• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A thank you and an update!

ZAPPED! A thank you and an update!

Zagales14

Duke Alex, Master Zapper
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
DPF Family:

First of all, Hi! It’s been a while! As I’m sure you all noticed quite a while ago, I’ve been absent from DPF for some time, and I think I owe you all a little update as to why I’ve gone, and what I’ve done.

As I’m sure many of you know, I’m an attorney. While I was frequently here, I was working for a firm that groomed me from before I’d even gone to law school. I worked for that firm through the final portion of my Bachelor’s Degree, then through my Juris Doctor and the Bar Exam, and finally, for a while after getting my license.

After working with them for a while, a very lucrative offer was proposed to me by another law firm. I did my due diligence, and everything appeared to be great, so I decided to join another firm. The firm I was initially with was disappointed that I left, and the heartbreak still lingers, but nobody looks out for you but yourself (an unfortunate reality). Nonetheless, I was happy for some time, until I noticed some shady things that I will not get into… and so I decided not to put my license at risk, and left the firm to take on the greatest journey of my professional life thus far — starting my own firm.

I did not have a clue how much work would go into this process, but to say it is overwhelming and stressful is an understatement. However, it is also incredibly rewarding, and after surpassing initial obstacles, once the ball gets rolling, it gets easier. The amount of work is insane, and it’s not just legal, but administrative, and managerial — and far more complex than I’d ever expected.

My free time - gone. The little bit of time I have I dedicate to spending with my son and wife, and occasionally, with family. And so the other hobbies had to be temporarily cut off.

The unfortunate reality is that this was one of those hobbies. And so — that explains my absence. While I will not be active as I once was for a while, I will now be lingering and making the occasional comment again. Upon his request, I have passed ownership of 52 Weeks of Zapping to David, who I’m sure will only improve the concept with better ideas, and greater rewards.

In fact, he started to do so already, and Bruna and I have first hand knowledge of this — because, well, he zapped us first!!

I always state that zaps are surprising, because that’s their intention, right? But this was extremely surprising because since my inactivity, I haven’t been expecting ANY pin mail. So to even see a package in the mail was unusual.

And a great pin at that, a pin that eluded us quite a bit while we were actively trading!

Thank you, David and Amy for always thinking of us, and thank you to that/all those DPF members that may have nominated us for a zap!

I look forward to rejoining DPF and chatting with you all some more again!

IMG_2391_zpsdqa9jcit.jpg

Love it. David's note just makes it. Congrats to you on your zap and the exciting new chapter in your life! Do drop in and say hi when you can (and tell Bruna the same!). We'd love to see you guys, even if it can only be once in a while.

Alex has said it more eloquently than I likely ever could, but again, THANK YOU David and Amy and thank you DPF family for the nomination and for the positive thoughts and good wishes sent our way. While Alex has been embarking on this stressful but rewarding journey of his career, I have been extremely busy at school and work. Neither one of us has had much time to dedicate to the pin hobby, but we will be sure to drop by and say hey a little more often. Again, thank you guys for thinking of us! :) :)

Alex and Bruna, I was thrilled to be able to send that to you both. You have been an amazing part of our family and I am thrilled you have found your true calling. We are happy to see you around any chance we get. Please remember, just because you are not seen around as often, you are most certainly not forgotten!!!

I'm happy to hear you were the first zap - No one deserves it more. :bigthumb:

Best of luck with your new endeavors! We've missed you here on the forum but we're all rooting for you. :)

P.S. Way to go, David!

Congrats, Alex! What a great pin. I know you will be successful In whatever you do. When you become the Attorney General, I will get to say I once traded pins with you!

Congrats on your ZAP, and congrats on your new business! It takes guts to go out on your own, so you and your wife need to give each other simultaneous pats on the back! :bigthumb:

Wow. You have been a busy guy. Congratulations on starting your own firm. I can only imagine how much work is involved but once the dust settles, your hard work will pay off. Your family comes first so I totally understand spending your free time with them. Good luck my friend!!

Back