• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
I don't have a problem with people doing that. I've been iffy a few times on certain dolls but was able to make adjustments or just ended up liking them in person. For example, I was really iffy on the DFDC Snow White- I was never much of a Snow White fan and I didn't like her braid. I was going to order Rapunzel and decided if SW was still available when Rapunzel came online, then I'd just order the two of them together. When I got SW home, I pulled out the braid and I love her now, she's so pretty! And DFDC Belle I was iffy with too- I loved Belle growing up and I liked the doll except for the weird half ruffles on her dress. Got her and I don't even notice the ruffles now because I like the doll so much. I think if you're unsure about a doll, you should go ahead and get it because if you regret it then you're going to pay a lot more on the secondary market to obtain it. If you decide you don't want her, I figure it's not hard to find a collector who'd buy it off of you, and you can sell it for what you paid for it if you would feel guilty about making a profit.
. I did the same thing. I did not care for Snow White's braid, and I didn't think I could afford all the dolls, so I initially decided not to get Snow. She lasted almost two weeks, as I recall. Around time I decided to get Rapunzel, I decided to purchase Snow. Well, she had sold out by then. Too bad for me. Much later, I bought her from a collector who had bought second one to debox but decided to sell. I took out her braid, and she is just lovely. So being iffy is perfectly normal. Not to mention, the dolls look better in person than in pics. It is easy to be iffy on some, only to fall in love once you see them in person.

To be honest, for me, all of these dolls seem to be packaged in a way to encourage modifying if not full-out deboxing. This is what I did for my DFDC Snow White & the Prince (no hair-cutting required):

DFDC Snow White & Prince Ferdinand #1939 - 12 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

And I have had no end of pleasure enhancing my Designer Villains. New accessories, new poses, they all make them bigger and better:

Designer Queen Grimhilde by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Designer Maleficent by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Designer Cruella de Vil - 16 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Designer Queen of Hearts - 18 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Designer Mother Gothel by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Designer Ursula by Shivatopia, on Flickr
Designer Ursula is a hard doll to add any accessories to, but reposing her makes her much more divine and diva-like.

And of course I do have plans to change up a certain Briar Rose from this year's DFDC... :p And DFDC Cinderella may need adjustments anyway if she gets Exorcist head.

I totally agree with you for the "all of these dolls seem to be packaged in a wy to encourage modifying if not full-out deboxing" part. I always debox my dolls, to see in a better way their outfit, etc... but with the DFDC I could not let them boxed. Especially Rapunzel and Flynn, because you cannot see Flynn at all !
Oh, it is really nice what you have done with Snow-White hair ! (and the rose bouquet with the Queen of Heart ♥♥ and the movement of the cape of Cruella *o* stunning !)
I like them long, it remind me Snow from Once Upon a Time show ^^
So here is mine :
P1040652_zpscf401203.jpg

And inbox :
P1040656_zpsb3443b48.jpg

My Rapunzel Fairytale :
P1040732_zpsea80bc37.jpg
[

And inbox

P1040813_zpsd62826ec.jpg

Jasmine and Aladdin :
P1050030_zps09282eb6.jpg

They were perfect in box, in a really romantic pose but I didn't like very much the turban ^^
P1050044_zps1ae165fd.jpg

Beauty and the Beast :
P1050266_zps118b4b23.jpg

P1050295_zps40b78e63.jpg

And finally Ariel and Eric, mostly perfect too :
P1050489_zps18a7fcac.jpg

P1050496_zpsf555bf53.jpg

I don't have a good pcture of them in box...
But here are all my couples :
P1050408_zps53642288.jpg

I can't wait to have the new couples ♥♥♥ And I am sure, I will packaged them in my way ♥♥

Last edited:
Love love these pictures! Shiva I love your villians pictures and the little added touches! And MadEye I love the changes and how you repackaged them.Rapunzel looks much better repackaged.

Oh my gosh! Everyone's adjusted dolls are gorgeous!

Shivatopia, you just need to work for the design team for these designer dolls. Your reinvisioned villains are to die for. It is the small touches that often make a doll spectacular. Mad Eye, love your Rapunzel! I thought about putting the crown on her head also. I need to find a mini Pascal for mine.

I have only changed Snow's hair, but I still need to fix Rapunzel/Flynn.

Snow looks wonderful with the short style à la Shivatopia's, but also looks great with longer curls à la MadEye. Something about that braid never sat right with me.

Last edited:
I am loving everyone's photos of the dolls. I am currently waiting to move house so they are all packed away ready to go. Hopefully soon they will be out in their full glory. :)

I am loving everyone's photos of the dolls. I am currently waiting to move house so they are all packed away ready to go. Hopefully soon they will be out in their full glory. :)
Me too!! All my dolls have been packed away since I bought them and I'm finally moving in a couple of weeks to a more long term situation, I can't wait to let my beauties out!

Me too!! All my dolls have been packed away since I bought them and I'm finally moving in a couple of weeks to a more long term situation, I can't wait to let my beauties out!

Thats awesome news that your dolls will soon be out for you to admire. I still have a while to go my end. :-( would be awesome to see them when you have them displayed. :)

I too love seeing pictures of dolls seeing as all mine are still packed away, even my original designer from 2011!! I'm starting to forget what some of them looked like!!!

I can't wait to get my first LE doll! I"m for sure snagging Mulan and maybe Tiana for this round. I also really want the Rapunzel fairytale LE doll too eventually. I'm hopeful for her :)

Think that last time you could pre-order the entire set, but the rest of the dolls were released once every two weeks and shipped like regular purchases. When all the dolls were released I think they shipped the entire sets for the people who preordered that.
They're not surprise releases - we'll get all information in advance.

The tricky thing with the designers is that they come as a set, so people know who is coming out and when. So a lot of people will pick and chose who their favourites will be. I do agree that due to the Frozen hype these dolls will probably sell out fast, but that being said even if they do everyone knows that the designer lines have always sold for a lot less then LE dolls ever have. In fact several have sold for less than retail. I think people just need to be smart about this release.

Also the LE's are by far the more popular ones when compared to the designers. So whilst i think these will sell out fast I think it will depend on the character how fast it will sell and I also believe that it will sell out not because of collectors but because of scalpers buying multiple sets to make a quick buck. Hopefully enough do buy the set so that they flood the market with listings it will bring the price down on the secondary market.

Like Polaris mentioned, there has been a lot of secondary market flooding lately. The thing is, Frozen was kind of an anomaly, if you miss one wait for about a week and a half after the release (when all the re-sellers have gotten their dolls in the mail from DS) you will see lots of sets on eBay for retail or not much over it. It happened last year, even with TLM and BaTB I believe. I remember thinking that Ariel would be insane because of the popularity of her original Designer, and it wasn't the case. There is definitely a window of "market floods" with all the new releases lately.

Do you think the merchandise, besides the dolls, will sell out quickly? I really want/need the journal & mug for Aurora and Pocahontas but want them for Tiana, Mulan, and Cinderella as well. However, I only really have enough money for one of the sets a week, maybe 2 if I'm lucky. I was able to get them all at my disney store last year and I'm kind of hoping this set isnt as popular.

Do you think the merchandise, besides the dolls, will sell out quickly? I really want/need the journal & mug for Aurora and Pocahontas but want them for Tiana, Mulan, and Cinderella as well. However, I only really have enough money for one of the sets a week, maybe 2 if I'm lucky. I was able to get them all at my disney store last year and I'm kind of hoping this set isnt as popular.

If last year is anything to go by, things like mugs, journals, and lithographs will last for at least a few weeks. They usually last even longer in stores, as several journals and lithograph sets were on sale at my local Disney Store several months after the the collection was long gone online. But, as the Art of Aurora collection as shown, things have gotten a lot crazier since last year. Between the general Disney craze and the ridiculous amount of scalpers, its hard to predict how things will turn out for this collection.

Last edited:
If last year is anything to go by, things like mugs, journals, and lithographs will last for at least a few weeks. They usually last even longer in stores, as several journals and lithograph sets were on sale at my local Disney Store several months after the the collection was long gone online. But, as the Art of Aurora collection as shown, things have gotten a lot crazier since last year. Between the general Disney craze and the ridiculous amount of scalpers, its hard to predict how things will turn out for this collection.

I'm definitely getting the Aurora mug & journal Tuesday when they are released. If I'm meant to get all the mugs & journals, they'll be available the next couple weeks. Though my store still has the art of Aurora lithographs & the Maleficent ones were on sale. I might put getting those off until Friday when I get paid. The lithos last year sat around after everything else sold out. The art of Aurora lithos also lasted a good week online.

Do other merchandise like journals and mugs get released along with the princesses or are they all released when the whole set is available to order on the 2nd? Like, will we only see Tiana merchandise when Tiana is being released or will all 5 princesses' merchandise be available to purchase?

Do other merchandise like journals and mugs get released along with the princesses or are they all released when the whole set is available to order on the 2nd? Like, will we only see Tiana merchandise when Tiana is being released or will all 5 princesses' merchandise be available to purchase?

Usually all, they are usually gone online by the time the last doll sells but the stores tend to have them available for a little while longer.

Does the UK get all the other merchandise like mugs, journals, lithos etc? I missed this fuss last time around so I am clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back