• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Family Series pins

Disney Family Series pins
Okay, I'm going to stir the pot. Snow White is missing, but the seven dwarfs are there.

This one is stinkin' cute!
04095b33350128dd9781606923839386.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Alright, you Internet trolls need to move on from this particular debate. So I offer you this:

05cbc2e4a8423b39757c0d5195db2425.jpg

Style and theming say "Yes."

The fact that it's on a Star Wars branded card and is actually pretty ugly say "No."

Haha.

cc: @mybabykelly
Jawaaaaas, yayyyy!
Hideous addition, nooooooooooo!!!

Jawaaaaas, yayyyy!
Hideous addition, nooooooooooo!!!

Hahaha.

My biggest questions are: Is this a token "Star Wars" pin in this series? Are they going to do a whole SW subseries? How long until we see Marvel, then?

But also ... It's cool for people who love/collect different IPs to get in on this racket. However, I do wish Disney could FOCUS a bit, especially since these are OE and not an announced series of "X number of pins." I don't want to be sitting here in 5 years wondering when another Disney Animation pin is going to come out or if they've pooped out on the series without doing allllll the movies or if they just aren't finished yet. Ha.

Alright, you Internet trolls need to move on from this particular debate. So I offer you this:

05cbc2e4a8423b39757c0d5195db2425.jpg

Style and theming say "Yes."

The fact that it's on a Star Wars branded card and is actually pretty ugly say "No."

Haha.

cc: @mybabykelly
I LOVE IT!!

Yes... agree I love this one too!

Of course adding it to the collection is not justifiable since I routinely state I only collect droids, Rey and Leia... but it will likely end up in the collection (maybe when Disney marks it down to 4.98 on shopdisney.)

And BTW... all secondary/supporting characters. Not a main character to be seen on this pin.

And... released a week before the one family themed PTE at WDW... I think Disney is figuratively 'poking a stick' at us pin traders.

Of course, we will get one of these for each SWs movie (this one is from 'A New Hope'.) And no doubt Marvel is next. Calling it!

So is the Marvel one going to only have side characters? Who would that even be?

To avoid the rights issues (much as I'd love a Darcy, Erik Selvig, Luis, Wong & Jimmy Woo pin lol), I'd guess animal sidekicks like Goose, Cosmo and Lucky. And of course Alligator Loki. :D
That's a good perspective - I kinda like the idea of a sidekicks Marvel pin. I'm at a loss as to who the sidekick non-animal characters for the Marvel Universe; isn't pretty much everyone a "main character" at one point or another in their respective movies or shows?

To avoid the rights issues (much as I'd love a Darcy, Erik Selvig, Luis, Wong & Jimmy Woo pin lol), I'd guess animal sidekicks like Goose, Cosmo and Lucky. And of course Alligator Loki. :D
That's a good perspective - I kinda like the idea of a sidekicks Marvel pin. I'm at a loss as to who the sidekick non-animal characters for the Marvel Universe; isn't pretty much everyone a "main character" at one point or another in their respective movies or shows?
Don't forget Coulson! Love him!

Don't forget Coulson! Love him!

He was the lead in his own show. I think that disqualifies him as supporting. :) (Sadly, this disqualifies my dear Bucky, too, as he was title character for a film and co-starred in his own show.)

There are a ton of supporting characters in the MCU multiverse besides those I mentioned above though - huge casts of them in fact - from Happy & Ned & MJ & Flash in the Spider-Man films to Everett Ross, Shuri, Nakia, Okoye, Ayo and Queen Ramonda plus others in Black Panther. Oh, and speaking of Marvel Nakias... there's also Ms. Marvel's friend Nakia, too, who is supporting along with Bruno and Kamala's entire family! Supporting characters in other films would include Odin, Frigga, Heimdall, the Lady Sif & The Warriors Three from the Thor films, Peggy Carter & Sharon Carter from the Cap films, Yondu from Guardians, etc. Honestly, they could do an entire series of these for Marvel just grouping by "families"!

And then there are some supporting sidekicks (original/non-variant Loki, Zemo, Shades, Trevor Slattery, etc.) that people initially confuse with being villains but really aren't. ;)

Too many characters for pin possibilities = reasons why my Marvel collection exploded lol. I still need to narrow it down and hold a sale of extras/non-keepers soon. Anyone looking for Marvel pins? lol

Yes... agree I love this one too!

Of course adding it to the collection is not justifiable since I routinely state I only collect droids, Rey and Leia... but it will likely end up in the collection (maybe when Disney marks it down to 4.98 on shopdisney.)

And BTW... all secondary/supporting characters. Not a main character to be seen on this pin.

And... released a week before the one family themed PTE at WDW... I think Disney is figuratively 'poking a stick' at us pin traders.

Of course, we will get one of these for each SWs movie (this one is from 'A New Hope'.) And no doubt Marvel is next. Calling it!
Yes, I want 8 more pins to represent 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 and 9. I’ll take RO and S too.

Back