Hidden Mickey Pins at the Walt Disney World Resort. And so WDW is conducting a trial by switching the pin releases to see if Guests like having this opportunity. As for new WDW 2015 Hidden Mickey Pins.....Wait for it.....I said wait for it!.....they will be released sometime in the next month or month and a half. Does that put everyone's mind's at ease? :)

Bless :bowdown:

How easy is it to check for scrapper signs on a CM lanyard before trading for a pin? I mean do you get to examine them closely or is it pretty much point-and-trade and you win some, you lose some? Do CMs get offended if you want to take your time inspecting?

I'm very interested in doing my first CM trade when I take my next trip to WDW, but I really am hoping that my first trade will net me an authentic pin so that I have a good memory of it! Really kind of nervous that I'll wind up burned, since so many people complain of the huge scrapper batches on lanyards down there! =/

I've never had a CM have a problem with it if I'm polite about it. I just say "May I look at that pin?" and either they'll say yes and I pick it up myself (usually if it's a board, like at Guest Services or at some of the store counters) or they will hand it to me. Then I look it over and hand it back if I don't want it or trade if I do, and either way, thank them politely.

What I do NOT do is tell the CM it's a scrapper or lecture them about it in any way. It's not a part of their job to know or oversee the pins, so that's just messing with someone's day if I do that. I know the urge to say something can be there sometimes, in order to get the pin out of circulation, but since they can't *refuse* a trade from a guest, there's nothing they can do about it.

What I do NOT do is tell the CM it's a scrapper or lecture them about it in any way. It's not a part of their job to know or oversee the pins, so that's just messing with someone's day if I do that. I know the urge to say something can be there sometimes, in order to get the pin out of circulation, but since they can't *refuse* a trade from a guest, there's nothing they can do about it.

Right, I agree and I definitely wouldn't do that! Every CM I have met has been super awesome and I'm such a shy girl anyway, haha! It's good to know that most CMs will let you look at a pin up close before agreeing to trade though!

:D

Im in WDW right now and am seeing lots of the new WDW (old Disneyland) hidden Mickey pins on cast member lanyards. It's not quite as exciting as completely new pins but new-to-WDW is fun, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just spent 3 days in WDW parks and found a lot of the DLR 2014 pins. Like the idea of a second distribution of the other coasts pins being swapped out half year later. Will help stimulate both interest and hopefully spread the pins out farther.

Haven't found lots of DLR hidden Mickey pins, mostly just the Disney birds. That was just at Magic Kingdom. Haven't explored the rest of the parks and resorts yet.

HMP707392-613x813.jpg

HMP707393-613x811.jpg

Incase anyone is too lazy to look..

This is the first year I need more then like...2 HMs across all four waves....

Scar <3
Kaa, Pumbaa, Simba <3
The whole duck set <3
Simba Completer <3
And then Sven and Olaf...GEEBUS

I love the sidekicks pins, unfortunately there at the wrong park, doh! From DLR i think the only ones in my sights are launchpad and the professor. I guess Donald must be a completer pin because how can you have the disney ducks without him? And then theres all the other ducks from duckberg.... that would make for a huge set LOL

Last edited:
I am very happy with the release- I was @ DL and DCA today and saw none of these but will be going back in 2 weeks.
And we have a trip to WDW scheduled for autumn so hopefully I can get everylast one of those stinkin' cute side kicks pins there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back