• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Pin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Pin Discussion
Pin release today at Disney Hollywood Studio Store. Open to California residence only.

3df3d4c6939a4057430364a2ae57cdc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw your post in the other thread and replied as fast as I could.... sorry.
Appreciate you! For anyone else trying that route it didn’t work. Traced my card back to not being from CA and declined the transaction. Nice to see them stepping up figuring bota presumably but :(

• Wow
Reactions: Ajk
Appreciate you! For anyone else trying that route it didn’t work. Traced my card back to not being from CA and declined the transaction. Nice to see them stepping up figuring bota presumably but :(
I had the same issue also. I have a CA address to ship to, but credit card address doesn't match. I was also declined and could not purchase. Yes, I guess it keeps it legit for people actually residing more permanently in CA (although I am there quite a bit pre-COVID).

Well I guess I saved $350.

I'm sorry to those outside of California. :( I'm guessing it is related to the donations they will be making to the LA LGBT Center.

Really?! You had a CA address for the shipping (someone else's) but the billing address for your credit card is not CA so they said no go?

Really?! You had a CA address for the shipping (someone else's) but the billing address for your credit card is not CA so they said no go?
The shipping address and the billing address have to be identical or it won’t go through unfortunately :( One time my friend got in for pins I wanted, so I tried to use my credit card to pay for it (he already input his address and there’s no going backwards from that point) and it wouldn’t go through. We both live in Cali so that wasn’t the problem, but the billing address for the CC and the shipping address have to match up.

Last edited:
I was pretty surprised too. Figured there would be an option for mailing and billing addresses as they definitely aren’t always the same. I suppose most true California residents would have a California billing address though.

The shipping address and the billing address have to be identical or it won’t go through unfortunately :( One time my friend got in for pins I wanted, so I tried to use my credit card to pay for it (he already input his address and there’s no going backwards from that point) and it wouldn’t go through. We both live in Cali so that wasn’t the problem, but the billing address for the CC and the shipping address have to match up.
I have been able to place orders using my parents address every time prior to this. There was an option for a separate billing address. This is the first time it failed.

I know it definitely worked for the toys for tots pins in 2020 and the release before that. I had no problem scoring both and shipping to my parents in socal.

I have been able to place orders using my parents address every time prior to this. There was an option for a separate billing address. This is the first time it failed.

I know it definitely worked for the toys for tots pins in 2020 and the release before that. I had no problem scoring both and shipping to my parents in socal.

Wow, that sucks. Mine are not the same and I wouldn't have had time to go and change it...

Oop! You've just triggered another game of (and say it with me folks) What's Wrong With That Pin?!

Just for a refresher: every mistake you point out gets you a point. Ready? Go!

(I also noticed this and cringed hard. There's a lot of points up for grabs, because I'm not even sure which one is supposed to be China and Japan)

The one with the panda is supposed to be China but the character appears to be incorrect.

Good to know, so maybe it’s just for the Cali exclusive releases then...

I definitely used a CA shipping address and non-CA credit card for CA-only releases in the past, so this must be new. Very good to know. Thanks!

The one with the panda is supposed to be China but the character appears to be incorrect.

See I would have said the panda one was Japan with the panda as the biggest mistake there and the other one is China because of the Great Wall, the style of red lanterns, the temple, person’s style of dress, etc. on that pin all being more Chinese. I think that pin (Great Wall) is a not terrible China pin and the other is a bit more of a mess but works ok for Japan (the torii and outfit both being in more Japanese styles), if you ignore the panda.

I could be wrong of course and totally willing to listen to those with more expertise. Most of my knowledge comes from learning from my cousins who are Japanese through the other side of their family and more academic studies as opposed to personal cultural experience.

Good to know, so maybe it’s just for the Cali exclusive releases then...
Well, this was true was for this specific Cali release. But... what I am saying is for the prior CA exclusives I was able to use my parents address and my CC. This is the first CA exclusive release where using my parents CA address failed.

@Jabberwocky - Does the tea cup count for your collection? @MerlinEmrys - Cogsworth!

Disneyland® Resort Pin Releases:​

• Artfully Evil – Cruella de Vil Pin: Sixth release in the Artfully Evil monthly pin collection for 2021 at Disney Parks! This pin features Cruella de Vil. Limited edition of 3,000 and the retail price is $19.99. Available starting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at DLR.
Cruella de Vil Artfully Evil Disney Pin

Cruella de Vil Artfully Evil Disney Pin
  • Milo Thatch Atlantis: The Lost Empire 20th Anniversary Pin: Features Milo Thatch and celebrates the Atlantis: The Lost Empire 20th anniversary! Limited edition of 3,000 and the retail price is $19.99. Available starting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at DLR.
Milo Thatch Atlantis The Lost Empire 20th Anniversary Pin

Milo Thatch Atlantis The Lost Empire 20th Anniversary Pin
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire 20th Anniversary Hinged Pin: Atlantis: The Lost Empire20th anniversary hinged pin. Limited edition of 3,000 and the retail price is $19.99. Available starting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at DLR.
Atlantis The Lost Empire 20th Anniversary Hinged Pin

Atlantis The Lost Empire 20th Anniversary Hinged Pin
  • Kylo Ren First Order Star Wars Pin: Features Kylo Ren and his spaceship. Slider element. Limited edition of 3,000 and the retail price is $19.99. Available starting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at DLR.
Kylo Ren First Order Star Wars Slider Pin

Kylo Ren First Order Star Wars Slider
Father’s Day 2021 Disney Pin
Father’s Day 2021 Disney Pin

Ok - that one is pretty cool looking.
And it can be yours! :)

And it can be yours! :)

I saw that - I’ll have a look later and see what I have to bid. Love a good auction. Way more fun than trying to get through the rush for a ShopDisney or DSSH release.

Reactions: Ajk
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back