• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wow... The DSF Valentine Chocolates really do look nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be the minority here but...Im dissapointed :/ I may ...MAY ....intentionally skip on this Tangled pin....but probably not lol

Yeah, I'm kind of a perfectionist (or try to be..). I figure if I'm going to do it, I'm going to once and try to do it well... Then I save the Photoshop file in case I notice something I missed... :p

But, yeah, the time adds up... I photographed 100 marquee pins last weekend (front and back!) and am slowly going through the clean up process. I could just crop them and post them, but I like trying to make them look really nice. I'll still re-photograph these with a real camera if I manage to get them...

Just posted Up and Stitch in the first post...

How are you doing it? Just with a lasso or...? I'm sure if you turned the tolerance up on a magic wand it'd do pretty well.

But, yeah, the time adds up... I photographed 100 marquee pins last weekend (front and back!) and am slowly going through the clean up process. I could just crop them and post them, but I like trying to make them look really nice. I'll still re-photograph these with a real camera if I manage to get them...

Just posted Up and Stitch in the first post...

100 marquees? If it takes you 30 minutes a pin, then the marquees would be roughly 3000 minutes, or 60 hours (2.5 days) O____O Dedication right there for such beautiful shots xP

Also, ah! Love the Stitch one! After seeing the Tangled and Up ones just come out sub par, yay for Stitch!!!!

I saw them today at DSF. Pretty good size and very nice in person. I may have to join you guys for this camp out!

Can you compare them to something in terms of size, I'm quite curious how big they are ^_^

How are you doing it? Just with a lasso or...? I'm sure if you turned the tolerance up on a magic wand it'd do pretty well.

I use the magic wand to get most of it, but it tends to start grabbing parts of the pin itself. I then just go around the entire edge and clean up anything it left behind. I'm not a pro PS user, but I'm getting better... :)

I also try to rotate the images to get them straight if I didn't get the photo straight, look over the pin for specs/fuzz/odd marks and clean those up. A little color correction sometimes. These pins were behind glass, so I tried to reduce the reflection of me and my phone as much as possible... :p

Fortunately, at work I can 'practice my Photoshop skills' during down time as it's useful to know it as good as I can to help out the artists with mundane tasks... :)

Robin Hood is up in the first post...

Aw, very pretty! I like the Tangled one but I think Robin Hood and Maid Marian are my favorite of the bunch <3

I agree! I've never see Robin Hood all the way through, but this pin gorgeous! I think I'm gonna watch the movie right now if I can find it somewhere on the internet. Haha

I agree! I've never see Robin Hood all the way through, but this pin gorgeous! I think I'm gonna watch the movie right now if I can find it somewhere on the internet. Haha

Oh I hope you can find a full version to watch! It's one of the best disney classics in my humble opinion =)

I'm not a fan of the free D rubber stuff, so will tell myself I dont want them because of that. :)

I have noticed that someone that knows how to draw Tangled characters took a long vacation at Disney and the understudy artist is not quite as skilled....I think Rapunzel looks so cute though! :)

I wont lie, Rapunzel and Flynn are some of the harder characters to draw since they are not originally 2D sketches.

The pins are cute. The Tangled pin is the only one I am not thrilled with. It just doesn't look as good as the others. I wish I collected Robin Hood because that one is beyond adorable.

Rapuzel herself looks great! Finally a different pose. They are all nice. Don't know why Carl's nose is so yellow, but I like the pin anyway.

To the OP: You take the BEST pics of pins - Amazing work!

Thanks for posting the pictures ... Flynn doesnt look great .... that's one I can take OFF my wants .... saves me some money at least! Great shame with the artwork.

This is the most depressing thing I have read all night and I understand that feeling ): I hope someone can help you get one.

I didn't mean to sound so pathetic. lol But that is kinda of how I feel. Unless you live close by and get them. I will never be able to afford the evilbay prices. It's kinda sad. It kinda takes the fun out of the hobby. Don't get me wrong. I have sold things on ebay. I am not upset that people are. It is what it is. They need to open a Chicago Disney Soda Fountain. lol That would solve all my problems.

Agree, Flynn looks a bit off (mouth is a bit weird) but at least its a new design of Rapunzel (I think)! :)

Okay...I HAVE TO SAY THIS...I figured it out! I REALLY REALLY DID! You know how in the movie he is ALWAYS saying that "they can't get his face right!!??" in the "wanted" posters.... They are BRINGING IT TO LIFE IN THESE DAG GONE PINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back