• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

AMC Olaf Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMC Olaf Pin
On a completely random note, those of you near century theaters, they currently have a couple of star wars pins for sale with purchase of ticket. The pin is $3 and you can pick from Yoda or Darth Vader...

Anyways... Whoo more Olaf!!! -_-

Made reservations for Friday morning. I really wish it was a pin of the girls. Finally a event I can participate in. :p

Last edited:
Not only is it another olaf pin, he is literally in the exact same pose he has been on almost every pin he has been on!!

Also, for those of you looking to purchase your tickets online, please keep in mind that that does not guarantee you a pin. All that does is guarantee you a seat in the theater. If they have 300 on hand (random number I'm throwing out there) and you buy tickets for the second show of the day, and the first show of the day did 301 people, you'll get nothing. And considering you have to pay fees on online tickets (except for stubs members and fandango VIPs), it may just be in your best interest to just show up early to the theater and buy tickets for the show you wanna watch and get your pin there.

Just thought I'd throw that our there...I've been in the theatre business for 10 years so I know how these things work =)

Last edited:
Hmmm, I haven't seen the movie yet. My family kept putting it off "to the next day". Might be a good excuse to set the date in stone. Although, I agree that the pin is pretty ugly. But I think I just might be trying to be a Frozen completest.

if you really think about it, the pin will be more limited then what everyone thinks. How many people going to see the movie are pin collectors/traders? Alot of the people going will be bringing thier kids to see it and what will most likely happen to those pins? Most of them will probably get broken, thrown in drawers and forgot about or just thrown away after time. Not saying that they will be super limited but probably more then people think.

I agree that it might be more exclusive than we think. Not everyone is a pin collector so a lot of these will probably go missing/thrown away, broken, etc. That's the logic someone is using to sell it on Ebay for $70 BTW!

The "Olaf pose" has become a running joke in our house. We'll say quick, drop what you're doing and assume the Olaf pose! Arms up, one foot out, and trying to simulate a buck tooth. It's good times!

I can purchase tickets for this weekend, but how do I know I get a pin? We are going to go see it again this weekend anyways, but I would rather go to our favorite threater (not AMC) but Ill go to an AMC to get the pin. Does it show up in your confirmation after purchase?

Purchasing a ticket does not mean you will get a pin. It is first come first serve (I think thats the term) until supplies last. If you get a ticket and they still have pins you will be fine. You can always call and ask if there are pins left :)

Thank you so much for this! The pin looks like it's plastic....at first I thought it was Free-D but it's actually pretty flat -___-.

Call before you purchase tickets to see if they have pins. A few of my local AMC theatres said they gave them out already so they no longer have them and a few others say they didn't get many so they will probably go fast and on Friday.

Whoo maybe with all these complaints from people maybe the pin won't run out and people who want it can get the pin... Oh no wait even with all the complaining I still see people picking up 3 or 4 of the pins to sell.

Purchasing a ticket does not mean you will get a pin. It is first come first serve (I think thats the term) until supplies last. If you get a ticket and they still have pins you will be fine. You can always call and ask if there are pins left :)
Oh I thought if you purchased tickets on line you would get the pin. I was wondering why it was showing up. So you buy tickets online and are not guaranteed one, and you wont know until you show up. Thats lame. Especially since Im sure ppl are getting multiples to sell.

I HATE our AMC theater here, it's so run down and gross. We usually go to Showcase Cinemas Lux Level. So Ill just go there and skip the pin.

+ Reply to Th

Our AMC theater just had a big, beautiful renovation with huge, reclining leather seats, new sound systems and projectors and a brand new lobby and snack stand, so it's our go-to theater. (It's also about a mile from where I live and across the street from one of my jobs, so it's quite convenient.) I called up our manager today and he was a total doll. I politely asked if it would be possible to get the pin since we'd ordered tickets days ago to see the film a second time tonight and he laughed and said to not worry about it. He gave each of us one and thanked us for coming back to see the movie again at his theater. Really nice surprise.

Having said that I may have one for trade, not sure if we're going to hang onto both mine and my husbands or trade it away. We'll see.

I purchased tickets for the first showing Friday morning, so I think I should be fine. When I called, I asked about how to get the pin with online purchase and the manager told me to come to the box office or guest services.

I agree that it might be more exclusive than we think. Not everyone is a pin collector so a lot of these will probably go missing/thrown away, broken, etc. That's the logic someone is using to sell it on Ebay for $70 BTW!

The "Olaf pose" has become a running joke in our house. We'll say quick, drop what you're doing and assume the Olaf pose! Arms up, one foot out, and trying to simulate a buck tooth. It's good times!

the madonna song "vogue" comes to mind...

Strike a pose theres nothing to it!

Going to go see it at AMC Manteca tomorrow morning before work. Had the option of going back to the Brendan here in Modesto to see it with the family again but it's a dollar difference and the Brendan's never been the same since they ripped her soul out and digitized the whole complex. Hoping to snag a few extra for traders and what not, though I'm not holding my breath.

I talked to my local theater today and they said they have thousands. I am going with some friends today so hopefully I'll have a few extras if anyone wants to trade.

Just got back from the theater. Didn't expect to like Frozen as much as I did. It was great. I have two extra pins if anyone needs them. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back