• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Another wrist banded random draw release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another wrist banded random draw release
No, DSF are spot on to release the Who Framed Roger Rabbit anniversary pin as a surprise, even a day early.
June 22 1988

Well that does make a bit more sense then. I know nothing about WFRR and thought the anniversary was when they released that last anniversary pin. It just seems odd to release it during the Monsters release. I wonder how many are going to be left after the Monsters crowd is gone.

This was a total mess. I wasn't so lucky (#271)...and I'm not so much upset that I wasn't able to purchase the pins, but upset over how something so simple and meant to be fair can be taken advantage of...there was three mob crowds trying to get a wristband/voucher. They should have gone in order of the line just to keep things orderly and have them go more smoothly. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

FYI though, if you're planning to go to next week's releases, do like everyone in that line did and bring 12 friends/family (seriously, who are all those people?). Babysit 4+ kids if you have to that day...it increases your chances of MAYBE drawing at least a number below 150.
i'm sorry you had to be one of the 49 V_V my sympathies. at least there are some surprise pins you'll for sure be able to get

I think them doing the backwards distribution was fair. They should of done that for the iron man release since the people in the back of the line were the only ones who followed the rules that day... I'm glad dsf did that maybe now people will get the idea to not camp out. If you get there at the time you're suppose to maybe you'll get a better chance now and we can go back to the way dsf releases use to be. You get up at 5 drive down to LA and have a chance at the pins. Maybe since they did that backwards distribution I might actually visit a soda fountain release maybe. But I kinda like not having to deal with all that mayhem and just trade for them...

i'm sorry you had to be one of the 49 V_V my sympathies. at least there are some surprise pins you'll for sure be able to get

It happens! This was fair, just handled completely wrong. I wish this system was done online too (register us!), so only the people that can buy it show up. They should email the 150 with their place in line, tell them to line up in order by 9AM. (Email 151-250, if LE 500 Marquee to line by 10AM) and then 50 stand by guests who can stop by in any order after 11AM but before 12PM. If it doesn't sell after all of that, then free for all it.

It happens! This was fair, just handled completely wrong. I wish this system was done online too (register us!), so only the people that can buy it show up. They should email the 150 with their place in line, tell them to line up in order by 9AM. (Email 151-250, if LE 500 Marquee to line by 10AM) and then 50 stand by guests who can stop by in any order after 11AM but before 12PM. If it doesn't sell after all of that, then free for all it.
people would try to fake it, tho, saying they were one of the 150. wouldn't take long for them to make mock-ups of the emails to present as proof, even. our age is simply too sneaky for that method, i'm afraid

NOOOOO one collects Monsters or thought they were worth it, but now it seems I'm out a set :( Must admit, I'm disappointed.

people would try to fake it, tho, saying they were one of the 150. wouldn't take long for them to make mock-ups of the emails to present as proof, even. our age is simply too sneaky for that method, i'm afraid

If they register us with our driver licenses / CA ID, then replicating an email (simple) is no big deal as your number must match the name on file.

If they register us with our driver licenses / CA ID, then replicating an email (simple) is no big deal as your number must match the name on file.
oooo, that'd be an interesting way to do it. it'd slow things down, having to check ID, but it'd make it nigh impossible to fake.
the only bad part is that it would discourage walk-ins, but the crazy releases already kind of do that

what about one time attendees, tho? the database would have to accommodate people from out of area that would only be there for one release but still wanted to take part

Last edited:
I dont get why they dont make it one set per person. They changed the PTDs over to 1 per person so why are these releases any different? Especially since people are padding the numbers to increase their odds. Everyone wins (especially if they arent going to raise the LE size). Overall though a step in the right direction.

Let me say, the lady who was upset she slept over, that was informed to not sleep over, the one who caused thecfront of the line to stampede the people who were waiting psitiently, if you do that again, and ever physically push me I will find you.

very upset.

Can't believe people act like that. Ruins it for everyone else. Was the same at Disneyland Paris, no sense of queuing and it was mayhem. I ended up having to shove and stand on people to get anywhere :( if you can't beat em join em....

So it seems like this wristband system might actually "kind of" work. It's an imperfect system (as will be anything) but it's the closest we've gotten yet to something that's fair so I'll take it. I might end up showing up at next weekend's release but it is looking highly unlikely. The one thing I don't understand is why DSF didn't make this release 1pp. Everyone could have walked away with 1 set and everyone would have been happy :( I can understand 2pp on any releases with less than 300 people there (maybe 200-250) but 299? Come on, all you needed was one more person and every single person in line would have walked away happy ^_^

I really think someone from DSF should be picking the numbers to determine who gets a voucher instead of people picking their own after getting a wristband. Then people could just stay in one line until it was time to line up to buy. They could also try to have a "buying line" toward the front with numbers posted so people don't even need to ask where to go - just match your voucher with the number posted and wait until the line starts moving. Everyone who got a number over 150/250/whatever can move to the side and wait to see what is left.

Not saying this actually happened... But I think after some people got suspicious numbers at the BT release, when DSF staff picked numbers, no one really trusts anyone but themselves to pick a voucher out of that bag. I don't know how they were doing the voucher picks, but it sounds like people were going to the voucher bag, rather than the voucher bag coming to them? Perhaps there was a crowd density issue, but they could have simply moved the line to the vouchers and then dispersed the crowd according to numbers picked. I wasn't there. Maybe that was the intent and it didn't work as easily as it sounded?

They would simply need someone in clear authority to direct and organize the line. Anyone gives sass, rushes the line, or anything other than what they were told by the person in charge, should get kicked out. People who mob and rush should be dealt with immediately with swift and wrathful vengence. Basically, they forfeit their voucher and place in line.

After the wristbands were given out, the vouchers were mixed in a box. They gave it a pretty good mixing in front of everyone present. One employee punched a hole in the wrist band while the next one reached in the box and handed each of a voucher upside down. We then walked on and took a look at our number. So we were not the ones to draw the voucher, the cast member did.

Ok. Sounds like they drew vouchers correctly. Blindly. Sounds like it went really well, except for a few people who haven't got the concept of polite and orderly down yet. You'd think for people who have been standing in lines since pre-school, this would be a piece of cake. :)

This was a total mess. I wasn't so lucky (#271)...and I'm not so much upset that I wasn't able to purchase the pins, but upset over how something so simple and meant to be fair can be taken advantage of...there was three mob crowds trying to get a wristband/voucher. They should have gone in order of the line just to keep things orderly and have them go more smoothly. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

FYI though, if you're planning to go to next week's releases, do like everyone in that line did and bring 12 friends/family (seriously, who are all those people?). Babysit 4+ kids if you have to that day...it increases your chances of MAYBE drawing at least a number below 150.

How did you not get pins? My friend was #276 and she and a few other people were able to get all of their pins. Did you get out of line?

I really think someone from DSF should be picking the numbers to determine who gets a voucher instead of people picking their own after getting a wristband. Then people could just stay in one line until it was time to line up to buy. They could also try to have a "buying line" toward the front with numbers posted so people don't even need to ask where to go - just match your voucher with the number posted and wait until the line starts moving. Everyone who got a number over 150/250/whatever can move to the side and wait to see what is left.

One of the supervisors did pull the vouchers out of a box (without peaking) and hand them to the people in line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back