• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Something tells me the price of the dolls may drop just a tad, based on the reactions. Disney listens to us when we talk, for the most part, and I really don't think these will sell out at this price point. I guess that might be what they want though! I am not sure. If the price is lowered to say, $100, I will consider buying them. But $130 is just a bit too much IMO

I think Ariel looks beautiful- not sure how I feel about the lacy trim but otherwise her dress is gorgeous and it's refreshing to see her in blue. It looks a tiny bit big on her maybe? Their pose is definitely more dynamic than the other two, but I still think poor Eric looks a little lacking. Plus, maybe it's the lighting, but his hair looks brown instead of black.

I would consider that too! But right now, no, I'm not buying them. And it's such a shame, because Ariel is just wonderful!

These are really pretty and well done...but they look like ooak versions of the classic dolls. Don't get me wrong, I think they look super pretty and all...but not worth it. I still need to see the Beast and Belle dolls...but if they don't look that luxurious and rich like the lithos and previous dolls...I'm good passing until they get marked down like 2 or 3 times.
Also...do you think these dolls were inspired by those "Disney Couture" figurines? They remind me of their style.

After looking at Snow White & Jasmine couples, I thought this set was doomed, but Ariel and Eric came here to save the day! I'm pretty sure Rapunzel & Flynn will be stunning as well, but I'm afraid Beast and Belle will end up in failure. It looks Disney has issues translating detailed dresses into dolls.

Thank goodness I am not the only one to notice the poor fit of the clothing on the dolls. The clothes do look oversized on the actual dolls in these pictures. I've seen decent custom OOAK doll attempts on eBay (not necessarily only for Disney dolls) but where the clothes fit kind of poorly like this, and I always applaud the attempt and effort, but could never get myself to buy something like that.

So far, for the princesses, the proportion of dress top/bodice to skirt seems disproportionate, making their lower halves seem short and stumpy.
I don't like how big the collar on Prince Eric's shirt is, and he seems to have the Aladdin pin-head problem.

I agree that so far Ariel & Eric are the more successful pair revealed so far, but they do look a bit lacking, as with nice OOAK dolls with ill-fitting clothing. I am questioning if I should bother to pre-order a set (if that will even be an option) or to pursue this doll line at all. $650 + tax is definitely money that could be spent elsewhere.

I think Ariel & Eric look much better. I agree that $130 is still too much though and $100 would be better. I really loved the idea of a couples set, but the guys haven't turned out very well. It's weird how they have smaller heads than the princesses. Eric's eyes are oddly small and his hair doesn't really look black. I like the pose they chose for Ariel and Eric. I think Ariel looks beautiful. I really hoped her hair would be parted on the correct side since it was in the litho, but it wasn't. I can't figure out why they would want to keep parting her hair on the incorrect side. I hope she has her bow too. This is the only set so far that I want, but I really don't want to pay full price only to see it discounted later. Plus even though I really wanted an Ariel and Eric set, I really only want Ariel based upon this picture. Hopefully we'll get to see some in person pics soon and the princes will look better than they do in these pics.

Ariel is so beautiful. Her dress.......ahhhhh her dress I love it! I actually kinda like her better than than the 17 inch doll haha. Eric looks awkward. Hopefully Disney does drop the prices for these dolls because $130 is a bit much.

The dresses do look ill fitted.

I like Ariel. But I really wish they would just release the princesses in separate boxes.

Ariel looks really pretty in this promo shot; gives me a small hope for Rapunzel! While I like her, I don't love her enough to pay the $130 price Disney's asking. Eric at least looks decent compared to Snow's man. Overall though, all I can think about is that I've saved a potential $360+tax in terms of LE dolls from Disney. My hope now is that at least the Rapunzel set will look amazing enough to have me drooling to get her and Flynn.

P.S. If Disney uses the Rapunzel face mold from the basic 2012 doll, I will not be pleased. I hate that inaccurate doll!

Let's hope Disney drops the price and ups the edition so we can get these dolls at a reasonable price. Though if scalpers do get them all, they may have a hard time selling them for more than the org $130

Collectors:
:nono::hsd:

Scalpers, hopefully:
:squint::banghead:

Ariel is lovely. Eric looks like a $10 playline doll. Her dress does look ill fitted. So I would never pay $130 for this set when I would mostly be interested in Ariel nude. Even clothed, she is not worth $130. I'm pretty much completely discounting Eric because from that pic, he is worth next to nothing. Ariel maybe worth the same as the first designer doll, though that one had a much better outfit. I like this Ariel's face much better though. I don't think the current Rapunzel Disney store mold or the old one are accurate at all, plus she has the most enormous head out of them all, so I have no hope for the Rapunzel set. I really don't have much hope for the Beauty and Beast set either, as I also dislike the current Disney Store Belle mold.

I think they're great dolls but if they are supposed to be "Designer" quality they definitely don't meet that expectation, AT ALL. Definitely not worth the $130 price tag. I only hope the other 2 come out better otherwise....eck...

But I suppose if all of these items so far coming out are horrid then I pray the pins, if they make any at all of this collection, come out better and for the love of ******* god that they are better quality and inspected unlike the last 2 sets.

Okay, I'll give it to Ariel for looking the best out of the 3 so far, but I agree that the 2 don't look like $130 worth. They better be encased in VERY nice glass haha :lol: I will easily admit though that Ariel's dress is even nicer than I had imagined, but it seems like Eric buys shirt that are 1 size too large <_<

To answer your question about the princes, unfortunately yes. I own the classic prince dolls from the Disney Store, and their heads can only turn side to side.... And that's with some difficulty.

Oh gosh ew! I didn't even see the hideous plastic stand thing! D: WHY???

But other than that atrocity, they look way, way better in the boxes. Still, so far Aladdin and Jasmine are the only "must haves" for me. The others are just okay for me. Ariel is growing on me, but we will see! I look forward to seeing Rapunzel and Belle.

I still don't think they look much better in their boxes. They look too crowded I'm thinking I might just skip these entirely now.

Agreed, they look way better in their boxes. The cases look the same size as the Designer Villains & Princess, but I think they will be somewhat bigger to fit those 2 in one case.

I just love when pictures get leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.