• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
That is awful!

Im really growing to love Belle and the beast, I think she's a huge improvement on her original designer doll & I think the beast looks great posed next to her,so glad he's taller than her and in the new pictures he doesn't look as dark brown and much more multi tonal. Love how their posed too,much better than how Rapunzel and Flynn are posed. I only planned to get Rapunzel and ariel but now I'm considering Belle:/ at £100 each though I really don't want to buy 3! What to do:/

I know what you mean. I'm gonna try my luck with Belle and Ariel and hoping I get at least one. The LE ariel and Eric, are now really out of the question I think though.

That story makes me upset. People that work there should know the layout and should be able to help disabled people especially in an crowded event like that instead of the go here go there nonsense. Yeah, if I were to go, I would have to check my collector side at the door and just try to enjoy events. Sounds like you'll miss out on a lot of things by spending unnecessary hours in line only to leave empty handed

I wonder how many sets are being set aside for those are are going to pre-order the entire set. I mean they won't allow themselves to sell out with people buying the whole set before giving folks to order only the sets they want, right?

For those that currently have d23 snow in your possession, is her braided hair gelled up? Part of me wants to unbraid and style it more like the illustration.

When I saw Snow's art first, I was completely sure I was going to end up buying the doll, because her amazing hairstyle was perfection for me, and not to mention I'm not ever a Snow White fan. Later on when I saw the horrible side braid, I decided to pass on her. But after seeing pictures of the doll at D23, I decided to pick one and do the same thing as you, undo the braid and leave it more like its artwork.

Oh wow, that's really sad to hear! I have two siblings who are wheelchair-bound, and the parks personnel are really good about accommodating for wheelchaired individuals for the most part. It's just, I can't imagine paying the big bucks to go to a great event like the D23 Expo and not be able to experience it due to inaccessibility! Did/Does the site advertising the Expo say it is or isn't wheelchair accessible at least?

Certainly not to make any sort of excuses for the poor treatment that one person experienced at the D23 Expo, but there is a good chance that many of the people "working" there, especially the crowd control people, may have been volunteers to work the event. Conventions and other events often do utilize volunteers to run the grunt work, and these people are more often than not less than useless and do cop an attitude. It is inexcusable, because these people are representing Disney as a company. If they were actual employees of Disney, even more shame on them!

I was told that security were contractors, many active military and some park employees with crowd control experience. Unfortunately, the contractors had no briefings and the cast members had the wrong kind of crowd control experience (world of color and not attractions rides). I did hear a few mention that the crowds were larger than they expected.

But still, I had a great time despite the hiccups and disappointments related to some of the LE pin releases and I'll be back in 2015, God willing!

Hey nightmare mermaid, i managed to get the pics that you wanted, also got a pic of the watch for LordofAnime. I managed to attend the Disney Infinity event so I took photos of exclusives of that too. Also of some Frozen merchandise that was released at the store today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100074308@N03/

Wow what great pictures!!

I'm pretty bummed I didn't get into the Disney Store this year. I was touring a bunch of out-of-state friends around who both wanted to spend more time in the parks and not in the consistent 3 1/2 hour wait to look at dolls. But I completely agree with everyone there who was let down by the crowd control services. To put it simply, the entire showfloor was a mess. I think it had to do with the high attendance and the attention the Designer lines have received since 2011. The longest line was always for the Disney Store.

Most of the CMs on the showfloor were quite helpful to me but I have to say there were a few by the Disney Store who were very snippy when I asked them a few questions, and while I completely understand they probably had gotten the same thing all day and the crowds were overwhelming I was still kind of stunned with their response.

My other big thing on the Designer line at D23 was how many scalpers I noticed floating around. In the collectors forum I saw child after child return to their parent's stand with bags and bags of dolls and LE merch. I really couldn't believe the number of people I saw doing this. Oh well.

Overall though, the Expo was just too crowded. The lines for everything were just too overwhelming to me and I think the best solve for this is to limit the ticket numbers. There is no doubt in my mind that this event was oversold dramatically which was why it was as if not more chaotic than last expo, unfortunately.

I'm not trying to be a ***. Just saying I been to comic con and d23 and when apple iPhones the day they come out. I enjoy it. That's how theses things run. There no way to plan them. They just happen. You just have to good Attitude going into to the show. Long lines ,know you might not get what you came for.

Pupuce, I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you at the event and that you had so much trouble getting around and sadly the only way to make it better is for those who run the even to learn. D23 expo is not a Disney (DisneyParks) company so writing them will not get you an answer. Sadly a majority of those employees that were working round the clock are only hired for the expo, (I was talking to a number of the employees about this through-out this entire event) and thus do not know the in's and out's of the convention center. In order to let this be known and to improve conditions for the next time I would call the convention center themselves to let your voice be heard.

So, question, if we order the complete set, do the lithographs come with it? Or are the lithographs sold separately?

I hope the lithographs come with it i would love that! I really hope they do the other 5 next year even tough there is no expo. only other collection i can see them doing is villains again or merida,alice,elsa,anna,tinkerbell,jessica if heroines are done but i feel it's too mixed and esmerelda jane and meg are not being promoted enough to have designers. i see them doing fairytale designer villains/evil queen/ursula/gothel/gaston/jafar they coud do those to coo op with the first five couples then at the next expo do cinderella prince charming/aurora phillip/mulan shang /pocahontas john smith/tiana naveen then the villains of lady tremaine/maleficent/shan yu/radcliffe/facilier

it could work depending on how well the males do. but i feel this collection is the start of a new style for the designerline. the first 2 matched better than these do so they could do villains again. depends on what they decide to do.

Oh, what I'm wondering is: do we have to put 5 bags in our shopping bag as well as the set of dolls before we check out? Is that why the bag is on the site as its own item?

Status
Not open for further replies.