• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Disney Heroes vs. Villains An Epic Showdown

The mystery pin which you can switch out the characters is cool! I just like the design of the base pin itself.
Also the Multi-plane especially Wreck it Ralph is noice.
Face to face is interesting.
That one pin with 5 swivels is crazy! What’s going on there! Fun to play with though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no heroes or villains in Wonderland. ;)
pin30871th200
thumb130_201603247688.jpg
pin87517th200
thumb130_201607259174.jpg

:D

Too many Marvel and Star Wars pins in my opinion. Not too crazy about the individual Villains pins, but some of the boxed sets are interesting but pricey for the LE size. Might stick to Hades and Scar stuff IF I try to register.

Bring back the in-person event next year if possible!!

Last edited:
I'm sad to say it, but I think this will be the first event that I won't be attending since 2006, breaking a 15 year streak.

Normally, if I don't like the pins, it's okay, because at least I'll get to go trading. But with an online event, there's just no real benefit here. I don't like any of the pins for myself, and I barely like any of them as trading fodder (like, pretty much only the mystery set), and the price is pretty ridiculous (unless they're adding an AMAZING freebie we don't know about).

I'm more sad about not getting into Destination D than I am making this decision, which is saying a lot. I hope the pin event comes back stronger in 2022.
Yes, I agree about the cost to register for a virtual pin trading event. I am trying to resist. One way to get the message to Disney is to vote with my $$ (and not spend it.)

Unfortunately, I do like some of the pins... trying to support co-ops and then will try to trade for what I want.
repeat:
"not going to register."
"not going to register."
"not going to register.".

I was thinking of going with the Epic package, but the main draw is the priority for the RSP and I think that everything I want will last through at least the first RSP. (Really the only thing would be the sigils set but it's high price I think will turn some people off of it.) So I think I will go for the Legendary package instead and the extra $100 I would have spent can be put towards RSP pins instead.

Registration: A virtual waiting room will open at approximately 12:00 PM Eastern time on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, with registration for the event beginning at approximately 1:00 PM Eastern time on Wednesday, September 8, 2021. Click Here to Register
Header%20Logo.png

Online registration has not yet started for this event. Please come back at 13:00 (1:00pm) Eastern on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 to register.

If you are seeing this message after 13:00 (1:00pm) Eastern on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, please clear stored cookies from your Internet Browser and try again.

You can click on the link above, sign into your disney account and be placed in a waiting room. If you are interested in buying a ticket.

Anyone else completely conflicted on registering?

don’t need any pins and have no real interest but we always register so it feels weird to not..

don’t need any pins and have no real interest but we always register so it feels weird to not..
I am totally conflicted. But didn't enter the que, so decision as likely been made.

If not interested in the pins, I don't see any reason to join. One day of a virtual "pin event" where you will basically watch some videos of people discussing pins? For 2-4 times the price of the two day version from last year? Would be a pass for me if I didn't want the pins. VERY MUCH hoping we are back to an in person event next year!

I'm surprised to see so many marvel and star wars pins... A lot of the star wars ones I don't like the designs, not rely sure what demographic they are trying to hit with the enlistment pins. I'm curious if they wine up selling or not. Last year there was no star wars ones, right?

If anyone winds up with the mandalorian mystery box ones but me up haha.

Got registered. Epic was gone so just regular. It did offer to waitlist me for epic if someone cancels.

Sorcerer Mickey is my mom’s favorite character so if anyone who got Epic is willing to talk about a deal on that pin, let me know!

Curious… do you remember what number you started at? Trying to get an idea of how many Epic packages they sold.

Curious… do you remember what number you started at? Trying to get an idea of how many Epic packages they sold.

I posted above when I started so I actually know exactly! I was 896. So I’m guessing it’s an LE 500 or 750 pin. Do we think everyone was going for epic (LE 750) or no (LE 500)? I estimated above that I had around 300 people to go and it was saying epic was 95% gone. Would that rule out the 750 option?

I registered in the wait on both laptop and mobile since I thought more devices would get me the advantage....
It sure did! Mobile was at 50 people Laptop was at 200 people the time it went live.

Back