• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
Picked up my Princess & The Frog set at the Disney Store today. The store had 16 doll sets and 16 tickets were submitted. Very surprised they sold out so quickly! It might be interesting tonight!

I was one of only three people today buying Tiana, and my store had fourteen. I didn't expect there to be too many people for her. I'm really happy I decided to purchase her and Naveen. Here's a picture. Super excited/nervous for Pocahontas next week!

I got my Tiana doll today too and I have to say, I was on the fence about getting her before, but now that I actually have her, I'm completely in love! She's my first Disney LE doll and certainly not my last! I plan on getting Mulan from this set as well and I'm really excited. I wish I could have them all but you know how that goes... :p

My store only had a handful of people waiting to get her and there were more dolls than people that went in for the raffle today. I'm happy I got one and I hope that everyone else that gets her loves her as much as I do! I was really astounded at all the details that go into these dolls.

Do you guys get nervous un-boxing them? I love HausofDe-Vil 's pose and I'd love to do something like that to mine too. What do you guys suggest?? Thank you!

Im in the same situation as you! I haven't even been to the Disney store out here.......it sucks because like you, I know what to expect at the Location I went to previously, knew the cast members and since it was a busy store, they usually got 24-30 of each doll set. The joys of being in a new location lol. I was just going to go with getting the ones that I wanted online. I do however, live close to a variety of DS locations and DisneyLand is about a half hour from me.
Couple things
1. Has anyone ever gone to the store and not actually gotten the doll they put their name in for and had to order online?
2. I need to express some anxiety, just moved to California from Connecticut. Back home I knew all the workers and most of the regulars who would get the dolls. Here, I have never been to the Disney Store I am going to to get the doll at, I have yet to even see the dolls in person and I know absolutely no workers or fellow collectors out here. So I am really going into this blindly, hence me asking if anyone wasn't actually able to get the doll they wanted in store. Can't wait to hear back from you guys, wish me luck! :)

I also missed out on Beauty and the Beat last year, there were WAY more people that showed up compared to the other releases. Even though the location I was at had 32 dolls, 80 people showed up.....I ended up getting the BATB set off ebay back in February for about $20.00 over retail

All of my stores still have one or a few of her left over. I pre ordered online so it'll be a few weeks before I have Tiana here. Until then I'll just drool over your pictures, MadEye. :D

I said I wasn't going to get Tiana but I decided to run down to the Disney store after class. There were four left by the time I got there (1:30). In the end, I'm very happy to add them to my collection! Hopefully I can add the other four to my collection as well. :]

Wierd me is all excited because I'm staying up tonight to watch the release. :p. I'm not buying them, but they are the first LE doll release I'm actually watching. Pixie dust to everyone!! :D

My store had 20 dolls and about 25-30 people submitted their names for the raffle. My sister was called first and she only came to help me obtain a doll, so when I was called for the 17th doll I told the cast member to give it to the next person since my sister was already called. I suspect a few more people did this, so hopefully everyone that wanted a Tiana and Naveen at my store today got them! :)

There were definitely more people at this release than the first release last year (Snow White), which makes me nervous for the upcoming releases. The dolls are really pretty in person...I have no complaints about the Tiana and Naveen set at all...Tiana is gorgeous and I love her dress...even though it isn't as unique as some of the other doll's designs.

After seeing each couple in person, my only complaints are...

-Phillip doesn't look like Phillip at all...they really missed the mark with him. And Aurora's dress looks too big and is ill-fitting on her. I felt the same way about Ariel's dress last year. I also wish her dress was shorter like her original Briar Rose ensemble.

-Cinderella is too cramped up against the side of the box. I was most excited about Cinderella because of the beautiful train of her dress, but because I don't de-box I will never get to enjoy it because you can't really appreciate it the way she is situated in the box.

Other than those small complaints I really do like all of the dolls for this release, and I do think they are posed better than last year's set.

Couple things
1. Has anyone ever gone to the store and not actually gotten the doll they put their name in for and had to order online?

I was able to get all of last year's dolls in store except for Ariel. All of the releases were easy except for Belle and Ariel...I was luckily drawn first for Belle but wasn't called for Ariel, but I was able to purchase her online that night. :)

I'm surprised that there isn't more people on here talking about their experience of getting the dolls

Lovely pictures everyone! Congrats to everyone who got Tiana today. I can't wait to get the whole set at the end of October. :) I'm just anxiously hoping my dolls all arrive in good condition.

tumblr_ncdlwmlspF1qgaja8o1_500.jpg

My new Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen set I got at my Disney Store today :)

I remember last year I only went for Rapunzel and Flynn which I did win through the raffle and was called 5th.
For Ariel and Eric I went and there was like over 100 people there and I brought my mom to help. Unfortunately I didn't win the set and had to buy them online and thankfully I did get them.

Today for Tiana and Prince Naveen I went a bit later and arrived at the mall around 12:15. I put my name in for the raffle and was told to come back a bit after 1pm.
Your given a notice such as this and also a slip with your name written on it.
10625142_10152623405358819_4821573380150424861_n.jpg

I didn't see a lot of people going for this set. I think my store only had 8 sets. I came back sorta nervous and everyone wanting the doll was rounded inside the disney store near the cashier.
They had all the doll sets on a trolley ready to be bought. The Cast Member then told everyone that there is enough dolls for everyone that put there name in. The bad news they gave us was that Tiana and Naveen wasn't popular as expected :( oh well score for us XD Then they were like if anyone's ready you can go to the cashier and pay.
I went first and got the first set from the store :)
I got #2089 :)

Came in this nifty gift bag too.
1601460_10152623405013819_797106584823233609_n.jpg

Outer Box of doll set.
10646778_10152623405108819_1092727892931883172_n.jpg

Ok, I didn't plan on getting Tiana but after seeing pictures of the set that was posted here, I couldn't resist! I called up the closest DS to me and thankfully, they had a few left over from the raffle. I was also able to see the rest of the dolls in the collection for the first time, in person. Cinderella is def my least favorite, she would looks much better de boxed

Wonderful pictures everyone! Tiana and Naveen are quite a lovely set. Now we just need to see how she does tonight on the website. Considering how well things went for everyone in store today, I don't think it will be that bad online either.

tumblr_ncdlwmlspF1qgaja8o1_500.jpg

My new Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen set I got at my Disney Store today :)

I remember last year I only went for Rapunzel and Flynn which I did win through the raffle and was called 5th.
For Ariel and Eric I went and there was like over 100 people there and I brought my mom to help. Unfortunately I didn't win the set and had to buy them online and thankfully I did get them.

Today for Tiana and Prince Naveen I went a bit later and arrived at the mall around 12:15. I put my name in for the raffle and was told to come back a bit after 1pm.
Your given a notice such as this and also a slip with your name written on it.
10625142_10152623405358819_4821573380150424861_n.jpg

I didn't see a lot of people going for this set. I think my store only had 8 sets. I came back sorta nervous and everyone wanting the doll was rounded inside the disney store near the cashier.
They had all the doll sets on a trolley ready to be bought. The Cast Member then told everyone that there is enough dolls for everyone that put there name in. The bad news they gave us was that Tiana and Naveen wasn't popular as expected :( oh well score for us XD Then they were like if anyone's ready you can go to the cashier and pay.
I went first and got the first set from the store :)
I got #2089 :)

Came in this nifty gift bag too.
1601460_10152623405013819_797106584823233609_n.jpg

Outer Box of doll set.
10646778_10152623405108819_1092727892931883172_n.jpg

Glad you could get them! I'm still worried about Cinderella though, she seems to definitley be the more popular one of this set. and although the mall I go to is a lot less popular than the bigger one, I'm still nervouse

Yes, it was a very quiet release at the DisneyStore Champs-Elysées.
But I am so glad to have my Tiana ♥ (I think that Naveen is not really great, but in the first serie, I just like Aladdin and Eric^^)
I am sure the nbext release will be this quiet too ^^
Because it is so sunny today, I could not wait to debox them :

P1090496_zpsb672ca47.jpg

P1090492_zps11361a4d.jpg

P1090503_zps54710784.jpg

P1090504_zps9b241196.jpg

I think they look very cute together, and I love Tiana's face ^^

(if you want to see more pictures, I have uploaded more here >>https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157647528739439/)
Oh my goodness I love your photos! Its always wonderful to see another deboxer! :D This set is gorgeous and I hope I can get one one day!

Yes, it was a very quiet release at the DisneyStore Champs-Elysées.
But I am so glad to have my Tiana ♥ (I think that Naveen is not really great, but in the first serie, I just like Aladdin and Eric^^)
I am sure the nbext release will be this quiet too ^^
Because it is so sunny today, I could not wait to debox them :

P1090496_zpsb672ca47.jpg

P1090492_zps11361a4d.jpg

P1090503_zps54710784.jpg

P1090504_zps9b241196.jpg

I think they look very cute together, and I love Tiana's face ^^

(if you want to see more pictures, I have uploaded more here >>https://www.flickr.com/photos/120857678@N03/sets/72157647528739439/)

Oh my god these are stunning photos! I honestly never liked the set but after seeing up close of Tiana's eyebrows and dimples (which I didn't notice till now) I'm seriously contemplating!!!

I rang up my local Disney store yesterday afternoon to see how it went, they said they had 5 people turn up and they had 40 sets, so there was 35 left over! I was amazed with how quite it has been, gives me some hope for next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back