• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Here's the doll release schedule:

Designer Fairytale Doll Collection Release Dates
Snow White Designer Doll Set, available in Stores August 20 and online August 21
Tangled Designer Doll Set, available in Stores September 3 and online September 4
Aladdin Designer Doll Set, available in Stores September 17 and online September 18
Beauty and the Beast Designer Doll Set, available in Stores October 1 and online October 2
The Little Mermaid Designer Doll Set, available in Stores October 15 and online October 16

Wow you were fast at posting those pics!
Yeah...Beast looks...WEIRD. And Belle's dress...looks weird! I want to like them, I really really do...but don't. If they get the Mother Gothel discount, then maybe I will buy them...but they just look so odd.
Also, Rapunzel looks like a sorceress. Love it.
My wallet is gonna be good and fat this doll release season.

Belle looks stunning, in my opinion. The Beast is actually scaring me...I don't know..I can't look at him, he's creeping me out. I NEED to see a close up of Rapunzel because she looks AMAZING. I have a feeling her and Ariel will sell out the fastest. Oh, why do they have to be $130 each???

The princes are all generally disappointing. Snow White's Prince just does not look like himself, Prince Eric looks like the Classic play doll with textured sculpted hair, Aladdin's head is too small, Flynn Rider looks nowhere near as roguishly handsome as he should, and The Beast just looks terrible! The Princesses are really going to be carrying this doll set!

Hopefully these show up a bit better for detail:

Rapunzel & Flynn Rider:

Snow White & The Prince:

Ariel & Prince Eric:

Belle & The Beast:

Aladdin & Jasmine:

Last edited:
Rapunzel is beautiful! Flynn is just ok, but I think Rapunzel makes up for it, she's gorgeous! The dress and the lantern OMG! so cool! I'm so happy that the 2 doll sets that I planned on buying ever since the Artwork appeared (Tangled and Little Mermaid) turned out to be the best of the whole set! Rapunzel will be the Ariel and Maleficent of this set, hands down!

As for Belle & Beast, I feel sorry for the fans, but it seems we still yet will have to wait for the perfect Belle doll. Her dress looks like the new Belle park doll, just a little bit fancier. As for Beast, eeew :S .

Oh goodness... not sure how i feel about these pics:

I know how I feel about them:

The princesses, as usual, look pretty darn good (Belle looks pretty meh, no widows peak in her hair, and her dress is okay, but I can deal).

The princes...wow, they look literally like your average, cheap dolls you buy at the Disneystore. Terrible, just...terrible. Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh, Aladdin and Eric aren't that bad, Flynn's shirt is WAY to big on him, but overall, he's not bad either. The skin the Prince I can deal with, he's missing a hat, but his clothes fit, but Beast...HE LOOKS LIKE CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY THAT YOU EAT!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!??! He lost a lot of weight to fit inside that box and he isn't tall at all compared to Belle. I'm sorry to Belle, but Beast easily makes the BatB set the worst one by far...and I mean BY FAR!!!!

On a side note, I agree that out of all the dolls individually, Rapunzel takes the cake for me, she looks fantastic and I'm almost inclined to say THIS should have been her original Designer Princess look it is so nice

Yea, the only ones I would want are Ariel and Eric, but only if they go on sale for like 1/2 off which is unlikely. Oh well, I'm just excited for the pins :naughty: because if they're anything like the artwork, you know they're gonna be beautiful.

SOOO happy with Rapunzel!! OMG! She is by far my favorite. I LOVE the lantern.

Anyone notice that Rapunzel's hair is styled differently in the 2 pics? The group one has a smaller braid weaved in. Also, her eyes look a bit different to me in the pics. I wonder which is the official version.

T
Hopefully these show up a bit better for detail:

Rapunzel & Flynn Rider:

OMG just noted Flynn comes with Rapunzel's tiara in hand! Nice accessory! Rapunzel & Flynn set is the best! All the detail in her dress reminds me of 17" LE Rapunzel. Also I have never liked DS Braided Rapunzel dolls, but this one is dope! Love it aaaaah! XD !

HAHAHA..that really made me laugh. He's so awful; I can't even look at him. He keeps reminding me of The California Raisins. I hate to say it, but I'm kind of hoping to get Belle by herself for half the price...if somebody decides to separate them.

Last edited:

Ariel is so pretty, I think she looks the best and Eric looks pretty good here too.

I think the general sculpt of Beast looks okay, but particularly in the group shot he looks aged and shrunken. I love how Ariel and Eric look in person. Her face is so pretty. I really like the way they did her eyelashes. I think Eric looks much better in person.

OH LORD I WANT THEM ALL! I have told myself i only wanted ariel and eric but now i really want belle so i might as well get jasmine my other fav too. Might as well get em all for a complete set oh lord! I wonder if beast has the prince underneath his collar is sculpted to the head hmm

Anyone just want Flynn? Do not want at all. I'd gladly part with him LOL
I'd buy him! :lol: The only thing about him that bugs me is his face...I'm tempted to do a repaint!

Overall I'm in love with the princesses' faces...so pretty. I personally would prefer fuller skirts on them, but I'm pretty happy with them. The princes...uh...yeah.... :facepalm:

I think that, if they were all solo dolls, the Rapunzel doll b***hslaps all the other ones. I think that this design is the prettiest concept for her that I have ever seen. Judging them as the duo sets, Ariel and Eric take the gold. I mean they are actually looking at each other, holding hands, and look really pretty. Eugene just looks kinda angry or like one of the guys from El Dorado.
Show me Belle and Beast for 30$, yep I'll buy them...but I am very much ok skipping this collection. :/

Oh my gosh, FINALLY! Rapunzel actually looks good enough for me to get, and I've been looking for an original DS Flynn doll for a while now due to the better details on him, so might as well put that money to this one. This one's not bad, just not great/perfection. And now with the latest pics of Ariel, I'm considering her as well, though the $130 price point really puts me off. The 17" LE Ariel was cheaper and had more to her than this set, which is probably the biggest reason I'm hesitating.

I want the rapunzel doll for sure and after seeing Ariel I kinda want her too damnit. Is there any way to open the cases? I'd throw out Eric and Flynn. Or give them away I have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever.

I guess Rapunzel and Ariel are the must haves of this collection. Hell they're my nephew and I's wants. Whereas Snow White's is adorable, something tells me I would want the D23 exclusive more. Belle is pretty but the Beast barely does it for me. It's ironic how I was originally plotting on getting Aladdin and Jasmine just cuz of their iconic couple standing but I'm kinda walking on eggshells about it. I guess the 3rd and 4th of September and October 15th and 16th are chalked up for me. I wish good luck unto everyone and happy doll collecting!!!!

Omg we need to chat about this. I'd be willing to go half with you, (Obviously I'd pay for shipping to my place and then shipping to you) Or something of the sort where I pay more. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.