• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

-

It's the opposite way for me. I receive notifications sent to my e-mail address but come on here to nothing. p:

depending on what service you use for email, it may be getting filtered before it even gets to you (even before it hits the spam folder possibly), unfortunately. Who do you use for email?

was it working fine before?

I too have this same issue and it started about three weeks ago, before that time I had no problems. I too use live or hotmail for my email. However I went and switched it to another hotmail email and I could recieve my notifications but I switched back to my regular email and no notifications. I let Jon know of this issue a couple weeks ago and he sent it on to Cicada.

Last edited:
I use MSN, which is the same as Hotmail.

I was getting the email notifications before but not now.

Vicki

weird.

it may be related to the long-overdue forum software upgrade (which i still have to set aside time to do during non-peak hours).

Hopefully I can get some time this week to update the forum software and see if that fixes anything.

thanks!

I use Yahoo. My issue started yesterday or Saturday. But it looks like it's back working again....maybe

We shall see. :p Please let us know when you get around to updating the forum software. Or is there a place where we can check for updates? If it's not the forum, I shall try contacting Hotmail themselves about it.
I'm hoping to set aside time later in the week to do this. As with all other updates, I'll have to take down the forum for 30 min - 1 hr for the updates. An announcement will be posted with the scheduled date and time when I have a chance to schedule it. :)

Mine started on Sunday. See my thread here:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?11536-Not-getting-emails

Now, my emails from DPF are delayed (by one to two days) so that I am receiving email notifications from DPF for PMs from Sunday and Monday.

So weird- I use yahoo and started having the same problems this weekend as well. For a long time I wasn't getting any emails, then a bunch of delayed ones came in yesterday, and now there still seems to be a bit of a delay.

Just glad to hear I wasn't the only one having problems. Thanks so much for looking into it Cicada! :)

FYI, I received a PM yesterday (1 March) and an email notification for that PM. Was the forum software updated?
not yet, but it appears to just be an issue with some email providers, as far as i know.

the forum will be updated soon, as the company has been rapidly releasing updates which we havent been able to apply quickly enough. They just came out with another stable version yesterday, so I'm hoping to set aside na hour this weekend to shut the forum down for maintenance and upgrades.

Hello, Still not working Cicada. It has been about 7 weeks now. Before I switched my email to another hotmail/live account and it worked so today I thought I would just switch it until you get this issue resolved but it would not switch to the other hotmail account ( I received no email change verification email notification). I then and went and set up a yahoo account and it would not work either. Again no email change verification email.

I just thought I would mention that I haven't been receiving these emails either ... and I haven't for a while (and I used to get them). I never said anything because I figured the glitch was with my email account, but since quite a few other people appear to be having this same problem ... . I apologise for not saying something sooner, but as I said, I thought the problem was on my end.

If it helps, I have an aol account and have had this account for *quite* a few years.

Just wanted to add that I'm starting to have problems too. The notifications are coming in like the next day? It was working perfectly fine till maybe 2 weeks ago? I'm using Hotmail.

Add me to the list. Have never received any e-mail what so ever from the DPF, including the original sign-up confirmation one.

I'm with Earthlink, not blocking any domains or addresses, checking Suspect Mail folder daily (where e-mails from those Earthlink does not identify as Spammers are sent when the sender's address is not in my address book), but hardly ever checking my Spam folder. The latter I will endeavor to start doing on a more regular basis.

Is any other member who is receiving these e-mails also with Earthlink?

Update: The problem has been resolved. Got my 1st e-mail notification of a new PM just around the time I was making this post. And it came directly into my InBox also. Thanks to whomever fixed this problem.

Last edited:
I regularly receive all mails I should get at one time of the day, but not all of them, and then I don't receive them for a while again. They're not in my spam either.

Back