• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
WOW!!!! Those are some EXTREMELY harsh words!! To wish someone to go extinct, and that something happens to them over A PIN!! Unbelievable. How can the hostility and negativity cease with words like that? A famous quote from Michael Jackson once was "It starts with the man in the mirror". What makes an Ebay seller any different than employers most of us work for? They are making a profit off other people. That's what makes the world go round. You dont think all the Ebay sellers are trying to make money to pay their mortgages, put food on their tables, and clothes on their backs? What would you rather them not offer the pins for us to buy? How do you expect to complete collections if there is noone offering the pins for sale. It takes a secondary market in ANY collectible to make it a collectible. Maybe some people on this board should look up the definition of hypocrite, I mean some of you go on bashing Ebay sellers, yet turn around and buy there. Not to mention some are even ebay sellers themselves!!!!

Hi I don't think you quite get it. Are you an eBay seller?
I think it's ok to let people complain. Who else do they have to turn to? No one "outside" understands us pin collectors. I feel for everyone who didn't get a wristband or what they wanted who IS an Alice collector. If I didn't get selected then I would be in the same boat and would like to vent my frustrations with those that understand me. Everyone here should calm down. It's going to be crazy that day, you can't stop it, so just do what you have to, to get those pins into COLLECTIONS. There are a lot of eBay sharks that are ruining the hobby and it's just not fair that they get the pins that the collectors want at retail price. That's all I have to say.

Thank you Gillian, couldn't have said it better myself. Be safe out there in pinland and don't get stomped in the rush for Alice:)

Thank you Gillian, couldn't have said it better myself. Be safe out there in pinland and don't get stomped in the rush for Alice:)

If only someone had a box of cookies that said "eat me" on it, to make you grow. just don't drink the "drink me" bottle, or you'll deffinitely be stomped on!

Ok I also have tried to stay OUT of this thread . . . but there is a lot of finger pointing blame going on and it is really really sad. I can't believe that a pin release causes this much stress in people's lives. Everyone had a fair chance to get these pins and now that that info has been released I can not tell u how many people have pmed me about wishing they would not have said what wave they are getting. They have been bombarded by emails - people wanting to trade, people wanting to buy, people TELLING them they dont really want the pins. It is crazy and it is ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY!!!

This community is usually full of helpful, kind, sould who ALL LOVE PINS. But this thread is not about the LOVE of pins anymore. If people are selling the pins be happy that they are available to you. If everyone kept what they were selected for the ones not picked really would end up with nothing - would that be better?

Also I think it is unfair to judge the people who are selling the pins - Everyone needs to take a step back you don't know their personal situation. What if this is a way for them to pay their rent for another month, or help them to be able to buy their kids that bike for their birthday or make sure they can put gas in their car so they can continue to job hunt or help their family with some unexpected costs. YOU NEVER KNOW! Not everyone is trying to get all they can to add to their personal stock pile! And it is wrong to assume they are. Maybe I have too much faith in people but I truly believe that not everyone in this world has a "me first" attitude. But I think it stinks that people get frustrated and automatically jump to that conclusion.

OK, enough is enough. Let's keep it pleasant on the thread and stop the bashing, name calling, accusations, jumping upon, yelling at, and everything else. This is fun for me and yes, while I'm stressed about getting the pins I wish no one on these boards any ill will. I'm an Alice collector and I know that those of you who collect other characters would feel the same way if it was your character. But let's all back up, take a deep breath, and get back to the fun of trading (and yes, sometimes buying) pins. See me - I'm smiling:) :)

I think it's ok to let people complain. Who else do they have to turn to? No one "outside" understands us pin collectors. I feel for everyone who didn't get a wristband or what they wanted who IS an Alice collector. If I didn't get selected then I would be in the same boat and would like to vent my frustrations with those that understand me. Everyone here should calm down. It's going to be crazy that day, you can't stop it, so just do what you have to, to get those pins into COLLECTIONS. There are a lot of eBay sharks that are ruining the hobby and it's just not fair that they get the pins that the collectors want at retail price. That's all I have to say.

Hi, no I am not an Ebay seller, although I dont know what that has to do with anything. But I do buy on Ebay and happen to enjoy it. Yes, I understand that the prices are a bit higher there sometimes, but if the Ebay sellers bought the pins and just put them in their own collections than we wouldn't have the chance to buy them at all (even at the higher prices). I also feel bad for all the collectors that missed out on the wristbands, along with myself. So I am a bit happy to see them on ebay so I do have a chance to get them. I know I am new to the boards, but I was just apalled at how so many people look down on Ebay. That's all.

Ok I also have tried to stay OUT of this thread . . . but there is a lot of finger pointing blame going on and it is really really sad. I can't believe that a pin release causes this much stress in people's lives. Everyone had a fair chance to get these pins and now that that info has been released I can not tell u how many people have pmed me about wishing they would not have said what wave they are getting. They have been bombarded by emails - people wanting to trade, people wanting to buy, people TELLING them they dont really want the pins. It is crazy and it is ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY!!!

This community is usually full of helpful, kind, sould who ALL LOVE PINS. But this thread is not about the LOVE of pins anymore. If people are selling the pins be happy that they are available to you. If everyone kept what they were selected for the ones not picked really would end up with nothing - would that be better?

Also I think it is unfair to judge the people who are selling the pins - Everyone needs to take a step back you don't know their personal situation. What if this is a way for them to pay their rent for another month, or help them to be able to buy their kids that bike for their birthday or make sure they can put gas in their car so they can continue to job hunt or help their family with some unexpected costs. YOU NEVER KNOW! Not everyone is trying to get all they can to add to their personal stock pile! And it is wrong to assume they are. Maybe I have too much faith in people but I truly believe that not everyone in this world has a "me first" attitude. But I think it stinks that people get frustrated and automatically jump to that conclusion.

RIGHT ON!!! You could Not have said it Better :)

OK, I know you are new but what part of enough is enough did you miss? Let's everyone settle down and get back to the fun part. Like where everyone is going to send me Mystery pins:) So everyone - SMILE. :lol::lol::p:lol::lol::x:

:lol:Yea!!! I love pins too! Let's have a pin party, with hats and cake and balloons:) Wow fun for all. Can we come to your house???? Just joking. But a pin party would be fun. I'll have to mull that over in my tiny pea brain and see what pops out. Smile and the world smiles with you. Cry and you cry alone. That was a song many years ago. But it's true - so here I am again - SMILING :lol::hs::lol::wavey::x::rofl::bigthumb:

pin51484

Like JJ, I have tried to calm this thread numerous times. Differences of opinions are one thing; the internet thrives on the exchange of viewpoints and, the truth is, if two (or more) people agree all the time, at least one of them has stopped thinking.

The problem is that instead of respectfully exchanging ideas, you are personally attacking each other ... and that's not right, nor is that acceptable. At a certain point, this thread took a turn for the personal attack and has been going downhill ever since. Several of us have been trying to calm it, but it doesn't seem to be working. As I have said, this really saddens me because it is indicative of a great many things, including the state of pin trading both in general and here in this community. However, not only are personal attacks not acceptable and this thread bordering on out of hand, but I believe they are against TOU here. If this continues, I believe the moderators will close down this thread on these grounds.

Against me? Why me? If the mods want to close it down it's OK with me. Don't get mad at me. I just wanted the pins and frame. I like to trade and I try to be generous with everyone I trade with. So if you think that I'm the problem, I'll just stop posting.

After reading everything here, I just wanted to ask some questions.

I am the BIGGEST Alice collector here. No one NEEDS these pins more than I do. I got everyone I could to put in for the RSP just in case, but I still didn't get the framed set.:cry::cry::cry: I got a lot of other groups, but not group one. :cry::cry::cry:

Where does the begging line start? :bowdown:

What time should I get in line for the 1:00 sale of the remaining pins? Anyone going to be camping out? :anxious:

I don't want to have to pay too much on ebay, but since I MUST have the framed set, I guess I'll have to pay the asking price if I don't get one at 1:00. Will the prices go up or down on ebay after 1:00? I'm hoping that if I don't get a frame at 1:00, at least the people that do will put them on ebay and maybe the asking prices will have to come down.

Against me? Why me? If the mods want to close it down it's OK with me. Don't get mad at me. I just wanted the pins and frame. I like to trade and I try to be generous with everyone I trade with. So if you think that I'm the problem, I'll just stop posting.

Margaret, I'm not mad at you or against you. I know that you just wanted to start a fun thread where we could share information about what we had hoped would be an exciting Alice event and, just maybe, set up some trades to help each other out so the pins could find their way to collectors instead of resellers. I wish more than anything that this is what happened. In an ideal world, all I want is my Cheshire Cat pins and the frame set ... and a venue where I can make arrangements so I can get what I want ... not that this is likely to happen, now. I had such high hopes for this being a fun event, but now all I am is very saddened by what an incredible fiasco this release has turned into ... and the actual pin release doesn't happen for another 5 days.

This fiasco didn't happen because of just one person and there is no need for you to stop posting. This happened because of everyone feeding into the hysteria, the hysteria becoming a panic ... and when the results of the RSP came out, things turned downright ugly.

I'm sure that the actual pin release will be fine for those with wristbands. But for the second chance line ... ? I can only imagine what the tension level will be like and I'm not looking forward to waiting in it on Saturday. The only way it will be bearable is if we, as collectors, decide to come together and make it so. This release will be as good, or as bad, as we make it. Disney only can manage it to the best of their ability. The quality of the release is up to us.

Thanks for that. I get so upset when people are mad at me. I agree the RSP got very ugly very fast and I'm so sorry about that. Five days is a long time and if I didn't already have things lined up well in advance I'd be a basket case by now. I wish I could help you out on the frame, but my deal fell apart and I'm now looking at the other options. (me sobbing) But someone came through just now and I'm back in the game. But man, those Mystery Pins are elusive:) Maybe after the event things will settle down. Good luck Saturday and don't get stomped in the mad rush.

In an ideal world, all I want is my Cheshire Cat pins and the frame set.

I'm sure that the actual pin release will be fine for those with wristbands. But for the second chance line ... ? I can only imagine what the tension level will be like and I'm not looking forward to waiting in it on Saturday.

All I want is the framed set too! I got all the others I needed. What time you going for the second chance line? I have to ge there before you! LOL!

There was a post of eBay selling the door knob pin for $99. I sent them and email and told them they were sharks and I hope that something happened to them and they couldn't go. I think it's terrible to see someone take advantage of others in this situation. How cold-hearted and ruthless can some people be? She's a velociraptor who is fast and kills everything in it's path. Too bad she didn't to be extinct too.
WOW!!!! Those are some EXTREMELY harsh words!! To wish someone to go extinct, and that something happens to them over A PIN!! Unbelievable. How can the hostility and negativity cease with words like that? A famous quote from Michael Jackson once was "It starts with the man in the mirror". What makes an Ebay seller any different than employers most of us work for? They are making a profit off other people. That's what makes the world go round. You dont think all the Ebay sellers are trying to make money to pay their mortgages, put food on their tables, and clothes on their backs? What would you rather them not offer the pins for us to buy? How do you expect to complete collections if there is noone offering the pins for sale. It takes a secondary market in ANY collectible to make it a collectible. Maybe some people on this board should look up the definition of hypocrite, I mean some of you go on bashing Ebay sellers, yet turn around and buy there. Not to mention some are even ebay sellers themselves!!!!

I am shocked here at the amount of hate being displayed and the sense of entitlement. As if collectors are in any way more deserving of a pin that ANYONE else. Could be a new trader trying to get some hot traders to grow their own collection faster or the eBay seller. Is anyone *REALLY* more deserving of a pin than anyone else.

Everyone should be equal and have a fair shot at pins for whatever their reason for getting the pins are. After they buy their pin, why should anyone judge them for what they do with it?

Going back to the original post, lets replace the eBay seller with a new pin trader that was going after the pins to be god traders so they can get some harder to find pins for their collection. Should someone "hope that something happened to them and they couldn't go." just based on they didn't trade that to ME.

Or how about a collector that missed out on the release, should they have hatred for the other collectors that are keeping it because it takes that many more off the secondary market or trading market and therefore makes it harder for them to get their set?

The sense of entitlement is crazy but it seems to be coming from those with the most close minded views.

Also, as far as eBay sellers go in general, I just want to state that yes, I do sell pins on eBay but I also buy pins on eBay. There are a lot of pins in my personal collection I would have never got any other way if it wasn't for eBay. Some of the prices I paid were insanely high and well over what others might consider a fair value, but the fact is that was the only way I was able to get those pins I wanted and I enjoy them. As much as people think its unfair that people are buying popular pins for eBay and local collectors missed out, it does give more people a chance to get the pins so they can enjoy them. The out of state people have more access to the pins. As far as the local who missed out on the RSP, well, thats just the way it worked out but the fact is they had an EQUAL chance at the pins which is better than those unable to make it had.

But for the second chance line ... ? I can only imagine what the tension level will be like and I'm not looking forward to waiting in it on Saturday. The only way it will be bearable is if we, as collectors, decide to come together and make it so. This release will be as good, or as bad, as we make it. Disney only can manage it to the best of their ability. The quality of the release is up to us.

Having been to many Vinylmation releases (which never use RSP or wristbands) I can imagine how bad it will be. Keep in mind that most of the people on here just want a pin for their collection while the people looking to flip the pins for a profit look upon this as their livelihood. There's usually a group of Vinylmation collectors that band together for releases to watch each others' backs. I'm hoping we can organize something like that here. On the plus side, LGM is a slightly more control environment than D-Street.

I am changing the theme of this thread so hang on.... :sad:

For those that were rejected and don't have a Premium pass.... Are you going to pay the Admission fee to stand in line for the 1PM left overs?

Where did I say attacking anyone is okay?

But do you really think that being mean to someone else in retribution for some people being mean to Patronus (which, for the record - not okay) is helpful in any way? How is this Disney magic at all?

As I said, pin collectors used to be an unbelievably supportive and positive community and all I'm seeing is more and more negativity. Call me "old" but I remember when pin people couldn't wait to go out of their way to help each other. Now I just see more and more people going out of their way to help themselves and yeah, an attitude of "tough luck" instead of "good luck" is part of that.

I wasn't saying you were. I was just saying that many sat by while she was attacked, but the moment I say "life's tough" you and others jump on me. I was merely questioning your (and the thread's) support or lack thereof for 2 extremely different degrees of posting.

As I said, I wished the best for the DPF'ers. I only said "tough luck" after all the whining and entitlement.
Maybe there's more negativity on here because there's so much more "I deserve this!"???

I'm not trying to be negative, just stating my observations.

I have a helmet - and kneepads, elbow pads and mouth guard, but I still don't have any Mystery Pins. And yeah, I should win the lotto even though I never buy tickets:) Settle down and let's get back to fun time. I understand it's an RSP and I live in Florida. I'm not upset so why should you be? I'm just working hard to get what I needed.

I wasn't upset, just generally annoyed at this thread's whining and sense of entitlement.

Cheer up everyone!
:) :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back