• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Hopefully. Mall security let 7 people who claimed to be workers INSIDE THE MALL THROUGH A SECURITY ENTRANCE!!!!!! They had their cars parked there and security did NOT consider they were trespassing!!!!!

Hopefully. Mall security let 7 people who claimed to be workers INSIDE THE MALL THROUGH A SECURITY ENTRANCE!!!!!! They had their cars parked there and security did NOT consider they were trespassing!!!!!

Ok. This is INSANE and CRAZY. Really people go in line 20 hours before for the DOLLS?
They're beautiful and great but... THEY ARE JUST DOLLS!
Disney make a BAD choice to release the last 5 dolls together. =(
Now i am sad and scared just for all the stupid facebook page. I hate all this history. Its REALLY INSANE.
In the world people die for food or don't have a home and all U.S. stay in line hours and hours for what?? Dolls??
I am so sad.

I starting hate all this history.

According to a lot of people on Facebook, "eBayers" are first in their various lines, and people are getting annoyed by it. Maybe those people should've tried to get there before the eBayers? You can't get mad at the people who made that extra effort to get there super early, whether they're eBay sellers or Collectors. That's what I think anyways.

Best of luck everyone!

I arrived at my mall at 5:30 thinking I would get to the mall well before the doors opened...little did I know they decided to open the mall early for the dolls and started letting people in at 5:00. My sister and I are now 70 and 71 in line. . We are going to wait it out but it's not looking good. So sad.

That's awful.

As for the ebayers. They know the concept Of supply and demand. They will do what it takes to make the absolute profit.

Message me if anyone is nervous and needs someone to talk to.

I GOT THEM I GOT THEM!!!
I arrived at oxford street (london) at 430am this morning, there were 3 guys who had been there all eveing into the night. No one else arrived for a good hour and it wasnt till about 6 30 ish when the que started building up! there was propbly about 30 people in line, the store was really well orginsed issuing tickets and with a closed off area for the dolls and a set que line. the manager came out early to talk with everyone in the que telling us the amounts of each doll in stock (being between 23 and 30) but that they had 75 of Rapunzel :shock: everyone in line got at least one doll, and when everyone was inside they still had tickets left for punzel!!
Everyone was really lovely it was a cold but nice morning and im just so pleased my dolls are beautifull, I was even able to check them all over and swap a few that werent perfect!!

Good luck everyone!! hope you get what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Congrats, but this thread is too quiet. Dollmageddon should be starting... right about... NOW.

Rage?

DH got to the mall at 4:15AM was told by security that no one was allowed on the property till 7:00 am. He drove around to see if other cars were parked around the corner and indeed there were.
When he went back to the mall same security turned him away. He convinced the security guard to go and check if other people were already standing in front of the door and surprise they were. He is 17th in line and hope to get Rapunzel at least! Disney even has another security guard set up in front of the door, why aren't the communicating?

I've been waiting outside of the mall since 3:30 and there was already 23 people waiting ahead of me. They started a sign in sheet and are actually signing up. There is someone who has a stroller and someone pregnant waiting in line! I really hope that whatever happened at the store in London where they had bunch of dolls in enough for everyone who showed up. They're all talking about that the store has gotten more of the dolls in stock so hopefully everyone here will get something! Some people have arrived after me and is sticking it out til they hand out tickets! Hope everyone else is having better luck wherever they're trying!

Somebody in line stated they took pictures of a cast member taking dolls home last night already! Hope that wasn't true! What a nightmare this turned out!

I am scared. The mall security guards AND the mall security office is defending the resellers erm sorry..."workers".
Saying they are "working"
B******!
They told us that they had been waiting two hours when we saw them at 10:23pm and that they were getting all 5 doll each 7 people. 5 dolls each.
That's probably 90% of the store stock GONE.

Luckily I have allied with some very nice people.

Ugh freaking out. I know I can get rap n jas but I don't think I'm far enough up for the other 3. I was #13 but 3 people were somehow in here before everyone. Ugh so nervous.

I don't see the problem with a cm buying these first. Employees always have gotten benefits, and dolls are no different.

Good luck to all who are in any position to get the dolls at retail. My 2 chances blew up in my face tonight. I went to the SF store at 1am and there were 20+ people already camped out (this store is not a mall store, but has an external entryway to the street). So I tried the local mall store in Colma and all seemed well until a boatload of people set up camp between 4-5am, even though they were not to set up a line until 6am. There were also over 20 people waiting, and this store is not likely to have received much stock. I can't say if these people were eBayers or collectors, but I know that security was not going to do anything. I guess it's online or bust for me for the final 5... I really feel like I wasted my time and energy.

Shivatopia, stay positive ... Maybe we have the same luck as tankgitl_13 and they have more in stock! If not we still have online!
Good good luck!

I wanted to send a little pixie dust to everyone...I am actually the first person in line here at the Disney store. I got to the mall at 12:15am and the mall doors opened at 7am. People began lining up about 3am at the door....the Disney staff has been wonderful and they have twice as many dolls as before....don't give up we are a small store and they have dolls......good luck and pixie dust.....I am in texas

UPDATE from So. Cal (Riverside mall): Okay, I was planning not to go there til 3 am but decided to go early (and brought a friend). We saw 40 adults - all in lawn chairs - already waiting outside the one entrance the Disney Store told me to wait by. I called DS last night before closing and was told they have between 8 and 22 of each doll/princess. So, my friend waited in line while I went to ask each of the others what doll(s) they were getting. And, of course, they each said all 5 of them (or whatever they could get that was left).

So, no luck here I will try online next.

Congratulations to London for managing the doll distribution so well! It's amazing how many Rapunzel dolls they had, but then again there are only a couple of stores in London that are selling them in the whole of the country, right?

Shivatopia, stay positive ... Maybe we have the same luck as tankgitl_13 and they have more in stock! If not we still have online!
Good good luck!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! However, I already threw in the towel at the retail stores. So for me, it's online! At least I already got my ultimate fave, Snow White. She is the one who matters the most to me. Perhaps this is my wake-up call to get off my duff and design and sew my own versions of the final 5.

I'm 19 in line and was only able to get rapunzel and jasmine. Only had 15-18 of tiana Aurora and pocahontas. 29 of the other 2.

that would make since that it would be harder to get Aurora, Pocahontas and Tiana since they are LE 4000 and the stores would have gotten less of them than the other 2

Status
Not open for further replies.