• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15
As of yesterday it's down to the mouse and the creeper.

Let's have everyone help out & buy just so it could flip tomorrow! Totally wish I live in Hollywood right now just for that reason lol. Plus maybe the next flip might include finally Aladdin? XD

Sorry for the double post but can I say wow!? You guys are epic, one more left & they could finally release an Aladdin PTD in time for the Aladdin release :D Photo Credit to disneysidekick on IG!

d8c3bd5e9cee3f6b2d97eac70f206fe2.jpg

Creeper survived the release and the weekend.

For those curious, here is the most recent update to the Facebook group.

12046835_10153340555378409_1120285041583078452_n.jpg

Lottie looks adorable! Tiger Lily is my favourite of these, thanks for posting and good luck to those heading down to get them :)

Need Charlotte!

Syndromes arm is all white instead of black w/ white glove.....

I didn't notice that at first, but now I can't stop noticing...

:lol:

And hmm, have they completely stopped putting Mickey sprinkles on the ice cream now?

Nice batch anyway!

Wow! That seems fast! I've never been there so I'm still mystified by this whole phenomenon that is PTD/DSF/DSSH. I imagine it's a constant mad house! Do you always need a wristband or number? Can you purchase more than one pin? Do you have to purchase an ice cream product for each pin you want? Do people buy the ice cream and eat it all? I've seen pictures of very large floats, shakes, and sundaes! If you DO have to purchase an ice cream item for each pin---oh my that's a lot of ice cream!

Wow! That seems fast! I've never been there so I'm still mystified by this whole phenomenon that is PTD/DSF/DSSH. I imagine it's a constant mad house! Do you always need a wristband or number? Can you purchase more than one pin? Do you have to purchase an ice cream product for each pin you want? Do people buy the ice cream and eat it all? I've seen pictures of very large floats, shakes, and sundaes! If you DO have to purchase an ice cream item for each pin---oh my that's a lot of ice cream!
I know what you mean, being over in the UK I just imagine this as a very chaotic experience (doesn't help that I have social anxiety etc.). I too would like to know more about the experience, seeing as I will probably never witness it firsthand.

McMorgan said:
Do you always need a wristband or number?

Not always. When the pins first flip and a long line forms, they will either hand out numbered vouchers or hand out order sheets, where you can specify the pins and ice cream you want on the form, and those are numbered. This is mostly to stop people from showing up later and cutting in line with their friends. They also sell PTDs during morning pin releases in pin release voucher number order. Wristbands aren't normally used for PTDs.

If they've been out for awhile and people just trickle in off the street, they don't bother with numbers or vouchers.

McMorgan said:
Can you purchase more than one pin?

Each person can purchase up to two PTDs per day, as long as they're different characters. (So currently, each person is allowed to purchase Tiger Lily and Wardrobe, but not two Tiger Lilys or two Wardrobes.) If there is only one character available, you can only purchase one per day.

McMorgan said:
Do you have to purchase an ice cream product for each pin you want?

The PTD is technically an ice cream sundae that comes with a free pin. So yes, you are buying one sundae for each PTD that you get. The sundae is a two-scoop sundae with your choice of ice cream and one topping, plus whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry.

McMorgan said:
Do people buy the ice cream and eat it all? I've seen pictures of very large floats, shakes, and sundaes! If you DO have to purchase an ice cream item for each pin---oh my that's a lot of ice cream!

So, it depends. You are allowed to opt out of getting the ice cream and just get the pin. I will occasionally just get one sundae if I'm getting two pins and not going home afterwards, but most of the time I'll just get the two sundaes to go and throw them in my freezer for later. Many people get both sundaes, many people get just the pins, and sometimes people who come with large families will get some but not all of their sundaes.

The super large sundaes and shakes are different menu items and don't come with pins.

Last edited:
Thanks timeerkat for all the info! I now have a much better idea of what the PTD experience is like. :) Thanks to your post, I also have an ice cream craving at 1am. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back