• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2017 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 Pin Releases
According to cast members at Pin Traders in Epcot today, they never actually received any of the 35th anniversary lanyards that were supposed to be released today. Mouse Gear never got any either. They got all the other pins and the pouch though. Sooooooo keep a look out for that I guess?

HTHeKPB.jpg

The LE1500 pin & lanyard medal set is totally undervalued.

Not sure if it's just me, but his eyes are kinda creepy...

I came to the conclusion awhile ago (with some confirmation from independent evaluators, ha) that Funkos based on cartoon/animated characters often look very, very creepy. In contrast, those based on live/real personages are usually adorable. I LOVE the Pops based on the live-action Alice movies, the live-action Cinderella, and the live-action Beauty and the Beast. But animated Alice? Creeps me out. Ha ha. It's almost like the animation is distorted enough from reality that further distorting it into Funko territory is just too much. There are exceptions, of course, but that's how I feel about them!

I came to the conclusion awhile ago (with some confirmation from independent evaluators, ha) that Funkos based on cartoon/animated characters often look very, very creepy. In contrast, those based on live/real personages are usually adorable. I LOVE the Pops based on the live-action Alice movies, the live-action Cinderella, and the live-action Beauty and the Beast. But animated Alice? Creeps me out. Ha ha. It's almost like the animation is distorted enough from reality that further distorting it into Funko territory is just too much. There are exceptions, of course, but that's how I feel about them!

I can definitely agree with this assessment. I like some of the animated ones (oddly enough the Darkwing Duck series turned out looking okay), but most of them are a little strange.

yBpZD2Z.jpg

This is one of the Pinopolis pins being released for presale this Friday , if anyone's planning on placing an order for themselves and is willing to add one of these on for me please let me know , I can't justify another $25 for postage to the UK :(

yBpZD2Z.jpg

This is one of the Pinopolis pins being released for presale this Friday , if anyone's planning on placing an order for themselves and is willing to add one of these on for me please let me know , I can't justify another $25 for postage to the UK :(

I'll try to order 1 for you David.

Interesting that they're releasing the November flyer now. What are they going to be previewing at the Villains event then?

They didn't have any previews at this year's EPCOT trade event, so I imagine their preview boards will be what should have been at LIAA. Namely upcoming PTDs and several months' worth of pin previews.

They didn't have any previews at this year's EPCOT trade event, so I imagine their preview boards will be what should have been at LIAA. Namely upcoming PTDs and several months' worth of pin previews.

Oh I am very excited to see the previews! Hope they'll be there :)

yBpZD2Z.jpg

I was going to order too, so if Disneychildwith can’t, I could. Do they sell out quickly or something? And didn’t you have some discount codes for the website? I’ve never used the pinopolis website so I’m not sure if it’s a straight purchase or not.

I was going to order too, so if Disneychildwith can’t, I could. Do they sell out quickly or something? And didn’t you have some discount codes for the website? I’ve never used the pinopolis website so I’m not sure if it’s a straight purchase or not.
The more popular ones tend to go quickly , the recent Little Mermaid one for example , but generally speaking no .
Discount codes I previously posted will work : Netherlands Pinmaster / Florida Pinmaster
And yes it's a pre-order , you'll be charged when you place the order though . If you order at an event you get invoiced at a later date .
I messaged Lucy but thank you for the offer , normally I'd just order for myself but as I said $25 for one pin seems extortionate

Ok thanks I thought that there was going to be a loads of jungle book pins going to be released? I remember seeing a jumbo pin and some other pins also
They previewed some at the LiaA event, but haven't announced when they'll drop. I'm assuming it'll be either at the end of the month or early November.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Finally! I choose to believe they finally dropped the final set because I was talking with the cashier at DSF about the alphabet pins yesterday. ;)

Finally! I choose to believe they finally dropped the final set because I was talking with the cashier at DSF about the alphabet pins yesterday. ;)
Tessa: the DSSH Whisperer.

Feel free to start dropping hints about movies that haven't gotten marquees yet. I know you have your own list, but if you add Alice in Wonderland to it, I'll buy you ice cream for six months! ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

These have just been announced as next year's monthly pin releases at HKDL (so similar to this year's train set):
22157579_1969089963309336_566572053960851456_n.jpg

And this set has just released in Japan Disney Store:
22277992_2020705554832818_316426548687142912_n.jpg

Both pictures are by pintrade_tracy on Instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back