• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2022 Mickey Mouse The Main Attraction

2022 Mickey Mouse The Main Attraction

DisneyJ

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
a7c2134fd6dd0e65c53f684499039a7a.jpg

39204_mickey_main_attraction_xtb

Last edited:
Oh goodie. A retread means I'll need the Mad Tea Party pin set. Again. :p

None of the rest of the Minnie set tempted me, including the plush. Although a friend got me the ears - I don't wear mouse ears as they give me a headache, so they're tucked away. Hopefully I won't want anything beyond the pins for this collection either.

Was actually disappointed that Wonderland wasn't included in the Stitch set this year since the Stitch pins were so big and nice, whereas the Minnie attraction pin set was small, paste and uninteresting.

I was hoping Mickey would mean ear hats not headbands. If this is the true plan for the series, it is far too similar to the Minnie one and makes no sense to me for a Mickey set.

They might switch it up for some months (like how some of the Loungefly bags for Minnie were fanny packs).

It will be interesting to see how they approach the pins. Will it be a three-pin set like Minnie, using a different ride icon as the third pin? Switch up the headband pin to be the bag? Will Mickey be facing the opposite direction that Minnie is so they face each other? Will they change the three-pin set to a single larger pin of Mickey dressed in theme?

They might switch it up for some months (like how some of the Loungefly bags for Minnie were fanny packs).

It will be interesting to see how they approach the pins. Will it be a three-pin set like Minnie, using a different ride icon as the third pin? Switch up the headband pin to be the bag? Will Mickey be facing the opposite direction that Minnie is so they face each other? Will they change the three-pin set to a single larger pin of Mickey dressed in theme?
All good questions... and I like the idea of a single pin the size of the current Stitch pin series.

All good questions... and I like the idea of a single pin the size of the current Stitch pin series.
Me too. I do like the stuffed toys because it would be neat to have a set. Not for me, but for everyone
else. Big pins are better than a tiny three pin set. I still don't get the ears. Those headbands remind me
of Minnie not Mickey.

I would really like Mickey dressed in the attraction’s cast member’s uniform, but that would seem to be more cast exclusive or WDI inspired and maybe doesn’t have widespread appeal? Otherwise I would want Mickey on the attraction….Mickey on SM. Mickey on a POTC boat with one of the iconic scenes behind him….but these are sort of like some OE attractions pins out there featuring Fab 6….I don’t know.

Me too. I do like the stuffed toys because it would be neat to have a set. Not for me, but for everyone
else. Big pins are better than a tiny three pin set. I still don't get the ears. Those headbands remind me
of Minnie not Mickey.
If there’s no bow in the headband then that means Mickey right? ;)

Boy . . . that's sort of disappointing that he is going to be the same designs and attractions. When I saw the start of the thread I thought it might mean some cool different attractions . . . but this would be rather dull, I'd think. Ah, well . . . at least I don't have plans for all the hype. We had to give up on Minnie, even though Sis really wanted them. The website buying was so terrible! Are these going to be the same LR as the Minnie?

I don’t fault the frustrations toward this series because there are SO many attractions at Disney to love, but I’ll probably still be watching this Mickey series due to my adoration of the guy :D

I cherry picked in Minnie Main Attractions so I’ll probably do the same here. I can see where Disney might have thought it was a cute take to have this be like an add on to the Minnie one. That Mickey can match the Minnie scheme and they can be a pair on the pin page together- they don’t have to be single riders so to speak.

But my biggest complaint and has been for the Covid era of Disney Store month to month releases is the inconsistency. The castles was a year series that I think has lasted two if my memory serves me… and unfinished. Minnie series limped to the end. Stitch, same I think? So it makes it very hard to be excited. I think making Mickey a whole year journey two years after Minnie was not the best timing decision but I suppose that has to do with pandemic issues more than purposed timing =\

ETA : Rather than making it a monthly thing it could have been just a ‘Completist MMMA’ tagline and put out as surprise Disney Store releases. They share the same initials!

Back