• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Most Mysterious Zap!

ZAPPED! A Most Mysterious Zap!

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
I got zapped with a most mysterious package!

tumblr_lueo600QrT1qfdwsio1_500.gif

The package actually arrived on my house two days ago, but I was at Disneyland all day Thursday, and hanging out with my best friend most of yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to open it until last night...

mysteriouszap01_zpsd0648808-1_zps0bccc417.jpg

The first thing I see is the return address, which says "Not-so-Secret Valentines Day," followed by my own address.
This confused the heck outta me, since I didn't join in on the the Not-so-Secret Valentines Day exchange.

Here is the other side of the packaging...

mysteriouszap03_zpse1226af3.jpg

Inside the package, I found these adorable Valentines with a very sweet note scrawled across the back...

mysteriouszap05_zpsae702145.jpg

mysteriouszap06_zpsf7b67ff3.jpg

And a little deeper inside the package, I found this very curious piece of paper...

mysteriouszap02_zps830b239b.jpg

alice_tenniel_curiouser_zps90a555c9.jpg

That's when I began to open the zaps themselves, which were wrapped up individually with bubble wrap and LOTS of tape...
It took quite a while! But that was all part of the fun. The whole time I was wondering what on earth could be inside!

I regret I did not take any pictures of the "Before" but here's the "After":

mysteriouszap04_zps3bf9c34d.jpg

Aren't they adorable?! I think I love the Valentine's Day pin best of all. <3
I also got a cute little Holiday-themed notepad.

(I would have taken a pic of that too, but my BFF stole it away for scrapbooking purposes!) :)

tumblr_md170i3BrZ1rbubvlo2_500.gif

So, of course, after I opened all the pins, I had to go back to the packaging for clues...

But these were the only things I saw that were out of place:

01. The letters "addc" written on the side of the package. The letter "C" looks to be underlined.
02. My house's unit number (A) was also underlined.
03. The word "Zap" was spelled with two "P"s instead of one.
04. The letters "n" and maybe "i" were underlined in the words "Careful opening."
05. There is a definite space between "Do" and "n't" where it says "Don't you just love being zapped!"

Put them all together and CAPNI? ... CAPIN? ... PINCA? ... PANIC?

I know Psycho Pixie. is there a member named Panic?
MICKEY_zps9b253f39.jpg

Thats when I noticed that the postmark is from Indiana... And the only DPF member I know of who lives in Indiana (I think!) is Judy (TiggerMickey), who is legendary for her wrapping skills. It would make sense if it were from her, as each of my pins were wrapped up with enough tape and bubble wrap to survive a nuclear bomb. But I'm still not sure...

Who sent this? Was it you?

tumblr_mclywxI6zq1r3x8h4o1_500.gif

Please come forward so I can thank you properly! :)

I'm not brilliant enough to figure out the clues you left behind.​

Last edited:
Yippee,yahooeeee,you got it,I was scared that it would not arrive in time for the holiday,so as you can see I did indeed send it to you,I could not let a great dpf member behind on the exchange,even though you did not join in does not mean you could not recieve..lol...so glad you like it and thanks for being part of dpf,I had so much fun wrapping everything.
enjoy,Judy

Congrats!! Very nice zaps! As soon as you said it was wrapped in twenty layers of wrapping, I immediately thought of Tiggermickey. LOL. That was very sweet of her to think of you :0)

Back