• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice for a newbie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice for a newbie??

brookegreene22

It all started with a mouse
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
So for the past two days, I've already met some great people on here who have helped me a great deal! Sorry if I seem to be asking so many questions, but all of this is still so new to me! Here's a few questions that have cropped up and I'm hoping for some expert advise!

1) Using pinpics, I've found the majority of my pins with the exception of two..one I believe to be fake and the other I'm not sure. I've marked all of the ones I "want" and the ones I "own"..etc. How do I get them to be shown here, like I see on other profiles?

2) I've read a lot of the advice for newbies on here and have learned so much already. I have a few pins that go with a group and then others that go with a series? For example, I have several of the 10th year anniversary pins that match a set but then that set is part of an entire series? What's more important to collect?? The full series, or just the set?

Thank you in advance to everyone for being so great. I must say, when I started this a year ago with my son, I had no idea how swept up I'd be! My husband is starting to think I've lost....LOL!

hey brooke,

ok first off your wants and haves as well as your trades are visible in the little blue links on the side of the page under your name<for that matter all of ours are unless turned off on settings page.
Second the section titled help desk or rules and guides has most of the info you need<I assume you are refering to pins listed in signature in bottom of posts>
My advice is collect what you want!! Pin collecting is a form of art appreciation, no one can tell you what is or isnt good except you!! Collect the pins or series as you see fit!! I personally collect by character so some characters while Villians<my forte> are not in my collection at all, in fact as the collection grows so it changes,Once I wanted all the Villlians, then either difficulty in obtaining, or shear boredom has caused me to reduce it to just the ones that inspired/scared me!!
If you complete a set it is because you want them all not for any other reason<unless you have compulsions to complete everything in which case I have a few yard chores I would love to discuss with you!!> Some pins will be automatic must haves, some will be ehhh???, and some no ways.. Completeing a set or series is entirely up to you!!!!
As for the pins you have that you are unsure of, post a pic!!! Everyone here has the disease just as you do, some of us see alot of pins, so we may know it on site, others of us are reference junkies and can find Jimmy hoffa if we just decided we wanted to look for him, so finding your pin for you is a snap!!!
Does that help any?

Thank you! Yes, it does help! I think for the ones I see a series for, I will try and collect those. For others that I don't see a series, I will collect in the set.

I appreciate everyone being so friendly, especially to someone who's so new to everything. Everyone here seems to much more advanced!!

I was in your shoes not to long ago. Just take some time and browse around the forum a little and you'll pick up everything pretty fast. Welcome to the forum.

Brooke,
I joined this forum only one month ago, and I already need rehab. My boys and I have been collecting and trading for about 3 years, and we all have our favorites. It will be impossible (unless you are a member of the Gates family) to collect everything from a genre, whether it is a character, a hotel, or a ride. I, too, would recommend sticking to things you like and go for it. On occasion, we change our likes and decide to trade out some of what we collected. It really is a great way to enjoy the whole Disney experience more (and take it home with you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back