• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
I really like the mug, sketch book, and figure set. I should be excited for the bottles too, but they look really cheaply made to me. As for the actual dolls themselves, I am not a big fan. The Merida set is cute and is nicer than the Alice set (which should have been amazing), but the Boo doll isn't doing anything for me.

Boo looks awful. :(

The sketchbook and mugs look amazing! So happy to see them come out with more merchandise from this series. I adore the artwork but I'm not a huge doll collector. (I've made a special exception for Belle, Rapunzel, and Tink.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I think the problem with the Boo doll is that she looks OLDER than the character was in the movie. Boo is a perfect candidate for these dolls because she's so young. So, why did they make her look older?

For me, I think the problem with the Boo doll is that she looks OLDER than the character was in the movie. Boo is a perfect candidate for these dolls because she's so young. So, why did they make her look older?

To be honest, she looks like a CGI human character that was created 20 years ago with all those horrifying facial expressions and plastic like skin.

Why even Boo? Why not Riley from Inside Out or even Violet from The Incredibles instead? They would've been much better choices for the DAC in my opinion.

Boo looks just like the doll they released a few years back. I don't like her very much but she's one of my favorite characters and her older dolls don't do much for her character either. I'll defintely get her and LILO when they go on sale.

I need all the animator plushes! Especially Anna.

I own the original talking Boo doll. She is adorable in person. When I look at her vs the new Animator Boo, the biggest difference, to me, is the longer neck on Animator Boo. Some people perceive she looks older--that could be because of the neck. There are minor differences. Talking Boo has a bit of tongue showing between upper and lower teeth vs all teeth on Animator. There are other minor differences in the eyes and cheeks. The two dolls, in reality, are very similar. I wish they had made her shirt (on both dolls) longer per the actual character, but that is a minor quibble. Original talking Boo goes for $100+ on eBay (in box), so Animator one is a perfectly acceptable option for anyone who wants a Boo doll. I prefer the talking one, but if this Animator goes on sale, I might purchase her. I love the Boo character, in general. I am not as much a fan of the Animator Alice. Lilo, on the other hand, is perfect.

Now they've added Ariel, Belle in blue dress, Rapunzel, and Jasmine to the plush collection.

I only have one animator doll and its ariel..this was long before I knew about LE thing. i told hubby its for our future daughter lol

Does anyone know if Disney is going to get more of the Alice Animator dolls back in stock online? I figured I would wait until I was near Christmas to get her for my Daughter, but they haven't had them back in stock for a while now. Did I miss them?
[h=3][/h]

I've been wondering that too - if she's just a one-off or if she'll stick around like Tinkerbelle? I know AttLG stuff sold badly, but I would think regular Alice merch would do fine? I really want an Alice too, but I won't even be in the same province as a Disney Store for another week. I doubt any stock will have hung in that long :(

She went on clearance, so it's safe to say she's gone for good. It happened so quickly I missed it and had to buy one from the UK! The only other animators that went on clearance were Aladdin and the gift sets, all of which didn't return. :(

I giftedmy cousin an elsa animator doll a couple of months ago.when I visited her I saw it deboxed. i was like "No....." But hubby said its meant to played with anyway so I calmed down. Lol i had to fixed her braid because some of her hair were disarray already. I noticed some bald spots so I guess shes better braided than loose. I cant help noticing ( minus the bald spots) that she looks so beautifully made. And its only then I noticed that her legs are blue! Lol my aunt said that elsa is her favorite doll and she brings her along with her even in the mall.i was quite pleased that I gave her the doll. It was worth it

She went on clearance, so it's safe to say she's gone for good. It happened so quickly I missed it and had to buy one from the UK! The only other animators that went on clearance were Aladdin and the gift sets, all of which didn't return. :(

I've been wondering that too - if she's just a one-off or if she'll stick around like Tinkerbelle? I know AttLG stuff sold badly, but I would think regular Alice merch would do fine? I really want an Alice too, but I won't even be in the same province as a Disney Store for another week. I doubt any stock will have hung in that long :(

Both Aladdin and Alice animatgor dolls are still available on the UK site. Does that mean they are going to disappear soon?

I giftedmy cousin an elsa animator doll a couple of months ago.when I visited her I saw it deboxed. i was like "No....." But hubby said its meant to played with anyway so I calmed down. Lol i had to fixed her braid because some of her hair were disarray already. I noticed some bald spots so I guess shes better braided than loose. I cant help noticing ( minus the bald spots) that she looks so beautifully made. And its only then I noticed that her legs are blue! Lol my aunt said that elsa is her favorite doll and she brings her along with her even in the mall.i was quite pleased that I gave her the doll. It was worth it

My Daughter has all the original release animator dolls, I bought them and collected them when she was just a baby. She has the first release anna and elsa, her legs are stained blue from the stockings she has on, her belly has blue stains too from the dress. We have de-boxed all of them and play with them, they hold up well to play. I gave her a shelf to put them away on to keep them from just being thrown around, they look cute displayed in her room.

I'm bummed about Alice though, I really thought she was going to hang around for longer, I know they were out of stock for a bit but then they got them back in July.
I guess I'll have to just keep a look out on Ebay and Mercari sites.

My Daughter has all the original release animator dolls, I bought them and collected them when she was just a baby. She has the first release anna and elsa, her legs are stained blue from the stockings she has on, her belly has blue stains too from the dress. We have de-boxed all of them and play with them, they hold up well to play. I gave her a shelf to put them away on to keep them from just being thrown around, they look cute displayed in her room.

I'm bummed about Alice though, I really thought she was going to hang around for longer, I know they were out of stock for a bit but then they got them back in July.
I guess I'll have to just keep a look out on Ebay and Mercari sites.

Such a spoiled daughter! Blessed her to have a mom like you. I just came from disney this afternoon and saw tink and also boo but no alice. i keep on mistaking cinderella for alice lol. They so look alike except for the box that says cinderella. I didnt like their elsa. The one I gave my cousin has sweeter face and slightly smaller eyes. They change their doll every year?

Such a spoiled daughter! Blessed her to have a mom like you. I just came from disney this afternoon and saw tink and also boo but no alice. i keep on mistaking cinderella for alice lol. They so look alike except for the box that says cinderella. I didnt like their elsa. The one I gave my cousin has sweeter face and slightly smaller eyes. They change their doll every year?

They do seem to change something on the dolls every year, I know Rapunzel's hair seems to get shorter. And the dresses change, one year they were very glittery.
I'm a doll collector so my daughter is used to having dolls around :) IF she can't have some to play with she'll go after my expensive one's..lol.
I'm very Blessed with the life and family I have for sure.

does anyone know if these dolls will go on sale for $15 again any time soon?
i want to buy a bunch to finish my collection, i think the last time they all went on sale was a few years back :(

Has anyone seen the Lilo and Stitch mini animator doll set? They are adorable, and a definite must have for me. :)

https://www.disneystore.com/play-se...itch-mini-doll-play-set-5/mp/1414143/1000265/

7ac8de86afb1337998c532cf39742881.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back