• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I disagree. Elinor is very popular. The $200 price tag on the Merida/Elinor doll is what made people not want to buy them. The dolls are beautiful but not for $200.

Exactly how is Elinor very popular. Everytime I hear someone talk about Brave they talk about Merida. I rarely hear anyone even mention Elinor's name much less that she is one of their favorite Disney-Pixar characters. I don't think the fact that it cost $200 was really the problem. Each individual LE doll costs $100 so it made sense that a set of two would cost $200. People are more than willing to pay $100 for an individual LE doll so if they really wanted Elinor then this shouldn't have been a problem. I'm willing to bet Disney grouped Merida and Elinor into a set because they thought it would sell better than doing the two separately where Merida would have sold better and Elinor would have needed to be a smaller edition size. It's the same thing with other doll sets they make. They include less popular characters with more popular ones because they know people will buy it just because they want the popular character.

I disagree. I think Elinor is way more popular than say, Lady Tremaine, who got an individual release. I would have preferred Elinor by herself, to match the Merida I had already purchased (of herself at the end of the film, with her hair untied). The thing that made the Brave set unappealing was the inclusion of the second Merida, IMO. For those of us like myself who had already bought the LE 7000 Merida, it was frustrating to have to buy her again, in a sense. Elinor is extremely popular in the Brave fan base. Her doll could have used to have been singular, and LE 1500, like all of our other mother figure surprise dolls. She would have sold much, much faster than the two pack. People didn't like the price because there was only one box. For me, part of the $99.95 price tag includes the box, of which there was only one for this set. So I felt that the set should have been about $180 at the most. The dolls are also less detailed than usual, but they've been slacking lately on all of them it seems

Elinor is extremely popular in the Brave fan base.
Well of course she's going to be popular with the Brave fan base, but outside of that group of people she really isn't. I was just making the point that as far as Disney-Pixar characters go overall she isn't that popular. Characters like Aurora, Maleficent, Ariel, Ursula, Beast, Aladdin, Merida, Rapunzel, etc. are very popular. The heroes, heroines, and villains are typically the most popular characters in these movies, not the parents or siblings. And yes Elinor is more popular than Lady Tremaine, but that's not saying much since Lady Tremaine has never been very popular.

I heard these dolls are planned like 18 months in advance, so whatever next years plans are, they are probably already in the works.

The only reason I didn't buy the LE Merida/Elinor dolls is because I had already bought the LE Merida doll and I couldn't convince myself that paying $200 for another Merida doll just so I could also get Elinor was okay. If they would have just had Elinor, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Why are people hating on my wife She is sensitive about these things.

Sometimes I think of Lady Tremaine as who Malificent was before she learned evil spells and went back in time to be a bada** powerful fairy. In Cinderella III she sure knew how to use magic quickly. And they have the same voice. Personal fantasies aside, I love LT and hope to grab her LE doll after i get my hands on a Cindy.

Sorry LordTremaine. No one is hating on your wife. I was simply speaking from a statistical standpoint when it comes to character popularity. There are plenty of great characters that aren't very popular with the masses.

Elinor is one of my favorite characters. I like her MUCH better than Merida in fact (I don't really like Merida too much and I am not a huge Brave fan, yet I adore Elinor). I wish they had come out with a single doll of Elinor instead because I prefer dolls to be in single boxes. The double set was a big turn off even though I might have bought both dolls if they were released separately. Also, a lot of people complained that these two dolls are not detailed enough for the price. It feels like they simplified more in the two-pack that they had been doing for individual dolls. They could have been much better and if they had been packaged separately maybe we would have had more detailed dolls. Not many people liked the two in one box set.

Also, if a person really wanted Elinor but didn't feel the need for another Merida I can see how $200 is a turn off. Yet, if Elinor was alone, they would be more likely to get her because then they are not forced into buying Merida too. So I agree with others that the extra Merida doll is the reason it is not selling.

The heroes, heroines, and villains are typically the most popular characters in these movies, not the parents or siblings.

Elinor was one of the heroines in the story. She is also the main villain if you think about it. This was a movie about mom and daughter and wasn't supposed to be only about Merida.

Last edited:
I don't think you can really consider Elinor a villain as she really was looking out for Merida and had her best intentions in mind. In this movie there wasn't really a villain with the exception of Mordoon (sorry not sure if I spelt that right). But like you said it is just about the relationship between mother and daughter which was nice. Don't forget not all movies need to have villains.

In relation to the Ariel dolls does anyone know if it is confirmed for the 29th of July preorder release or if the other date mentioned here on the 8th is correct? Regardless I think I will be checking the disney store and this website frequently over the next few weeks. Especially around Mon-Tues.

You're right, she wasn't really a villain. But she was the main force working against Merida's wants and desires.

really really? so is it still couples or will there be no two doll sets? was the previously provided information on characters and price misguided/just a rumor? or will that stay the same?

Still two doll sets, but the entire group of 5 sets is a collection. Everything else should be the same - but then again, nothing has been officially announced by Disney yet. The last two were: "Disney Princess Designer Collection" and "Disney Villains Designer Collection" - so the product wording should be the same...

The date for the designer set pre orders?

Sorry guys when I posted my question regarding the preorder release day I thought I was in the LE thread but obviously I wasn't. So ElysionsPrincess' reply to my comment earlier relates to the release of the Ariel LE preorders.

By the way thanks so much ElysionsPrincess for confirming that date for us. That is exciting that things are starting to be more concrete.

You're right, she wasn't really a villain. But she was the main force working against Merida's wants and desires.

Remember that not everything you want and desire will always be good for you and most of the time the ones who really care about you most are the ones that try to convince you otherwise granted they themselves may not always be right. In this case Elinor's role is that of a concerned parent that is all really. I don't think a concerned parent is really a villain, they may just be over protective or misunderstood which you can probably say the same for the child as well and that they are being selfish and misunderstood. Villains generally get the title of a villains due to their intentions always being dark, negative and evil. Elinor's were always good intentions.

But I can see where you were going with your comment about Elinor, I just think maybe that villain was too harsh a term to call her. Besides the title of the movie is Brave and not Merida so I guess you could say that both characters were main characters.

Thanks for pointing that out theothersteve, you are right it has always been collection and this is what the C in FTDC stands for instead of couples but I believe regardless of what is used between couples and collection people will still understand what you are referring to. I mean who knows it could that the C does stand for couples but it is known as the FTDC Collection instead of the FTD Collection. But you are right is is most likely that the C does stand for Collection, either way i am really looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see what this collection does look like but as mentioned by other members we probably will not get any further details until the Expo as that is probably when they will be revealed. Also it will be interesting to see how they make the male dolls especially Beast/Adam I really am hoping for him to be in beast for especially if done very well but then he may look more like a plush you than a doll then but then again it really depends on how they approach it. I just can't wait to see what this new collection looks like.

Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!! They look so great. I love Ariel & Eric, Jasmine & Aladdin, and Belle & Beast, but I think I'll only be able to afford one because of the LE dolls. I can't wait to see pics of the dolls. I really hope the guys have rooted hair.

Last edited:
WOW.. definitely need Rapunzel&Eugene, Ariel&Eric... oye SO EXCITED!! thanks for the link!

Wow, these are amazing! Even better than I could have imagined.... love Ariel the most of course
Can't wait to see dolls... think they'll have some sort of embroidered type pattern on the dresses?

OMG! Finally!!! Thanks for sharing these! Rapunzel & Flynn and Ariel & Eric, are amazing. I'm not a fan of Jasmine, but I gotta say I'm impressed with her design and dress. And from what I can tell from the picture of Belle, it looks like we are finally going to get the most accurate film looking Belle doll ever. So excited. Also love the fact that each character has details from their respective time period. Example, Snow White with her huge collar, and Rapunzel with medieval long sleeves, so loving these XD .

Status
Not open for further replies.