• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Hidden Mickey Release Watch

Which Upcoming HM Pin Set is YOUR Favorite (Pick One)

• WDW, Epcot Icons (6 pins)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DLR, Mickey Mouse (6 pins)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will Disneyland be releasing their 2018 hidden mickeys? Hopefully by the end of April?
The last estimate was mid March which came to be for WDW. For DLR I am hoping sooner than end of April...

Maybe they have been released at DLR and they are disappearing so fast from the boards no one has seen them?

The last estimate was mid March which came to be for WDW. For DLR I am hoping sooner than end of April...

Maybe they have been released at DLR and they are disappearing so fast from the boards no one has seen them?

It’s entirely possible, but even the traders haven’t had them yet, and I haven’t seen anyone posting about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s entirely possible, but even the traders haven’t had them yet, and I haven’t seen anyone posting about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen anything for DLR HM's!!! I'm really hoping they'll come out for the start of pixar fest on Friday -___- we do have the pixar surf boards... *hopes*

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spoke to CM apparently DLR is separated from WDW in regards to pins since end of last year. They're still working out what needs to be done, and doesn't expect to see new HMs till end of month. More like May, the new ones they got were last year's WDW HMs and are still working through them. Quality for the dog bones aren't great but LK paw prints are ok. Had to show them the release pic, they weren't aware it had been posted.

Spoke to CM apparently DLR is separated from WDW in regards to pins since end of last year. They're still working out what needs to be done, and doesn't expect to see new HMs till end of month. More like May, the new ones they got were last year's WDW HMs and are still working through them. Quality for the dog bones aren't great but LK paw prints are ok. Had to show them the release pic, they weren't aware it had been posted.
I am confused by "the new ones they got were last year's WDW HMs". Does DLR receive WDW HMs routinely? And the quality is not great? Is DLR receiving official scrappers?

***Mind Blown***

I am confused by "the new ones they got were last year's WDW HMs". Does DLR receive WDW HMs routinely? And the quality is not great? Is DLR receiving official scrappers?

***Mind Blown***
No not scrappers, they're coming from the bags for trading corporate side. Merlin would have to comment how the WDW bones were, but yes they decided from the 60th to switch the HMs so that each park got the other's. This was crazy, cause by the time they came out collector's had already traded for the other park's, but I'm guessing WDW didn't mind getting some of DLR's.

The CM I've been talking to is the one who worked at bringing back the trading at Grand CA hotel. He's been updating me on the progress of the new HMs.

I haven't felt like posting on this thread lately. When I have thought about this next HM release I am actually now a bit ehh... in the 'let it go' mode. Need to cut back on this hobby anyway and the way DLR handles HMs is making that a lot easier. So I should thank them. :confused::(

We were at DLR last Sunday through Tuesday, the pin boards looked exactly like they did when we were last there in 2016, literally the same pins, it was a bummer. And at least 50% were scrappers, we passed on more pins than we kept.

Additionally almost every guest we traded with had scrappers too, there were only two traders we encountered that had legit pins, really disappointing.

We were at DLR last Sunday through Tuesday, the pin boards looked exactly like they did when we were last there in 2016, literally the same pins, it was a bummer. And at least 50% were scrappers, we passed on more pins than we kept.

Additionally almost every guest we traded with had scrappers too, there were only two traders we encountered that had legit pins, really disappointing.
Agreed. DLR cast members and the park guests have bags full of scrappers... (and this includes some of the traders who I have seen trading on a regular basis... you would think they would figure it out and toss those fakes out).

Literally, just returned from WDW and did not see a single new pin :( Brought lots of legit HM traders and came home with a few fun things my daughter picked but not a single one of the new pins were out on CM's lanyards ...

Went on a quick trip to WDW for the weekend, and I found only 1 new pin on a cast lanyard (in Germany). Was only at EPCOT, Contemporary, Polynesian, and Magic Kingdom (a cast member there told me that they haven't distributed them to cast members at MK yet). Very disappointing.

They've been out for a while now and I've only seen one new HM on the board at my location and none in the parks. I'm trying to keep an eye out for people and it's not going well... :c

Almost forgetting about this thread. I am definitely losing momentum for finding the HM pins.

Here is the question: Has anyone seen these hidden mickey's (as posted at LIAA event) at DLR?

Here is my expected answer: no (I am such a downer lately.)

Almost forgetting about this thread. I am definitely losing momentum for finding the HM pins.

Here is the question: Has anyone seen these hidden mickey's (as posted at LIAA event) at DLR?

Here is my expected answer: no (I am such a downer lately.)
Went on Sunday, nothing new that I could tell, but we didn't get there till afternoon. Usually by then anything worthwhile is already picked up. On Wednesday the CM at the hotel said they still haven't received any new HM pins.
I'm thinking maybe once Pixar Pier opens or for July 4th, sometimes there's a push to get new products out for the tourists, and the lower APs are blocked out. Just a guess though....:)

Went on Sunday, nothing new that I could tell, but we didn't get there till afternoon. Usually by then anything worthwhile is already picked up. On Wednesday the CM at the hotel said they still haven't received any new HM pins.
I'm thinking maybe once Pixar Pier opens or for July 4th, sometimes there's a push to get new products out for the tourists, and the lower APs are blocked out. Just a guess though....:)
I also was thinking perhaps when the construction is done...? Downtown Disney had the WofD store only half open during my last trip. Here's hopin'.

I have been looking for the New HM's at DLR every time I visit. Which is a minimum, once a week.

I seem to remember, maybe it was last year, they were finally OUT around July?

Anywho...Patience is a major Virtue with this hobby.

I am HOPING to see some a the PT event June 14th. If I DON'T...you can be sure, that I will be asking the leads and the managers for info.

I also was thinking perhaps when the construction is done...? Downtown Disney had the WofD store only half open during my last trip. Here's hopin'.

I'm guessing management knows how important HMs are for pin trading/marketing, and I've noticed at certain timings the availability of good pins come out then. BUT I've also heard there are pin traders that hit the parks at opening and get all the new pins, so it's hard to tell. I felt the moment it doesn't matter anymore is when it's flooded for a couple of months. Meaning in June/July/August it trickles out, then in October all of a sudden the pins will be everywhere, and disappear in December.
It seems HM distribution is not a high priority, or new pin information either.
As Connie mentioned it's a wait and see mostly. :(

Talked to a DL lead last week who said they'd heard "coming soon". So fingers crossed... Although I'm still happy to trade for any hidden mickey Wonderland tea cups (real ones - there are sadly quite a few fakes out there) when I come across them on occasion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back