• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the update! I am terribly bummed though, as I don't see any possibility of being able to own any of these gorgeous pins. If anyone is willing to help me I would be soooooooooo grateful.

Thank you for the update! I am terribly bummed though, as I don't see any possibility of being able to own any of these gorgeous pins. If anyone is willing to help me I would be soooooooooo grateful.
Already promised another member any doubles we may get,but on the mystery pins theres always a chance we get more than double,if we get a triple of any of those I'd be happy to send it your way ^_^

Thank goodness they did an RSP for this release! I'm sure Disney security & CM's don't want a repeat of the HM POH from Nov. 09 again involving Anaheim police, traffic jams and LOTS of pissed off fans! This will be much easier on everyone's nerves! And no more early morning line ups feeling like a zombie! I signed up for the RSP, as I like a few of the Alice pins I see on ODPT, especially the framed set and the doorknob pin.

I just registered too! A little bummed they picked a day APs are blocked, but it will be worth it if I get picked!

I just registered too! A little bummed they picked a day APs are blocked, but it will be worth it if I get picked!
Oh wow that sucks,and my pass expires early may so it'd be pointless to upgrade it to the premium one :( Looks like I'll need a ticket to get in >_<
Man,April~July are gonna be bank killers for us,this event,renewing annual pass,bats day market,sci-fi academy,reptile convention,anime expo (sci-fi,reptile con and anime expo all being a week apart too!)

LOVE IT!! <3

just registered so did hubby have my fingers crossed but to let all annual passholders know that deluxe passholders are blocked out that day,ive been lucky to find a cm to get me in that day,but if you dont know anyone your going to have to pay the 1 day upgrade.

PLEASE, PLEASE - I must have the pins and the figurine and all the other stuff - PLEASE REMEMBER ME!!!! Just so you don't forget that there are poor slobs out here who can't get to CA to go. If I live just a wee bit closer:) :) :)

And I have my money all ready to pay someone for the frame, pins, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Here are how the wristbands will be distributed:
Join in the excitement as we celebrate 60 years of Disney's Alice in Wonderland with these limited-edition Disney pins. There will be 4 random drawings* with 500 Guests getting the chance to purchase these collectibles. Sign up below!

The first 100 Guests will be selected through a random drawing to have the chance to purchase:

- One 60th Anniversary Framed Set
- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine with pin
- One Tea Party Jumbo pin
- Two Logo pins, White Rabbit pocket watch pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins and Mystery Collection boxes.

A second group of 50 Guests selected can purchase:
- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine
- Two Logo pins, White Rabbit pocket watch pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins and Mystery Collection boxes.

A third group of 100 Guests selected can purchase:

- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine
- Two of the Logo pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins, Mystery Collection boxes each.

The final 250 Guests selected can purchase two Mystery Collection boxes.

Don't miss this opportunity to add these exclusive pins to your collection before supplies run out! Enter the random drawing below for a chance to purchase these pins being released April 2, 2011 at Little Green Men Store Command at Disneyland Park.

Also, the fine print at the bottom shows how long this will be open:
* During the period beginning at 12:01 a.m. (PST), March 10, 2011 and ending at 11:59 p.m. (PST), March 23, 2011, you may enter via the Internet at DisneyPins.com. One entry per person. Disney.com registration required and applicable age limitations apply. Disney Theme Park Merchandise ("Disney") is not responsible for any problems with the entries including, without limitation, incomplete, inaccurate, or lost entries, even if due to the negligence of Disney. Each of such potential entries will be disqualified. Disney may, in its sole discretion, also disqualify any Guests who attempt to violate any of these rules. In a random drawing on or about March 24, 2011,
* Odds of being chosen depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential chosen purchasers will be sent instructions to their e-mail address of record on how to participate in their purchase opportunity at the Disneyland Resort on April 2, 2011. Potential purchasers must appear in person, with valid ID and a copy of appropriate documentation, to make the allotted pin purchase. Valid Theme Park admission is required to enter Disneyland Park for the purchase opportunity. The opportunity to purchase any of the Celebrating 60 years of Disney's Alice in Wonderland pins may not be transferred or sold, and if not used, will be forfeited.

^That means if you are planning a trip there from out of town or out of state, you will not know for sure whether you have been selected until a week and 2 days before you need to be there. Those are going to be expensive plane tickets.

I just want to wish everyone good luck and I hope the people who need the pins are granted the chance to purchase them! I know a lot of us will be on pins and needles for the next 2 weeks, but I just want to wish everyone good luck!!!!!

Just registered (I hope - I had so many problems sorting out my account, I don't EVEN want to go into it) :anxious:. Good luck to everyone who entered ... I hope we all get what we want! :x:

A Wonderland of Pins at Disneyland Resort - Disney Parks Blog

From the Disney Parks blog:
A Wonderland of Pins at Disneyland Resort

posted on March 10th, 2011 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

Yesterday I chatted with artists Jeff Granito and Alex Maher, along with product developer Jeanne Lewis – the creative forces behind next month’s release of a new pin collection, Celebrating 60 years of Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.

Jeanne talked about why she chose to pay tribute to Alice in Wonderland with this very merry un-birthday collection: “We wanted to find a new way to celebrate the film’s 60th anniversary and all things Alice at Disneyland. Coming up with the title was the most fun. We wanted to call it the Alice in Disneyland collection, but to add a bit of humor … we made it look like the Queen of Hearts had disrupted the event, leaving her ‘mark’ by painting ‘Wonder’ across everything.â€

As the film celebrates its 60th year, we’re getting the chance to re-introduce these characters to a new generation. I’m really excited for this collection but I’ll let the artists tell you more about it.

Lucky for me, I was able to convince the artists to share a few images with us as well as some of the inspiration behind this special series.

Alex: “Walt Disney had a long-standing affection for Alice in Wonderland, starting with the origins of the Walt Disney company in 1923. But It wasn’t until 1951 that the feature was finally produced. What I loved the most about this feature was the art direction by Mary Blair. Her bold use of color and design made this one of the most unique features ever produced. It was a pleasure working with Jeff and Jeanne in recreating these wonderful characters for this pin collection.â€

Jeff: “My parents used to take me to all the Disney movies growing up and I spent quite a bit more time at home reading about these characters from books. What I enjoyed most about this project was interpreting ‘Wonderland’ and the characters in a nostalgic way that reminded me of the illustrations that captured my attention as a child.â€

The collection, set to debut April 2, includes limited-edition pins featuring some of your favorite characters, a mystery collection inspired by a deck of cards, a framed set and even a Mad Hatter-inspired hat sculpture that opens up to reveal a pin of the Queen of Hearts saying “Off With Her Head.†Because these pins are limited, you will have to sign up for the opportunity to get a wristband to purchase them. That’s why I wanted to let you know first, here on the Disney Parks Blog. There are more details about this release on DisneyPins.com, so check it out when you have time.

If you’re looking for a way to celebrate, join us April 2 as we host Alex and Jeff for a special appearance and signing at Little Green Men Store Command from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

If you like this collection, let me know which pin is your favorite and why.

Happy to see them do the random drawing. I saw the pins in person and they are really nice! So the question is, when will they let people get in line for the leftovers? I wonder if everyone with a framed set wristband would want the framed set?.... I still think it is going to be a mad house!!

Ouch, having to pay the AP blockout pass fee is going to suck. The pins look great, though!

Does anyone know, perhaps from the January DLR PTN product preview, what the edition stamping on the Mystery Collection is going to be? If the "Edition 1000" statement means 1000 boxes sold, each with 2 pins, and the set is 10 pins total, will the pins all be backstamped LE200? Because if so, that's awesome.

-JD

Anyone want to help out someone not near any parks? i'd LOVE to get every item on there! Or at least as many as i could before going to ebay. And i would send the payments for whatever i won ahead of time, so there's no risk. Please email me if you can help me out... desperately hope i hear from someone!!

Anyone want to help out someone not near any parks? i'd LOVE to get every item on there! Or at least as many as i could before going to ebay. And i would send the payments for whatever i won ahead of time, so there's no risk. Please email me if you can help me out... desperately hope i hear from someone!!

the problem there is that you have to show a id when picking up the pins,so say you rsp and get a wristband they wont let anyone pick up the pins for you,you have to be present.

the problem there is that you have to show a id when picking up the pins,so say you rsp and get a wristband they wont let anyone pick up the pins for you,you have to be present.

Yeah, i know (unfortunately!). I'm hoping someone will offer to register (under their own name) and if they win, go and pick them up (with their matching ID) and then ship them to me (i'm willing to pay extra costs for your trouble, if that helps!)... of course, now that i say/list it like that, it sounds like a LOT of work and a ridiculous favour from someone i don't even know... sadly, i'm guessing i'll be fighting the crowds on ebay for these after all :( I won't be trying to register under my name because i know i won't be there to pick them up myself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back