• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

why is PTN at DLR 5:00pm to 8 pm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It usually is, but for some reason they changed the time. If you ask, they will probably say there was a booking conflict that required the room @7pm.

They were probably tired of people eating in line and in the room. Maybe if it's over by 7pm everyone will still go to eat at the parks or go in the parks and spend money.

Everybody started lining up at 5:00pm anyway. Probably got tired of dealing with a line for two hours and figured, "Why not let them in at 5:00pm?".

Good crowd control move, since nobody was following the rules.

Everybody started lining up at 5:00pm anyway. Probably got tired of dealing with a line for two hours and figured, "Why not let them in at 5:00pm?".

Good crowd control move, since nobody was following the rules.

This is true!

I sometimes I do like that they changed the time because after PTN people want to continue to trade so they stick around the hotel or go back to Disney. BUT, then again it sucks because some people work at this time

I have a theory..... Disney is run by a bunch of Aliens who think humans need to be tormented. *I site the small world song as an example of "stuck in your head" torment.* Because of this policy regarding torture and torment of the human race, the higher ranked Aliens have handed down a command to the ones who handle pin trading.

These are the new policies handed down by the Aliens in Charge:
  1. Make as many of the more sought after pins as possible look exactly the same. This is part of an ongoing experiment in human behavior. The science Aliens want to see if we humans will keep buying the same thing over and over. So far... we do.
  2. Make it practically impossible for the working class pin collector to get to big releases. *I site the wristband distribution at DSF as proof* Again, part of an experiment to see how far us humans are willing to go to get pins that look exactly like the last set released.
  3. Change the times of the PTN events so that it is totally impossible for people to arrive early and line up, or to have a full 2-4 hours of good trade time. This one is actually smart, less issues with crowd control and such. However, again, the science aliens want to see if we are dumb enough to skip work for a simple event.

Reality? They prolly got sick of us lining up at 5pm for a 7pm event, so they figure if that many people show up at 5pm, we may as well schedule the event that early. In the long run it will reduce the line up. I don't think its because they want to use the room for another event afterwards. They have a good hour of clean up to do after a PTN because of tables and chairs and such, so it is doubtful, even with the PTN ending at 7pm, that the room is rented out again the same night.

I'm new to this but why would people wait a few hours in line??? Is it where after so many people can't participate???

Folks would line up early to ensure they got table space. which would not have been an issue if everyone followed the rules of one chair, and 2 bags per person. But when you have some folks brining rolling carts full of books, taking up a whole table and vinylmation folks taking up lots of table space as well... Table and seat space becomes a commodity.

Folks would line up early to ensure they got table space. which would not have been an issue if everyone followed the rules of one chair, and 2 bags per person. But when you have some folks brining rolling carts full of books, taking up a whole table and vinylmation folks taking up lots of table space as well... Table and seat space becomes a commodity.

OH Wow! :O I think if I did actually end up going I would be in shock just walking in the room then....

Just my opinion: I am SO sick of seeing those vinylmation things! I would like to exchange words with whomever brought those first boxes into the pin trading room.
Honestly, that is what is killing this. Half the room is vinylmation now. :(

Just my opinion: I am SO sick of seeing those vinylmation things! I would like to exchange words with whomever brought those first boxes into the pin trading room.

That stinks. I really don't care for Vinylmation at all. :(

sorry, off on a tangent there.. but actually, not really. Last DLR PTN i think there were only 6 tables or so with Vinyl's. But I was off in a corner with my kids and cookies, so i might have counted wrong.

back to the topic of earlier event... Seriously. Aliens.

I agree. There are far more pin traders than there are vinyl traders.

First timers be warned. You will be overwhelmed by the mad chaos and intense trading atmosphere. You will literally feel the heat. ;)

I agree. There are far more pin traders than there are vinyl traders.

First timers be warned. You will be overwhelmed by the mad chaos and intense trading atmosphere. You will literally feel the heat. ;)

I'm still trying to decide if I should go or not. I've requested the day off because some friends want to go to Disneyland that day... But most of my friends aren't into pin trading...

It is a partial warning that it can be pretty overwhelming, if you've never been to one, and that it literally gets pretty darned hot in that room. Hopefully, they will open the doors, as they have the last couple of events, and try to let some cool air into the room.

It is a fun event and you have a good shot at finding a lot of different pins, but it is no where near a casual pin trading experience. It's like pins exploded everywhere and you have no idea where to start. :)

Here's a really good tip: If you are looking for specific pins, make a wanted poster and just go around showing it everyone. Most people know exactly what is in their books or may know who might have what you are looking for. It goes much faster than browsing books and trying to get lucky.

Last edited:
So, since this is now starting at 5 pm, do you think people will start lining up at 3 pm? Won't that defeat the purpose of preventing the line of traders? Assuming that's the reason they changed the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back