• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
haahah find someone that looks like me! lol

I think Stitch is already in the park (LOL). Since no one knows what you look like you could just send anyone who is the same build and height. I look NOTHING like my drivers license or bank card. So who is going to know?

I think Stitch is already in the park (LOL). Since no one knows what you look like you could just send anyone who is the same build and height. I look NOTHING like my drivers license or bank card. So who is going to know?

LOl very true! lol im 5'5 170lbs lol. hahha You called me stitch hahaahahah Well, if you go into my profile there is a picture of mahself! lol Pm me anyone ;)
If this can be done lol, besides it being super awesome, i just need a few pins and then the rest are yours to take lol At price :p

Last edited:
LOl very true! lol im 5'5 170lbs lol. hahha You called me stitch hahaahahah Well, if you go into my profile there is a picture of mahself! lol Pm me anyone ;)

I'm 5'10 but roughly the same weight...think they would overlook that I'm a girl? :lol:

I don't understand why you need to be there in person. If Disney makes there money why should they care, hell they could even make more by charging some sort of handling fee in addition to shipping charges. It also means they would sell out, granted they probably will anyway, but if people could call in that couldn't go for whatever reason they'd be gone in minutes. It's just another example of how I don't think Disney puts it's guests first.

If they didn't require people to show up in person, the allocated amount would be gobbled up by even more sellers. You can get a lot of people to sign up for you, to increase your chances a lot of getting what you want. But in reality, since everyone will be doing the same thing, your chances might even go down.

Making people show up does cut down on the number of people who would register a lot of people or those who just want to register for the fun of it to see what they might get.

I heard that the Charlie Sheen shows in New York Radio City Music Hall sold out in just a few minutes. It turns out that the majority of the tickets were bought by ticket brokers and scalpers, and now they are realizing that there isn't that much of a demand. The ticket brokers and scalpers all speculated that they were going to be able to make a killing! LOL!

If Disney didn't care about their guests at all, they would just sell them all online first come first served with no quantity limits. Or they could just let everyone line up first come first serve and not worry about line cutting or saving places in line. That would be the easiest way to make the most money.

I heard that the Charlie Sheen shows in New York Radio City Music Hall sold out in just a few minutes. It turns out that the majority of the tickets were bought by ticket brokers and scalpers, and now they are realizing that there isn't that much of a demand. The ticket brokers and scalpers all speculated that they were going to be able to make a killing! LOL!

Hi-LAR-ious!!!

RealPinCollector,

I think you misunderstood my meaning. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have required reservations, but rather that people who could not make it in person could still buy the pins that they were allotted in the drawing. Therefore everyone who got a spot could get their pins as well as dramatically reducing the line, which is really only a headache for Disney and quite often disrupts the pleasure of the guests who are not involved in the event.

And Disney doesn't regulate the line enough to prevent line cutting and saving. I've been in enough of their lines to witness both and unless other guests and sometimes not even then, say something they don't do anything about it.

Also was I the only one who had problems posting this afternoon? I couldn't respond to posts or reply to PMs.

I think what RealPinCollector was saying is that if they let you buy them online then people could just register multiple times. They can't check ID to make sure it is really you if they did it online. People could just make up a bunch of fake names and register them all.

As far as the line goes, I think it'll be better than they Vinylmation releases since they'll have a little more control inside the park than in Downtown Disney, but I can still imagine it not going smoothly. I wish they would go hire the women who worked at the Coach outlet after-Christmas sale. I went to that with my mom and was so impressed at how they handled that line.

And besides, with having the in park release, folks will have to pay for hotels, park admission, and food while in the park. They want to make profits in more ways than the obvious. If it were to be an online release, it would just be another DS.com release and we'd all be sitting here on a random Sunday night. Though, I wouldn't frown upon some DS.com releases like this!

Not so much an online release, but maybe call in your order. I don't know, I'm just not a fan of exclusivity. I don't like LEs and if it were up to me everyone would have access to every pin. I know that is blasphemy to many of you, but that's how I feel. Unfortunately that's not how it is, so I have to trade my pins just like everyone else and value each one differently if I ever hope to get some of my HGs. To me it's the beauty of a pin that I'm drawn to, not the rarity of it.

The problem with registering a fake name is that if you get chosen you only have one name that's on your credit cards. How are you going to explain that to Disney.
Prepaid debit/credit cards,they come in values of 25,50,100 and also ones that can be filled to whatever amount you wish up to 500.These are sold at grocery and convenience stores,and registering them for online use only requires you to have internet access.They don't check anything,so someone could register one with whatever name won.

OK, in regards to the online thingy. If you are a passholder (and you should have to be to register for events) you would have to enter your passholder ID number off your pass. This is what they do at the Florida Project so this prevents registering more than once. They track the numbers and I know they can because one year I forgot I registered and tried to register again and they said my pass has already be registered. I felt kinda dumb for forgetting, but I wasn't feeling well. So If they used your pass, DL# and name there would be no way to multiple register. If you have an annual pass for WDW this is how it works. I'm guessing that DLR is the same. So, the DL#, CC# and pass would all have to match up to enter the drawing. I think that's why WDW's event registers so early. I broke my foot one time and couldn't go and they mailed me my merchandise. You miss getting the early bird gift, dessert gift and good-bye gift, but otherwise it's fair. Maybe DLR could do something like that. Just a suggestion.

OK, in regards to the online thingy. If you are a passholder (and you should have to be to register for events) you would have to enter your passholder ID number off your pass.

Are you saying that someone who is not an annual passholder should not be able to attend pin events? If not, please explain.

If so that is ridiculous. If I want to travel to a park for a pin event and pay for hotel and park tickets to attend an event, I should be able to. Just because I do not live close enough to a park to make having an Annual Pass a good economical choice, I should not be discriminated against.

I think what RealPinCollector was saying is that if they let you buy them online then people could just register multiple times. They can't check ID to make sure it is really you if they did it online. People could just make up a bunch of fake names and register them all.

It doesn't even require fake names, which I think is what also Real Collector was saying. If they would allow sales to people not able to pick up in person, I would have registered, my husband, my mother, my father. I have several pin friends who don't collect Alice who would have happily registered on my behalf. If each person planning to show up had 10 people online willing to do it, and then add in all the people who couldn't sign up and their 10 people...instead of maybe 800 people competing for 500 spots, like it is now, you'll have a couple thousand, making it less likely for someone to get what they wanted.

Originally posted by Melonballer
Are you saying that someone who is not an annual passholder should not be able to attend pin events? If not, please explain.

From what I understand about what she wrote is that if you have a pass, then you have to put it down. This makes is so that people are not putting in multiple entries. It keeps track of the Pass# that you inputed so you can't make more than one entry. I think that is what she meant.

But of course you can sign up and go if you don't have a pass. That would be better for Disney for sure because they get more money.

I feel you :( I was really excited for this event. I just moved out here from Los Angeles. I even told myself and told some members, If I can go, Ill get the pins I want and i'll the rest you guys can ask for. Just let me know what you want and pay me for the pins in advance. No price hike, no nothing. If im going, im paying for the entrance, im paying for the gas and im paying for the hotel. The rest i would do out of kindness. I do it because I would hope people would do it upon others. It's just sad for me to see $16 pins being sold for $50, $60 before they even come out. But to each his own.

oh yeah...btw..if anyone can help me, let me know :) I'll throw in a pin for your troubles. :)

Been trying to reach you for two days now to respond to your PM to me with regard to Alice pins. There may possibly have been some trouble with the DPF sight yesterday -- hoping you read this and respond - - I am holding the pins that you requested yesterday for you. Please PM me or e-mail me at jacqueline.hahn@ey.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

If so that is ridiculous. If I want to travel to a park for a pin event and pay for hotel and park tickets to attend an event, I should be able to. Just because I do not live close enough to a park to make having an Annual Pass a good economical choice, I should not be discriminated against.

You took what I meant and miscontrued it. Doesn't everyone who gets into DLR have a pass of some type? They do here and they all have numbers. So, you enter the number and they verify you are indeed registered to be in the park that day. I'm not discriminating against anyone and I'm tired of being the scapegoat. I just mean there are ways for them to prevent fake people from registering. Geez Louise - what a crowd.

Ok that makes more sense. I certainly did not mean to make a scapegoat of you.

Still a person who does not go to the parks regularly may not have a pass when the time for registration comes around. While I doubt that many people buy their pass at the gate the day of, I would probably not purchase a pass until after I registered. I mean if I was unable to get pins (ie I was not in group 1 through 4), there would be no reason for me to go to the event.

Basically I am just saying that I do not think you should have to have a pass (annual or otherwise) to register.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back