• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
OMG this was such a fun event. I have to second everything gloomy said since well we spent the day trading together and basically met all the same people . . . This was a super fun day - LOOOOONG but fun!!! I managed to complete a full set of chasers :0) It was interesting how the card chasers came out in spurts! Everyone needed a rabbit then everyone got one. . . . everyone needed Alice then everyone got one . . . you get the picture. The Mystery boxes finally sold out at around 5:30pm although trading for them occured ALL day long!!!! I did manage to get some extra pins and a frame set which I am going to post in the for sale thread - and the best part . . . All of my extras are signed by the Artist!!!! :0)

Thanks to everyone one who shared insight, traded, and laughed with me today!!! And extra special thanks to gloomy for haning out with me ALL day!

Yeah, we were pretty surprised. We left our table to go get dinner around... 6, I want to say? Maybe a bit earlier. Hard to remember. But it seemed like there were alot of boxes left then. And we got back around 8 or so, and they were all gone. It was a shock.

-JD

Yeah, we were pretty surprised. We left our table to go get dinner around... 6, I want to say? Maybe a bit earlier. Hard to remember. But it seemed like there were alot of boxes left then. And we got back around 8 or so, and they were all gone. It was a shock.

-JD
Here I was hoping to have a CM friend pick us up a few boxes tomorrow/monday! :lol:

I am a little confused about the mystery boxes. How is it if each person was only allowed 2 boxes, giving you 4 pins, how is it that so many of you ended up with nearly if not complete sets? Especially if almost everyone was trading for other mystery pins.

And since some of you don't see the difference between a seller backing out of a deal and a buyer backing out of a deal, let me explain it for you. If a buyer backs out, you can still sell your pins to someone else (granted I think it's shady of them to leave you negative feedback). However if a seller backs out of a deal as a buyer you more than likely don't have another source to get your pins from, otherwise why would you have needed their help in the first place. Not to mention that now, since you had a source you have turned down everyone else who could have sold you pins and those people have then made other arrangements, making it more difficult in obtaining the pins.

A lot of people had multiples because they had their family/friends go with them and purchase boxes on their behalf - many people were trading regular pins to people who would go buy the mystery box for the trade. Another thing was towards the end some people were offering two non chasers for one chaser especially if it was their last one needed.

I am a little confused about the mystery boxes. How is it if each person was only allowed 2 boxes, giving you 4 pins, how is it that so many of you ended up with nearly if not complete sets? Especially if almost everyone was trading for other mystery pins.

And since some of you don't see the difference between a seller backing out of a deal and a buyer backing out of a deal, let me explain it for you. If a buyer backs out, you can still sell your pins to someone else (granted I think it's shady of them to leave you negative feedback). However if a seller backs out of a deal as a buyer you more than likely don't have another source to get your pins from, otherwise why would you have needed their help in the first place. Not to mention that now, since you had a source you have turned down everyone else who could have sold you pins and those people have then made other arrangements, making it more difficult in obtaining the pins.

Me and another member were told when we paid we could come back to the 2nd chance and get everything we want again,that once the wristbands were taken away you were cleared.And so we did,getting us a total of 8 boxes,though shourtly after we got our boxes a CM announced if you bought 2 boxes today you'd not be allowed to buy two more till the next day. (and I didn't cheat anyone,I just bought 2 boxes and a doorknob,even though there was a frame left -I didnt have enough for it :( and my friend was wave 4 so she got boxes for me and everything else available for her-

Oh and the thing to me with a seller backing out on a preorder is a little different than if a seller backs out on a pin they have in hand.Sometimes issues come up,maybe they didn't make it in time( we saw one lady get there at about 12:45,with 1 person complaining she was cutting line,until a CM informed him she had her email and was in the RSP,and still had time before the 1pm cutoff) etc etc and in the case of the in-person wristband all preorders were pretty much a crapshoot

I can't say what happened with this case,but if you message them and politely asked what happened you'd hopefully get a response ^_^

was browsing ebay and found this

234f2b.jpg

Blatant theft of the pin,the seller has a few different styles,I was unsure wether to start a new thread to ask people report the listing to ebay.This seller needs to be booted off ebay!

Heres the exact phrase to search to find the item (mods delete the link if you deem it necessary)
alice drink me necklace antique
They have I believe 6 different designs

Last edited:
I wouldnt call it theft. They have only used the pin design not the actual pin..its the same as going getting a tshirt printed with an image from a comic book or any other type of media and that is not theft so I dont see why them using the design should be classed as theft.

Thats like saying if you like a piece of artwork you see on the net and want it on a tshirt, your not allowed to go get it printed onto a tshirt because its theft..

It LOOKS to me like these "made to order" necklaces include the actual real pin- probably minus post. If not, isn't copying someone else's design also theft or copyright infringement?

I'm so glad everyone had a great time at the event. It sounded like it was so much fun and I followed Gloomy's reporting all day. It was so fantastic to feel like I was almost there. It sounds like a fun time was had by all and I'm so glad the pin community came together and made this a great event. Thanks so everyone who helped me, is helping me, and who is going to help (even if they don't know it yet). This is an awesome community and this event proves it.

It LOOKS to me like these "made to order" necklaces include the actual real pin- probably minus post. If not, isn't copying someone else's design also theft or copyright infringement?

I know that but you have people who make un-official tshirts, hoodies, hats, custom figures etc etc and yet I dont see see people calling them out. If they are using the real pin then shame on them! but if they are not then I dont see it as being any different to the other items I mentioned above.

wow! This thread was better than the entire season of "Real Housewives of Orange County". I can't wait for the next round!

Last edited:
Yea, no matter how hard I try to get it back on track, folks just keep going off on a tangent. I give up and just try to keep things positive.

I wouldnt call it theft. They have only used the pin design not the actual pin..its the same as going getting a tshirt printed with an image from a comic book or any other type of media and that is not theft so I dont see why them using the design should be classed as theft.

The example with the comic book t-shirt is copyright infringement. It's illegal. Hehe. :)

If these people re-appropriated pins to convert them into jewelry, they're probably fine. It may also be possible that they actually have authorization to use the image from Disney (though I doubt it). But if they copied the image off the website, they're wandering pretty deep into illegal territory, and that image there doesn't look like the actual real-world pin (at least in that particular picture).

-JD

Think it is really nice that rubyslipperedprincess has chosen to never let all of you know why her money was refunded (she was sent a message about 4:30 p.m. Pt yesterday)!! Maybe you should ask her and stop bashing the situation until you know all of the facts!

Okay, now that at least most of the dust has settled from the event...lol...a question about the mystery pins. Is there an actual edition size?

There was so much speculation...from each pins being LE1000 to the number of boxes being limited to 1000 making each pin an LE200. With chasers being added to the mix and some people indicating they were close to having entire sets...are the pins LE...is there a stamp on the back stating the edition size...are the chasers more rare than the regular pins?

We are no longer collecting Alice, but were curious since there are so many people who were concerned about this particular set.

Well I just got home from watching Battle LA, which I imagine wasn't too different than the day that some of you had. I didn't want to just sit at home dwelling on the pins I didn't get. It sounds like a lot of people didn't show up to claim their pins. So I'm glad that a lot of extra people benefited. I know someone benefited from my not being there. Although now I'm wishing I had just forked out the $600 for air and hotel expenses so that I would have been guaranteed the pins. I should know better than do count on someone else.

As for trading, I just don't know. I've had so many negative experiences that I'm not sure if it's worth it. I might just collect and only trade with CMs, granted you don't very often get much, but at least they can't turn you down, change their mind, ask them to buy you a new pin or counter offer. This hobby might just be a little too cutthroat for me. I started trading because I noticed a particular pin one day on a lanyard and I asked my friend about it and in the beginning it was fun and I just love pretty things, but then it became harder to find the pins I wanted and I started trading with other traders and so many of them are opportunistic. I just don't know. I want it to be fun again. That's why I was so excited about this event. Anyway I'm glad everyone who got to go had such a good time.

I'm so sorry someone did that too you. I hope I can make you feel a little better. I sent you a PM about a possible trade.

Okay, now that at least most of the dust has settled from the event...lol...a question about the mystery pins. Is there an actual edition size?

There was so much speculation...from each pins being LE1000 to the number of boxes being limited to 1000 making each pin an LE200. With chasers being added to the mix and some people indicating they were close to having entire sets...are the pins LE...is there a stamp on the back stating the edition size...are the chasers more rare than the regular pins?

We are no longer collecting Alice, but were curious since there are so many people who were concerned about this particular set.
Never mind...we got our answer from PinPics!

Think it is really nice that rubyslipperedprincess has chosen to never let all of you know why her money was refunded (she was sent a message about 4:30 p.m. Pt yesterday)!! Maybe you should ask her and stop bashing the situation until you know all of the facts!

I agree with that. people should make judgments only after all the facts are known to them not just based on ONE persons side of the story!!

Since some of you can't see the hypocrisy in your own words, let me explain it to you. When a buyer tells a seller that they are going to take something that seller is counting on that sale and if they take it off the market they could lose out on other potential sales. While that buyer is stalling and looking for a better deal, other potential customers are also making other arrangements.

And since it appears that you received an explanation for why your purchases was reversed I think it would be fair for you to share that so that people know the whole story.

Why is it in the pin community, when something good happens to someone everyone says "oh, you deserve it" and "it's because of your good pin karma!" but when someone doesn't get what they want, why isn't it bad karma? That's the thing about karma if you choose to believe in it...it works both ways too.

And quite frankly, I don't get what the problem is. If you wish you had just shelled out the $600 plus the cost of pins to go to the event then why is buying them such a big deal? Even at marked up prices you could buy everything you want for less than it would have cost you to go there and buy them yourself. You keep making comments about how pin traders are so nasty and how you have had so many negative experiences but it seems to me that the person here being the most negative is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back