• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #5 pin 58189: Pirates of the Caribbean The Black Pearl Super Jumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #5 pin 58189: Pirates of the Caribbean The Black Pearl Super Jumbo

disneypirate

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
For thosethat are just joining, I am running a series of 24 hour auctions featuringdifferent pins from my collection. My primary goal, as in any auction, is totrade pins from my collection that don't fit into any of the themes I collectto those that do. Along the way I decided to put a spin on the auctionprocess and include a bit of fun. Encoded within the messages that I post areclues regarding "mystery" pins that I will auction off randomly. Byknowing the clues you will be better prepared to know what to bid on theauction so you can win. This is a good thing as the mystery pins tend to be abit better than what you might expect.

For auction #5 I am offering up

Pin 58189: WDW - Pirates of the Caribbean - The Black Pearl - Super Jumbo
pin58189th72
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=58189&sid=4508.1342767496.v2

So what does this pin have to do with the mystery pin? Nothing. It is just kind of silly to have somebody with the screen name of disneypirate not to have a pirate pin auction. This pin is MASSIVE! There is also
bonus that goes along with this pin. The winner gets a detailed description of ALL of the clues I have left so far, plus they also get to choose a bonus pin:

pin88680th72

This auction will close at 9 pm PST, 12 am EST July 20.

Pins that I am NOT looking for:
Anything with Stitch in it
Hidden Mickey pins
Open edition pins
Pins that have an up-side-down ratio (i.e. it has more people trading than wanting)
Pin trading starter kits
Quantity traders

Pins that I AM looking for
Pins on my wants list
TRAINS, especially those on my wants list, but no Casey Jr.
Vinylmations (Especially park 9. These can be purchased on Disneyshopping.comif needed)
Jessica, Maleficent, Tinkerbell, Ariel, HHG and Haunted Mansion
Some older Disney Auction and Disney Shopping, especially with thecharacters mentioned above
Current or upcoming WDW, DL, DSF and WDI LE pins, especially PODM
An occasional pirate pin I don't have, but that doesn't happen too often asIhave lots and lots of them
Creativity in the bid also helps a bit

The winner of each auction also receives a bonus clue, so participating in eachauction may be of a significant benefit. Additionally, the way you bid awardsyou points that may be of some future benefit.
Point leaders:

4 auctions
Combatdre
HandA
amysweppe
Crashmyparty

3 auctions

Vixy
Mickeymouseje:hsd:

2 auctions
dlakersrnumba1

D
ieharddonald2
Pinnewbie:hsd:

1 auction
Fries440:hsd:
Lady Dobbins:hsd:
Lucan444
zoelovespins
talesoftobv
princessbecky
malafide
wyllieam
mmiano
2spongey6
Jlynne6
Echoharmony
Dis22
Rubyslipperedgoddess

Happy Bidding and Good Luck

Disneypirate

8453: 100 Years of Magic - Peter Pan 1953 (Tinker Bell)
183: DL - 1998 Attraction Series - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
74450: WDW - Space Mountain 35th Anniversary
58249: WDW - Happy Holidays 2007 - Contemporary Resort (Tinker Bell)

Well clearly the nice guy approach offering gold and rum didn't work. I'll take the drunk and the fairy and we'll have a good time without you. (don't say that too fast or you'll get a drunken fairy, which is a whole different party)

In the meantime, may Maleficent strike you down with her lightning ... Feel the wrath!!! :p
pin35095

Pin 35095: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Maleficent with Lightning

And to give you a fighting chance, I'll also toss in these big floppy ears for you to hide behind ...

pin90902

Pin 90902: WDW - Disney Pin Trading Night 2012 - Dumbo

(both on cards)

Last edited:
Wow... your really putting up a pretty nice pin for the pirate collector there.

Pin 83849: DSF - Disney Cats - Prince John & King Leonidas

Pin 86311: DLR - Mickey's Halloween Party 2011 - Logo

Daren, just for the record-- are you still comfortable with bids of pins that aren't in hand? I ask because there's been some discussion about that lately, and some people aren't. I'm of two minds about it, but just about everything I can think of to bid in this one is something I've bought but not received yet.

Pin 89172: WDW - Epcot® Flower and Garden Festival 2012 - Tinker Bell
Pin 58837: WDW - Disney Carousel - Mystery Tin Collection - Pluto and Genie Only

Since this is a bit bigger item up for bid I will go ahead and allow stitch pins to be part of your bid...but they have to be good stitch pins such as DCL, WDI and DSF. Also, I have added a few more pins to my wants list.

Leaderboard:
It is a toss-up between HandA and talesoftobv with dieharddonald2 running in second.

Disneypirate

(If my bosses knew how much time I spend at work deciding on these...)

"Oh Flounder! It's a lovely day on the ocean, isn't it?"

"Uh oh, Ariel... someone's coming, and she doesn't look friendly!"

"Oh no! It's Maleficent! What will we do?"

"Woohoohoohoo! I'll save you!" "Have no fear! I'll save you!" "Arf! Arf arf arf! Arf!" **

** "Don't be ridiculous! I'LL save y-- SQUIRREL!"

But sail though they might with all their will and cunning, our would-be heroes cannot arrive in time! Only one ship on the seven seas is fast enough to save Ariel and Flounder from certain doom in Maleficent's clutches...

THE BLACK PEARL!

Will the Pearl come to Ariel and Flounder's rescue? Will she save them?

STAY TUNED!

Vixy, that is your most creative one yet.

Leaderboard update:

Running tie is now with Vixy, HandA and Talesoftobv. Two receive bonus points for creativity and one for having a train.

Disneypirate

Adding to my bid...

Ladies and gentlemen, there will be a short intermission.

o/~ Let's go out to the lobby, let's go out to the lobby, let's go out to the lobby, and have ourselves a snack! o/~

"Hello everyone! I'm Alice! Wouldn't you like to enjoy a delicious ice cream sundae at our concession stand? Hurry out to the lobby for a veritable Wonderland of tasty treats-- good enough to lose your head over!"

o/~ Let's go out to the lobby, let's go out to the lobby, let's go out to the lobby, and have ourselves a snack! o/~

AND NOW... Act II of our gripping drama! Will the Black Pearl come to the rescue of our heroes? Or will they be forever... lost at sea?

Well clearly the nice guy approach offering gold and rum didn't work. I'll take the drunk and the fairy and we'll have a good time without you. (don't say that too fast or you'll get a drunken fairy, which is a whole different party)

In the meantime, may Maleficent strike you down with her lightning ... Feel the wrath!!! :p
pin35095

Pin 35095: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Maleficent with Lightning

And to give you a fighting chance, I'll also toss in these big floppy ears for you to hide behind ...

pin90902

Pin 90902: WDW - Disney Pin Trading Night 2012 - Dumbo

(both on cards)
You know what they say ... if two ears will work, four will work better. Most importantly, I give you the ultimate distraction to escape from Maleficent's fury .... the backside of water.

pin90790

Pin 90790: WDW - Attraction Posters - Jungle Cruise

(all three on cards)

Last edited:
Now that I have a connection again I can declare a winner. This one was tough to call. I could not use creativity as a tie breaker because both HandA and Vixy had super creative bids, and both of you offered pins I want. However, in the end Alice gives Vixy the win. I just love that pin!

Congratulations Vixy.

HandA, I think I'm gonna have to have a tie breaker with you and Combatdre for the most losses prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back