• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Limited Edition Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’d call @Disneychildwithin - they are claiming the extra stock is for people like you who had their orders cancelled so in your case I hope you get one.

(Removed my venting toward shopdisney - no need for negativity on my part ;))

Those who’s orders got cancelled, CALL. They are saying they are waiting for you guys <3

Last edited:
51396932678_02e1a8a356_d.jpg

Wow! Wonder what the theme will be?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

It's tied to the Ultimate Princess Celebration and will be a 12-month thing, so I'm wondering if it will be a bit like "designer princesses part 2" or something. Or at least really fancy versions of each princesse's classic outfit ....

Wow, the Kida doll is truly amazing. She is so different from all the other princesses because she has the warrior look, but she fits in as well. How fun and truly different. I am really pleased with her dress and the overall look. Good job Disney!
Also, Jasmine looks amazing. I love the red.

Well, THAT was a disastrous release for the US. How did Hocus Pocus fair in Europe? I know you guys got more dolls than we did this go around, so hopefully you all had better luck.
RIGHT!!!! What a show!!! This is unacceptable and beyond ridiculous at this point. I was in the waiting room before the time. By the time I got in, 10 minutes later, all said the “sold out” message when hitting add to cart. Then, I proceeded to just keep hitting add to cart for Mary, success!!! Proceed to Sarah, success!!! (Paid, 2 separate transactions) no luck, getting Winifred. WHY in the F, was there not a “buy set” option!?!?!???! I’m so annoyed but it is what it is at this point….I really miss having, going to the store, as an option. This releases was so sloppily handled and not well thought out. And with Facebook and Instagram down, I can’t see how people faired, in the groups. Now the dolls don’t even show up online anymore and have the grey sold out button. Doesn’t that mean they’re gone?? Or will they randomly pop up.

Source: the.cursed.prince The Disney Designer Collection is back and this year the dolls are inspired by the Ultimate Princess Celebration. Throughout 2021 and into 2022, 15 collectible dolls along with a matching pin will be released on a monthly basis on shopDisney. The first collection goes on sale October 12th at 7am PT. ✨

———————————————————

The Disney Designer Collection is proud to introduce the Ultimate Princess Celebration, a limited-edition series of dolls carefully crafted by artists across The Walt Disney Company. Fans will have the opportunity to shop for these beautiful limited edition dolls inspired by their favorite Disney Princesses. The dolls measure 14” and come in a collector's box accompanied by a card about the designer as well as the edition number. A matching pin will also be available separately.

shopDisney has revealed the first seven Disney Princesses to be included in this series:

Jasmine (Aladdin)
Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Mulan (Mulan)
Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Merida (Brave)
Each guest may only purchase one of the same items.

Disney Designer Collection – Ultimate Princess Celebration

Jasmine
Available October 12th at 7am PT – Edition Size: 9,800

Source: laughingplace.com

Last edited:

The Ultimate Glamourous Collection

This one-of-a-kind collection of 15 dolls features our beloved heroines dressed in the most elegant and fashionable designs. Here’s a look at our featured Princesses and check back for more to be revealed.

3up-sq_dd-pocahontas_20211004_2x

Pocahontas
3up-sq_dd-ariel_20211004_2x

Ariel
3up-sq_dd-mulan_20211004_2x

Mulan
3up-sq_dd-tiana_20211004_2x

Tiana
3up-sq_dd-aurora_20211004_2x

Aurora
3up-sq_dd-merida_20211004_2x

Merida

Jasmine's edition size is 9,800? - Too many IMO. I'm a big fan of the designers...but part of that has been the Steve Thompson art & design aspect, of which he seems to not be involved with this time. I'm going to pay attention to these, but passing on the first one. She's pretty, but also meh.

Jasmine's edition size is 9,800? - Too many IMO. I'm a big fan of the designers...but part of that has been the Steve Thompson art & design aspect, of which he seems to not be involved with this time. I'm going to pay attention to these, but passing on the first one. She's pretty, but also meh.
Honestly I'm glad Steve isn't involved, I'd rather have fresh and new takes on the characters. His designs are starting to feel bland, I guarantee if he were designing these dolls Jasmine would've been in teal with some sort of ponytail or braid haha.

Honestly I'm glad Steve isn't involved, I'd rather have fresh and new takes on the characters. His designs are starting to feel bland, I guarantee if he were designing these dolls Jasmine would've been in teal with some sort of ponytail or braid haha.
Well, I caved. I went and just looked and looked at her - she's wearing jewels from the cave of wonders for pete's sake. She's listed as 14" which is interesting...not sure if that means her hair and stand...or if she is a 14" doll (she's probably 12" like all the others). My dislike is the missing sketch art...the box is like the premiers, but they always had some sort of art - I could totally do without the artist face on the back. Would have rather there been various versions of the doll. Steve has only ever been mentioned by name (if that) on the box - so I'm not sure why 10 years of no feature for him, and now this guy get's his face on the box, but whatever. I personally never felt like Steve was bland, but I'd understand and do appreciate different takes by different people. And yes, like the red instead of teal :)

Hello all. I found this thread a few months ago while trying to navigate the intricacies of Disney collector doll shopping, and I found the release information very helpful. I've never said anything until now, but I just want to thank everyone who posts information about the doll releases.

I ended up buying the 2021 Jasmine as well. I wish I had gotten the Designer doll (from I think 2018) with her turquoise and red pants outfit, but this red Jasmine is also a nice change up.

Is it bad to say I hope I don't like any of the other dolls in this series or that I hope their outfits are undesirable? (I doubt they will be.) It's just that I certainly don't have the money to buy all my favorite characters and I'm afraid they will all be desirable. I have to figure out how to choose only the few I truly like. Which is impossible if they hide the designs until the month they are for sale. How do we plan this out?

Hello all. I found this thread a few months ago while trying to navigate the intricacies of Disney collector doll shopping, and I found the release information very helpful. I've never said anything until now, but I just want to thank everyone who posts information about the doll releases.

I ended up buying the 2021 Jasmine as well. I wish I had gotten the Designer doll (from I think 2018) with her turquoise and red pants outfit, but this red Jasmine is also a nice change up.

Is it bad to say I hope I don't like any of the other dolls in this series or that I hope their outfits are undesirable? (I doubt they will be.) It's just that I certainly don't have the money to buy all my favorite characters and I'm afraid they will all be desirable. I have to figure out how to choose only the few I truly like. Which is impossible if they hide the designs until the month they are for sale. How do we plan this out?
In the past Disney has almost always offered a pre-order of the full set (I don't know how many)....and I think all the edition numbers matched. At least this way you could see each doll before hand. They have also previewed them at D23, which also led you to online pics and videos. I'm not sure why the wait-and-see this time as they always sell out. Sure some are going to be more favored when you do a preview, but I'm guessing this is to keep the interest throughout the entire release. At least they previewed Jasmine several weeks in advance...if they do that for each, you can at least think it over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back