• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Whats the most you've ever spent on a pin?!!?

Most Ever Spent on a pin!?!/

• $50 - 100

Votes: 88 44.9%
  • $101 - 150

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • $151 - 200

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • $201 - 250

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • $251 - 300

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • $300+!!

Votes: 39 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the most you've ever spent on a pin?!!?

catburger

Grown Ups Please, ACT GROWN
Rating - 100%
142   0   0

To keep with theme of finding out how crazy we are when it comes to these shiny pieces of metal. Whats the most you've ever spent on a single pin!

1. $50-100

2. $101-150

3. $151 - 200

4. $201- 250

5. $251-300

6. $300 +

Don't be shy to vote! We've all spent certain amounts on pins! There is no shame in spending on what you love!!

Please feel free to let us in on what pin it was!!!

:hsd:

Bob & Cat!

Last edited:
I can't vote, because there is no category for me. As long as I've been collecting, and as many pins as I have, I've never spent more than $35 for a single pin. Even the jumbos were either given to me, or bought at cast sales, bringing their price down below $35. I keep playing, "what if the market drops out scenarios" in my head and all the pins available below that price point keep me busy. I've determined there are some pins that I would pay $50 for. If I could find them (since I was willing to pay $35 for a few in 2001...inflation) but haven't actually found them available at that price point yet.

I can't vote, because there is no category for me. As long as I've been collecting, and as many pins as I have, I've never spent more than $35 for a single pin. Even the jumbos were either given to me, or bought at cast sales, bringing their price down below $35. I keep playing, "what if the market drops out scenarios" in my head and all the pins available below that price point keep me busy. I've determined there are some pins that I would pay $50 for. If I could find them (since I was willing to pay $35 for a few in 2001...inflation) but haven't actually found them available at that price point yet.

There is a category for you! Its called the "No vote cuz im smart!" category haha. Well done on having so much patience!

Seriously Lisa! Mind telling us what it was? I voted for $300 + and it was for the R/C Rapunzel. :facepalm:

Mine was $200. My husband with the help of Stuart got it for me :) I have been tempted many times to go over but have been good so far!

pin41799

Last edited:
I spent a little over $100 on the Belle and the Cinderella DIsney Auction Carousel Artist Proof Pin(s) in silver when they were released by Disney Auctions. I kick myself for not buying every artist proof they had on auction or at least the whole set but I was a college student back then. I still need the Ariel...

I am brand new to pin buying. I've only bought a few. The most I have spent is $21. I'm trying to pace myself and not go overboard all at once. I fear I am going to loose though....LOL!

~Bryana

I spent a little over $100 on the Belle and the Cinderella DIsney Auction Carousel Artist Proof Pin(s) in silver when they were released by Disney Auctions. I kick myself for not buying every artist proof they had on auction or at least the whole set but I was a college student back then. I still need the Ariel...

Those are beautiful pins!!! Congrats on getting them for such a great price!! :wiggle:

I am brand new to pin buying. I've only bought a few. The most I have spent is $21. I'm trying to pace myself and not go overboard all at once. I fear I am going to loose though....LOL!

~Bryana

Good job so far Bryana...I sincerely wish you the best of luck in not falling overboard! But it is VERY VERY hard..especially when you've been looking for a pin for soooo long and it finally turns up!!

I spent $180 on the Caterpillar sugar bowl pin from the AiW mystery tea set. (Pin #78221). It's LE 50 and beautiful and I regret nothing. :)

I spent $180 on the Caterpillar sugar bowl pin from the AiW mystery tea set. (Pin #78221). It's LE 50 and beautiful and I regret nothing. :)

ooh, i just looked it up! What a great pin!!

Just shy of $300 but then with shipping I just went over... darn!!

I was wondering who else joined the $300+ club! Thanks for sharing! Can we know what pin?

so it looks like Go Small or GO Big in our results so far eh? I wish i could add more options especially since i disabled the feature that shows who voted what :) . But this poll is still really interesing! Thanks so much for the participation!

ooh, i just looked it up! What a great pin!!

It's gorgeous in person. The whole set is, in fact. Thanks to a DPF member who sold me several and an auction where I got two others, there's only one pin I don't have out of the set, and it's an LE 25 and others have been after it a lot longer than I have! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back