• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
My mom may try to get some more Mystery Boxes but I am not sure if she is allowed to? She got Tier 4 which entitles her to 2 Mystery Box Sets. I got Tier 1 and so I do not think I am allowed to get into that line for whatever is left over? I am not sure, but all I would want more of if there is any left over is more mystery box sets.
neither of you will be eligible for any more mystery boxes :(

Caligirl I was wondering the same thing. If they take your wristband when you purchase your pins how will they know you already bought pins? They're going to remember all 500 people by sight?

Ok so I am new to this idea of RSP events - but so here is my question - how do the regulate the line to know who has already bought pins that day and who hasn't??

You take a copy of your confirmation e-mail to the check-in line (most likely at the entrance to "the catacombs" (the opposite side of the building just beyond LGM) where they check your name using your ID against a check-in list and exchange the e-mail with wrist band(s) associated with the group you are in. For the after 1PM (what's left over) line, they either remember you from the earlier purchases, or if you used your annual pass to get a purchase discount I assume when they swipe it the second time, a notification comes up on the register. People like me that got a sorry letter will be lining up as early as they will let us which hopefully will be before any "cheaters" can get back in line. The check-in people should still be there, so maybe they will double check the people in line with their check-in list to make sure there aren't any doublers.

Last edited:
My email said to take your letter to the information booth in Downtown Disney . . . the one on the way from the trams to the park entrance - so it is not even in the same area! Thats why I am wondering how they are going to enforce that. But you are right that the people who are busy buying stuff cant be in two places at one time. I just was curious to know how they do that.

Not everyone who got chosen has the opportunity to purchase all of the pins available and have just as much right to get in line as those who were rejected so you can't assume that people are cheating and "doubling" up.

I know it is confusing, but since a number of the pins are LE 500, this would mean groups 1,2,3 (250 people) would be able to buy them. I'm not certain about the LE 300 pins- perhaps one each? The math works out for group 2 (50 people) to get a second one?

I know it is confusing, but since a number of the pins are LE 500, this would mean groups 1,2,3 (250 people) would be able to buy them. I'm not certain about the LE 300 pins- perhaps one each? The math works out for group 2 (50 people) to get a second one?

The LE300 pins were divided only to groups 1 and 2- that is the only difference between what group 2 can buy and what group 3 can buy. They are 2 per person so only lasted through 150 people. Now, obviously there will be leftovers if not everyone in group 1 and 2 show up, but then the people in line can buy them 2 per person.

First frame set is up on ebay now,399.99 obo :lol:
The gouging on some of these is HORRIBLE
100 for the doorknob,80 for the watch...

Regarding all the bashing of Ebay prices for the Alice in Wonderland Pins: The Alice Framed Pin Set sold yesterday morning for $270 on EBAY another one was listed for $249 with a Buy it Now of $299. I see one for sale on this board now for $375, the person selling it states "I want to undercut those prices and pass the savings along to the community here". WOW! Someone got the math backwards. I'm new to this board and must say I'm amazed at what is going on here!!!​

Another frame just sold on eBay for $375. They are killing us. I hope they get what they deserve and they get their come-uppance. It's sad they feel the need to take advantage of the situation.

Alice frame pin set

Another frame just sold on eBay for $375. They are killing us. I hope they get what they deserve and they get their come-uppance. It's sad they feel the need to take advantage of the situation.

I only see 2 that have sold, one for $270 and one for $374. Why are you not bashing the person selling this frame on this board for $375? And he states he is undercutting Ebay. At least you can say there are 2 happy buyers on Ebay.

Now, that I am back home, I can type faster. I don't blame the resellers. If someone is willing to spend $375, than the market is setting the price. Ebay sellers don't have to be generous just because Disney can't properly anticipate demand. But if I were Disney and knew that something that sold was immediately being sold for double or triple the original price, than that is telling me I am leaving money on the table. They send people to these events and can see what gets oohs & ahhs. It shouldn't be a surprise that Alice is popular. It wouldn't take much to do a little bit of additional "market research" and check Pinpics wants and owns, read the boards. I'm not sure when they bring the "upcoming pin" boards to events, that everything should have a set LE size already. Use the reaction to gauge how much to order. But that means that they would have to have artwork available earlier, which the way they are staffed now, I'm not sure is possible. It could potentially make some items more prone to counterfeit/scrapping having artwork available sooner; but that's another Disney problem.

I only see 2 that have sold, one for $270 and one for $374. Why are you not bashing the person selling this frame on this board for $375? And he states he is undercutting Ebay. At least you can say there are 2 happy buyers on Ebay.

FORUM RULES

Under no circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. It is the buyer's responsibility (not other forum members) to look for the best deal. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales.

This

I'm actually surprised at how cheap the frame is reselling. And these are pre-sales! The prices are only going to get higher from here. In regards to Disney charging more for more popular items, I disagree. They'd have to charge the same amount for pins no matter what character on it. If they sold some characters for higher amounts than other characters, it would be Disney admitting that come characters are better than others. Which they won't do. I also disagree in having higher edition sizes. Lower edition sizes is what makes this fun! Look at what's going on in the UK, higher edition sizes, and unhappy pin traders. It's obviously not the cure! Sure there's a lot of stressing and what not, but it's just how it all works. I guess now we can answer the age old question: "Mommy, where do Holy Grails come from?" Good luck to everyone trying to obtain any of these pins!

Last edited:
It's funny that 500 lucky emails have at least the boxes. NO one is trading boxes. Do all 500 people think that they are the only one who is going to finish their set???

Anyone who's traders can't trade to finish a set, pleaseake trade to finish your want list? Make this a trading hobby again.

Everyone can't hold their boxes hoping for somone else to give up theirs? You have nice traders. Please look at my traders to see if we can work something out? Some of my have list are up for trade also.

Let's chat???????????????????

It's funny that 500 lucky emails have at least the boxes. NO one is trading boxes. Do all 500 people think that they are the only one who is going to finish their set???

Anyone who's traders can't trade to finish a set, pleaseake trade to finish your want list? Make this a trading hobby again.

Everyone can't hold their boxes hoping for somone else to give up theirs? You have nice traders. Please look at my traders to see if we can work something out? Some of my have list are up for trade also.

Let's chat???????????????????

Well, out of the 500 who want a full set, there will only be 200 possible! No one is going to be offering up trades without knowing what they get first. Plus, there are no stated edition sizes for the cards (which is odd...) If there are 1000 boxes, times 2 per box, that's 2000 pins. 10 designs would make each pin an LE200. That would (out of 500 people) leave 300 without full sets. Very few will offer up closed boxes on eBay or trades without knowing if it is possible to create a full set for themselves.

I remember the doombuggy set from Summer 2008 (or 09). Each of those pins had different edition sizes and were highly sought after like this set. And then Disney decided to do their first stupid "chaser" set and put a ruby finish on 40 of them.

Could you imagine if Disney did that with 60 of the Alice cards?

Last edited:
I just finished reading this thread from around Page 8 (when people were starting to get their notification e-mails). :( I can't believe that Margaret, one of the biggest Alice fans here, didn't get into a single group. Whilst some people got into Group 1 that may not even be able to go. It's just awful.

I've had the 3 Cheshire pins (the Mystery pin, the "Lose Something?" pin and even the framed pin) on my Wants list ever since they were listed on PinPics. That was before I read all this though. Now I'm honestly not sure if I'll be able to make a decent offer on them, as already the value of those pins seems to be incredibly high.

I just hope that on the day there are more Forum members/actual pin collectors there than there are eBayers who just want to make an easy profit.

I just finished reading this thread from around Page 8 (when people were starting to get their notification e-mails). :( I can't believe that Margaret, one of the biggest Alice fans here, didn't get into a single group. Whilst some people got into Group 1 that may not even be able to go. It's just awful.

I've had the 3 Cheshire pins (the Mystery pin, the "Lose Something?" pin and even the framed pin) on my Wants list ever since they were listed on PinPics. That was before I read all this though. Now I'm honestly not sure if I'll be able to make a decent offer on them, as already the value of those pins seems to be incredibly high.

I just hope that on the day there are more Forum members/actual pin collectors there than there are eBayers who just want to make an easy profit.

Margaret is one of the very unlucky people who live in Florida and cannot afford to travel to CA on a wish and a prayer. Thanks for thinking about me. I have not managed to get one single Mystery pin - NOT ONE!! As in none, nada, zero, zip, zilch :cry::cry::cry:

I'm hoping someone reading this will take pity on me and help me out. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

AND a great, big huge THANKS to those who have already helped me:x:

Margaret is one of the very unlucky people who live in Florida and cannot afford to travel to CA on a wish and a prayer. Thanks for thinking about me. I have not managed to get one single Mystery pin - NOT ONE!! As in none, nada, zero, zip, zilch :cry::cry::cry:

I'm hoping someone reading this will take pity on me and help me out. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

AND a great, big huge THANKS to those who have already helped me:x:
*Hugs* I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to help you Margaret, you've just got to have some faith. :)

There's another thread which talks about whether or not one sets up pre-trades before they have a pin in hand. Personally, I don't do this very often at all. I'd much rather be 100% sure that I'll definately own the pin that I'm offering. So my point is, maybe you'll get more positive responses to your offers once everyone is sure what they've got. As in, once they've purchased it.

:hs: I can definately see the appeal of wanting to open your own box, so maybe you'll have better luck trying to get the individual pins from the set, again, once people actually have them in hand.

Like Masamune, I have had the three Cheshire Cat pins on my wants list since, well, since I was able to add them. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any of the pins, but what saddens and upsets me more than my rotten luck in not getting a wristband (especially since I think I was disqualified from the drawing from the beginning because of a glitch in my account and never had a chance) is what this release has turned/is turning into. Instead of being something that should be fun, it's turning into something, well, bitter, miserable, and ugly ... a real battle of the haves and have nots and who can turn a profit. I've been reading the thread since the beginning and, well, in places, we really are at each others' throats. If this is what the scene is like before the pins are released, I shudder to think of how tense and ugly the actual pin release is going to be - especially for the second chance line.

With the current atmosphere surrounding this pin release, I really can understand why people (not fortunate enough to be in the right group/any group) who can afford to would bite the proverbial bullet and pay those outrageous prices on evilBay. Yes, they are paying extortionate prices and submitting to something akin to robbery, but at least:

1. They know that they are guaranteed to get what they want

2. They don't have to go through the stress/frustration of waiting in the second chance line all day and still maybe not getting what they want

This is supposed to be fun, right? We're supposed to be excited about a pin release that finally will sell out in a day, about pins that finally will be worth something on the secondary market, right? Instead all we're doing is tearing each other apart over these pins and disecting what everyone does or does not do in association with this event, with each comment ratcheting the tension, hatred, and animosity surrounding this release just a little higher. So tell me, are we having fun yet?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by swim2sea
There was a post of eBay selling the door knob pin for $99. I sent them and email and told them they were sharks and I hope that something happened to them and they couldn't go. I think it's terrible to see someone take advantage of others in this situation. How cold-hearted and ruthless can some people be? She's a velociraptor who is fast and kills everything in it's path. Too bad she didn't to be extinct too.

yeah it's horrible O_O

• Mention of specific eBay seller names is not allowed.
Does this apply to the above statement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, out of the 500 who want a full set, there will only be 200 possible! No one is going to be offering up trades without knowing what they get first. Plus, there are no stated edition sizes for the cards (which is odd...) If there are 1000 boxes, times 2 per box, that's 2000 pins. 10 designs would make each pin an LE200. That would (out of 500 people) leave 300 without full sets. Very few will offer up closed boxes on eBay or trades without knowing if it is possible to create a full set for themselves.

I remember the doombuggy set from Summer 2008 (or 09). Each of those pins had different edition sizes and were highly sought after like this set. And then Disney decided to do their first stupid "chaser" set and put a ruby finish on 40 of them.

Could you imagine if Disney did that with 60 of the Alice cards?

The cards are all marked Limited Edition 200, or at least the prototypes displayed at a Pin Trading Night were. There are chasers that are included in that so the total number of regular sets is actually less than the stated 200. I hope Disney gives information about the edition size of the chasers in that set and not wait a while like the Dateline set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back