• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney cruise pin trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney cruise pin trading?

MrHappy

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just decided that since I have to use up some of my DVC points that I'd go on a cruise to Alaska in a few months. Does anyone know if there is any pin trading on the cruise? I know you can, and plan to, buy pins that are only available on the cruises. Are there any cast that have landyards and trade during the cruise though? I don't want to bring my trading pins for no reason.

If anyone wants me to grab them pins just let me know what and we can work something out. I'm leaving the first week of Sept.

I've been searching for more info on this as well as I am going on the Med cruise next year June 1-8, 2013. I heard there is trading the last day when you can trade with cast members. Some CM's will where lanyards the whole time, but not many.? I guess trading is best on the days when you are on the boat the full day, like the first and last. Some bring a smaller book. Also, since some stuff is limited, it's best to buy the first day you are there just in case.

Wow! i was wondering the same thing, as we leave for alaskan disney cruise next summer (june 24th i think) ! The more info on cruise pin trading the better!

It has been 2 years since we have been on DCL (going again in Nov), but the cast in the shops have always had PT lanyards in the past. There is also a pin cart in the atrium lobby area every evening that has pins and usually a few cast around trading pins. I have also heard that there are pin trading event(lets) on board now and usually a pin trading with the officers event. I'd also be interested in hearing what recent DCL guests experiences have been on the ships.

Oh Oh Oh Oh ... If anyone i going on a DCL Cruise and sees the pin with Goofy and Ray from Princess and the Frog... Please Please Please buy an extra one for me... I will over trade for it... or just buy it from you...

LOTS of pin trading on the cruise. They had a pin board up a few times a day in the giftshop and most cast members wore lanyards. PLUS there was a special night where the captain and his staff traded and their lanyards had LE's, AP's and just wonderful, wonderful pins. They had NO CLUE what they were trading of course. But it was so much fun!
We did a 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise and the Alaska Cruise. Both on the Wonder. :) Had a blast!!

Forgot to mention... we did FE gift exchanges while on the cruises and ended up getting some great pins from that as well!

MrHappy, because you will be the person going soonest on a cruise from what i see... could you pretty please do like a pin trading review of the cruise after you go on it! You can tell us all your pin experiences on the cruise, also post pictures of cruise exclusive pins! please!

No problem on the info when I get back. I love trading and it sounds like there will be a ton of it so I'll go ahead and bring all my stuff. It being an Alaskan cruise there are only 3 days of ports on a 7 day cruise so trading might be a big part of the trip.

I'll make sure to take pictures of all the pins that they have and let everyone know what I see.

It looks like a lot of people are looking for the Mystery boxes also. I can either get boxes and trade/sell them to you or open them and parse them out. It looks like most are looking for different things so opening them might be the cheapest and most gar that you will get what you want. I a freak and will prob buy 20+ boxes anyways so I'll have a few extras.

FE is Fish Extender right? I am looking forward to trying that. I think you need to post which cruise you're going on first and find people to talk to.

Yes, a Fish Extender. I signed up for ours a month before the cruise and we ended up having 28 rooms (50+ people!) participate. It was super fun! My kids especially had fun delivering all the presents and then coming back to the room to see what they got next! :)

No problem on the info when I get back. I love trading and it sounds like there will be a ton of it so I'll go ahead and bring all my stuff. It being an Alaskan cruise there are only 3 days of ports on a 7 day cruise so trading might be a big part of the trip.

I'll make sure to take pictures of all the pins that they have and let everyone know what I see.

It looks like a lot of people are looking for the Mystery boxes also. I can either get boxes and trade/sell them to you or open them and parse them out. It looks like most are looking for different things so opening them might be the cheapest and most gar that you will get what you want. I a freak and will prob buy 20+ boxes anyways so I'll have a few extras.

I would love to buy or trade a set of the mystery pins, hope you can help me? :)

No problem on getting pins. Just PM me with what you want so I can remember when I go(I have CRS). Let me know if you want closed boxes of Mystery pins or opened and what you would like. I keep the first two for my wife and my collection, but anything extra will be traded. Like I said in another post, I bought 31 boxes of the new Lic Plates and am still missing the RR pin, so I'd love to trade for that, or any of the frames from that set. I am also looking for DSF and CM only pins, but not really picky. I collect everything.

Last edited:

Ah Thanks! I can't wait to here about your trip! Also if you do decide to open up the pins before selling them i am looking for the daisy duck with rapunzel! So excited to hear about your Alaskan experience!!

Last edited:
Fish Extender? What's that? This will be the first time I take a Disney Cruise. We needed to use our DVC points so we thought this would be a great way.

Its really been answered but bear in mind if youa re just cruising then dont take a lot of pins you might get lucky and find another passsenger but mostly its CM's On the dream and I assume tthe fantasy (going in august) they dont have a cart in the atrium. Did on the magic and wonder whhen I went butt dont know now.

Jacqui

I went on the Bahamian cruise last year on the Dream. The cast members had pins, but you had to ask them. The primary place to get the pins from the CM's are in the shops. They may also have a pin book at the guest services desk. There is pin trading with the ship's officers one of the nights and they usually have pretty nice pins for trade. Also, check the gift shops, they sometimes will have baskets of clearance LE pins on the checkout desks.

I'm going to Alaska, so the ship will be the Wonder. It's the only one that does Alaska. I guess it moves over to the West for the Summer. I'm actually figuring that there won't be many kids on board since it is Sept and most are back in school, so I should be able to get a bunch of CM pins pretty easy, if I can find people with them. I'm pretty good and figuring out who has the good ones and hitting them up a few times a day.

I'll make sure to check out the shops first thing when I get there. Someone else said that they might not have many of some stuff so I want to make sure to get everything I want. I'll make sure to look for the basket though to see what I can get.

Thanks all for the info.

Fish Extender? What's that? This will be the first time I take a Disney Cruise. We needed to use our DVC points so we thought this would be a great way.

What great timing! Today is our 120 day mark for our first Disney cruise (4 day, November) and we got our reservations and excursions in at midnight! We're also going on the DVC Member 3 day next January using points for the first time as well. I'll be sure to snap pics and share details as well :D

The "fish extenders" groups are usually formed and listed on the DIS boards and it's where you hang a bag of some sort outside on the fish decorations right next to your door. The host of each group will gather names, cabin numbers and members go around during the cruise to drop off little gifts for each cabin/person. They can be pretty much anything such as keychains, postcards and goodies from your area, handmade stuff like music CDs and etc. If anybody needs more info, I can dig up some links for you :)

Ive heard from CM's that work on the cruises that there is sometimes a pin trading officer. And that his lanyard has pins from all the Disneylands (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, Florida, and California). But please dont get your hopes up, this is something i heard from CM's that have been and worked on the cruises.

From my experience, yes.

I went on the Dream in February last year. The CMs wore pins, but I didn't find anything that interesting. At random times during the evening, they would roll out a 'pin cart' and a trading board in the main center of the ship, although I never made it to it. The last night was 'Officer trading' where I made some good trades. I struck up a conversation with one of the CMs, and then made a bunch of trades as others traded with all the officers standing there! I was also able to buy a few pins from the cart. Keep in mind though, the gift shops are only allowed to open after 6pm, due to law... they are usually open till about 11pm-midnight. They had a nice selection of pins, I got a bunch of Dream exclusive pins, as well as a new pin bag. :)

Vixy, if you go to PinPics and do a pin search, I just checked the bottom box that was Disney Cruise so I could see what was only on the cruises.

As for the pins, this is what I have so far...
8 Rapunzels
5 Up
6 Stitch
2-3 of the rest.

I will be getting about 30 boxes and will be able to trade if I see any on the list to try to fill orders. I know it's still 50 days :) away, but you should get your orders in if you want some out of the boxes.

I can also get boxes just for you and you can take your chances on your own. Just let me know how you want to gamble.

And thanks for all the info. I'll make sure to check out the DIS site for our cruise for the FE.

Yeah the two cruises I went on there wasnt a lot of trading. I mean with CM there is trading but beyond that it is minimal. So i would take some pins but dont expect to find your holy grail or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back