• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get the 5 piece Designer Couple pin set at 12:26 AM and also received a confirmation email on my pin set. I will let you all know if for any reason they cancel the order but at this point all looks good.

UGH!! My order status for the pins shows closed as well:/ I SWEAR the DS website is a friggin MESS!!! I will be calling tomorrow about this! I'm upset!

Do you happen to know what time it's supposed to be? I haven't seen the flyer.

I am blessed in that I work from home and can go whenever it is, barring disaster.

Lucky you; I have to be in class at the time! Anyhoo, I quote word for word from the pamphlet:

"Between 12:00pm and 1:00pm local time, vouchers will be distributed and then collected from each interested guest. At approximately 1:10pm, the names of the guests who were selected to purchase a doll will be announced at a designated area outside of the Disney Store (see Cast Member for location details). To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old, be present to submit a voucher and for voucher selection, and present a valid photo ID to purchase a doll."

Guess the ID thing will help prevent scalpers from having their kids purchase the dolls for them as well.

Last edited:
My status order closed too. I am so beyond saddened. Absolutely nothing worked out for me. Lost my Golden Snow, and now this. Disney Store is one let down after another. I wish someone knew how many they pre-sold so I could at least feel a little bit better if it were only like 100. I am beside myself.

I don't think anyone who was present for that can ever forget, ugh. I don't think there's ever been another day where I have felt such little faith for humanity as that day. It's one thing when people are just jerks, but when a bunch of grown adults act like animals and children over collectible dolls? Ugh. I am not looking forward to these releases. I'm really hoping the raffles go well - I've got my money set aside and ready to go for Snow White next week.

UGH!! My order status for the pins shows closed as well:/ I SWEAR the DS website is a friggin MESS!!! I will be calling tomorrow about this! I'm upset!

what time did you order? just curious and trying to gauge because other orders seem to still be active.

How's the raffle go ? I've never tried for the designer dolls before .

Last year, they gave you a one hour window where you had to show up and fill out a piece of paper with your name and then drop it into the drawing item (at my store it was a cauldron; dunno if that varied). They checked ID when you filled out the form, and again when you bought the doll.

At the end of the hour, everyone congregated at the table set up in the indoor mall courtyard for it. They drew 5 names at a time, then a CM walked those 5 people down to the store. Waited a few minutes, then repeat the process until all dolls were accounted for.

It went really smoothly at my locale, with the CMs hosting trivia while we all waited.

Thank you so much! Unless my memory fails, that's the same time frame as last year.

I am lucky in this regard. I went with my mom last year to double my chances, and whichever of us was called first bought one. Do you have anyone who can go for you? I hope so!

Got up to order a bunch of the D23 stuff, but i was surprised that only the designer set was released. -_-"

Anyways, managed to get some stuff. Not interested in the dolls or the pins, but got lithos and stuff like that.
I was actually thinking about getting the doll set and the pin and then selling it to someone here who really wants it (at the same Disney Store price). It's better than having to go through eBay. But I decided not to and now I feel a bit bad.
Anyone know when the rest of the D23 stuff will be released?

My pin order was at 12:17 and it is closed.

They did this with the Designer Snow White in 2011 and other things like vinyls.

They will fill a few orders made later and cancel some of the ones made before the ones they actually filled.

It makes no sense, and I have no earthly idea what they are doing. Frankly I don't think they know what they're doing.

That'll be fun, Michigan only has 2 Disney stores in the whole state and I live by the
one i'm pretty sure everyone will be at. & not just Disney Collectors v.v

I was originally planning to have my two younger siblings go with my mom and I to increase my chances of getting the Rapunzel set, but now the only one eligible for the raffle would be my mom (seeing as I have class at exactly noon). Ah well, we'll see how this all plays out. While I'd love to have the Rapunzel set due to sentimentality reasons and simply because I like it, I won't die without it. Still, fingers crossed and praying hard! XD

Last edited:
That'll be fun, Michigan only has 2 Disney stores in the whole state and I live by the
one i'm pretty sure everyone will be at. & not just Disney Collectors v.v

Hi doll, are you referring to the Lakeside DS? First of all, awesome!! We live near each other! Second, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we are not getting the Designer Couples dolls. And the Great Lakes DS is an outlet and does not carry LE merchandise So, for the third year in a row, we are being denied the collection. They are however getting the mugs and stuff, so far no lithos though!

thanks for the into guys. And does that mean only a few lucky people will get the dolls ? Man idk if I can get the time for off from work for this. Bummer

Well, the pins were removed from my order too, but eh, whatever, I didn't expect them to even be available online so I'm not too disappointed, but the order is still active because I ordered the lithographs in the same order. Thing is now it's only a $39.95 dollar order but ....they're still charging me the same $60 that they would have charged on a $240 order! Oh hell no, they are not charging me $60 to ship just five sheets of PAPER barely north of the border. Ugh, gonna have to call first thing in the morning and hope my order hasn't been processed/shipped yet (I assume they'll start shipping out the lithos and mugs and stuff like that right away). I hate hate HATE UPS and wish Disney Store would offer cheaper shipping methods through USPS. Sigh.

My doll set order is still active and it was placed at 12:16PDT so fingers crossed!

The closest one to me is an hour away and is literally next to WDW, so there is no doubt in my mind that it will be filled to the brim with collectors and scalpers... Not that I could go anyways, since they decide to stick it right in the middle of classes, and I have no one to go for me. Is this how Cinderella felt?

"Oh, well. What's a limited edition doll release? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and-and-and boring, and-and completely... Completely wonderful..."

thanks for the into guys. And does that mean only a few lucky people will get the dolls ? Man idk if I can get the time for off from work for this. Bummer

The thing is, each store only has a certain amount on-hand. For example: the LE 17" Ariel, who had the same LE amount of 6,000. Some stores had approx. 20 pre-orders available through the store, while mine only had 6. So really, it truly does come down to a lucky few and the rest have to attempt the online purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.