• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2023 Limited Edition Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOLLS 2023 Limited Edition Dolls
Mulan is very pretty but so not worth the $150 they're going to ask for. There's hardly any detail. Also, why is her face so serious? With her gaze and pose, I feel like she's going to stab me lol

Mulan is very pretty but so not worth the $150 they're going to ask for. There's hardly any detail. Also, why is her face so serious? With her gaze and pose, I feel like she's going to stab me lol
Agreed. I understand she's part warrior, but I don't really care for the serious face either. A neutral expression would have been better. Or she could just have a little smile. And I really like the 2018 doll better still. This is her iconic dress, but I feel like it's not as interesting as the 2018 doll dress. They did such a good job on that doll, it's hard to beat.

But for anyone who did not get the 2018 doll and would like this one, I think she'd be a great part of anyone's collection still.

I was hoping for warrior Mulan or even her green dress instead of her pink dress again, but alas. I’m not really into the pink dress in general (Mulan doesn’t like it or enjoy wearing it in canon, so it’s weird to see it merchandised so much though I get why as it’s the most ‘pretty princess’ thing she wears) and in this case, I kinda prefer the other interpretations of the dress anyway. Like the 12 in Fairytale designer version. Or even the original designer doll (tho that’s very stylized).

Anyway all this to say I’m solidly skipping her unfortunately

April 28 2023
9am PT

Designer: Carina Bilz
$150

More photos -> https://creations.mattel.com/pages/...v714lQLwJcKuMTljwRClGDQp15gxOPihjViBYo.RbzuTn

IMG-5607.webp

I love Maleficent. She's one of my favorite characters to collect, and I like this doll quite a bit, but not for $150 at that quality. I was tempted but dampened that by buying a couple of other dolls. I'd have bought this doll if she was even $100, but Mattel Creations is out of control with their pricing.

That said, I hope anyone who wants her and doesn't have a problem with the pricing is able to get her and enjoy her.

I love Maleficent. She's one of my favorite characters to collect, and I like this doll quite a bit, but not for $150 at that quality. I was tempted but dampened that by buying a couple of other dolls. I'd have bought this doll if she was even $100, but Mattel Creations is out of control with their pricing.

That said, I hope anyone who wants her and doesn't have a problem with the pricing is able to get her and enjoy her.
Honestly when I first saw the doll preview I didn’t expect it to be that much. Thought maybe $50-$75 so it shocked me a bit to see the $150 tag.

Is there any information on an LE live action Ariel doll yet? Anyone heard anything at all?

I think LE Ariel is absolutely gorgeous - I can’t wait to get her! The videos posted show how sparkly and iridescent everything is on her costume. Hope we get a release date soon.

I got mine! This Ariel’s tail is far and away the prettiest of all the Ariel dolls and I love the accessories and her hair. I really like her, but people have been complaining about these dolls from the beginning so I’m not surprised that she’s getting complaints (not really talking about any one complaint, just in general). I remember everyone hating on that old Ariel with the scalloped tail and now she’s worth a ton. The dolls price went up with inflation. It’s unfortunate but these dolls are never going back to the old price points and it wouldn’t make sense for them to either.

I got mine! This Ariel’s tail is far and away the prettiest of all the Ariel dolls and I love the accessories and her hair. I really like her, but people have been complaining about these dolls from the beginning so I’m not surprised that she’s getting hated on. I remember everyone hating on that old Ariel with the scalloped tail and now she’s worth a ton. The dolls price went up with inflation. It’s unfortunate but these dolls are never going back to the old price points and it wouldn’t make sense for them to either.
i really want her, but holding off till i get paid again. hopefully she doesnt sell out.

I don't believe ShopDisney doll prices went up with inflation. How can Disney afford to sell a doll for $150 and then a month later drop her to $70? Feels more like gouging when you pay full price right away, then see other prices they are also willing to take for a doll. The prices have steadily climbed since the designers released in 2011. And up until the 2021 designer dolls that took over a year to leave ShopDisney website, they were selling out mostly the same day. Now Disney has dialed back the edition numbers, but they want to keep the high price they have risen to. It's as simple as that. Ariel didn't sell out in a day, perhaps that is a cause/effect of inflation as people don't have the extra money....but the extras you get in an LE doll and the rising prices is not a "we are so sorry customers, but what can we do - inflation". No, they've seen eBay and aftermarket sales over they years - they think they can do this because in the past people pay more for a sold out doll. How about Disney+ which has lost over 2 mil subscribers and well over a BILLION dollars as of Q4 last year. I would guess any increase in a Disney price of anything, would be them trying make up for those projected numbers.
Ariel is pretty...like her face a lot, outfit nice but not $150 nice. - I say still treat these dolls like the last designers - wait and watch for the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back