• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

* Delete *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is some free online survey maker where you could have people vote yes or now and then just have 90,000 questions. They can look at their collection and scroll to the question number that is their pinpics number.

Also, I think another way is to get a list of everyones collections pin numbers, combine them in excel and do lookups, that will take way longer than just getting pinpics to do an "Owns" column. I really wish they would. Then you can see all the LE100's that 158 people say they own and then you will know the scrapper issue in plain sight. Or vice versa, maybe an LE100 that only 58 people own and no traders and then you know the other 42 are either not on pinpics or are lost in a closet somewhere.

Last edited:
I think it is an interesting idea. I wish pinpics would just do it for us, but if not I like the Idea of one big survey that we could just mark off what we own :)

The one hitch I can see: if someone who owns a group of pins decides to refocus and then trade or sell the pins, they would have to be able (and take the time) to un-own those pins. If they didn't, the "own" numbers could eventually get way off when the new owners click "own"

I like the idea in theory, but I'm not sure everyone will be totally truthful.

For instance, there are people trading some of my LE 1 WDI frame sets. I know that's a lie as I'm staring at the frame on my wall.

Yes, but a few too many of a certian pin would not raise red flags...its when a 100 over, then it's time to consider something is fishy with said pin....I asked for this back when they updated the data base prior to the sale...I think the idea has serious merit Jabberwocky! Oh, and it's been nice seeing your post numbers increase here Jabberwocky!

Also, there's got to be a way to say that you own multiples of the pins. For example, I have some pins in my traders that are duplicates of pins in my owns.

I think it's a great idea but I would rather it not be anonymously. A lot of people trade pins based on the wants versus trades ratio, I'm not a fan myself, because this is not a quantifiable way to value a pin since the numbers are skewed. As wdwjaun said there are people who are claiming to want/own/trade pins they don't have, no whether this is a simple mistake, perhaps checking off a pin that is not the version you actually have, on purpose to increase the value of a pin you have or because you're trying to help a friend who also wants the pin, for whatever the reason anonymity allows for people to deceive and why really does it need to be a secret? I don't care who knows what pins I have, there listed on pinpics for all to see. Unibear also brought up a good point about multiples, how do we account for that because most of us will buy a second pin to use as a trader when we know it's going to be valuable. While I think this sounds like a great idea, in practicality I'm just not sure how to make it work. Even if pinpics does add this option it won't ever be 100% accurate.

I hope that the New Pinpics shows the Owns numbers. but than there are people with multiple account that will screw the numbers but we could get a general number.. LE 100.. 3 trading 89 in collections.. Going to be a rare pins to obtain. Le 100 19 trading 107 in collections.. Might be a little fishy unless.. Like me, I put a pin I am trading on my owns list as well to keep track of it better.

I think that's the same person who also is trading the set that's on my wall too. Funny about that.
Are you 100% positive your framed set is LE 1/1? I thought they did ~3 of those. I've seen multiples of AP framed sets at WDI before. Perhaps the artist got one and then they sold one? Then the artist sold or gave away their copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back