• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017
New Belle LA dolls is an exciting prospect, especially if there is a human Beast in the offering, since I know a lot of people expected and wanted one this past release. Although I am very curious to see what other dolls are released next year! (Even if, like may of you, I've all but given up hope of getting a Mulan doll)

Yup, giving up home for a Mulan doll, unless they have a Live Action Mulan film, please please please, with a CHINESE actress. Zhang Ziyi, Michelle Yeoh, Ming Na Wen, any of them would be great.

*sighs wistfully at the thought of Mulan and/or Pocahontas dolls* But in the land of plausibility, Snow White is having a big anniversary next year, so we'll probably see something for that. Man I'd love an extravagant Evil Queen! Unfortunately no one seems to know for sure which movie will get a Signature release next year. But whatever it is, we might see doll(s) for that. Plus there's the D23 expo, so you know there's going to be a flood of LE merch! Perhaps we should be grateful for the silence while it lasts X)

Maybe we are gonna have a LE mulan on 2018 when the movie comes out...next year could be snow white though I wonder about her attire

Considering that today we did get an announcement that the Mulan live action remake from Disney is coming out in late 2018, I do certainly hope we get a Mulan doll in the next few years.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disneys-live-action-mulan-gets-934976

If we do get a doll, it will probably be a live action doll for this new movie, but HOPEFULLY Disney uses this opportunity to actually make an animated doll of her sometime in the next two years. Heck I could even see them doing it next year where its a D23 year. All they have to do is make it a low LE number and she will sell. I keep telling myself to give up hope, but it seems like I regain a little bit of optimism every year lol.

Bumping this up since we are less than 2 months away from the new year. Hopefully, the new year will bring us information about the 17" Live Action Beauty & the Beast Dolls, especially since the movie is being released in March 2017.

Bumping this up since we are less than 2 months away from the new year. Hopefully, the new year will bring us information about the 17" Live Action Beauty & the Beast Dolls, especially since the movie is being released in March 2017.

I cant wait to see LA belle! Do you think shes gonna do better than LA cinderella or LA alice?

Well it's a given she'll do better than Alice, BatB will always sell well. I can imagine Belle selling better than Cinderella because of her higher popularity, but then again the Cinderella movie really stole people's hearts - so maybe they'll be about even? Gosh I hope they do a doll for the Beast, the promo shots of him are incredible!

Well it's a given she'll do better than Alice, BatB will always sell well. I can imagine Belle selling better than Cinderella because of her higher popularity, but then again the Cinderella movie really stole people's hearts - so maybe they'll be about even? Gosh I hope they do a doll for the Beast, the promo shots of him are incredible!
yeah I think so too. my husband doesn't want to buy any live action but we will see if I will like the look of this belle

I finally paid for shipping for my shanghai snow white! I cant wait for it to be shipped. this doll drives me crazy and stressed. I cant wait for it to reach my hands! I hope she looks so much better in person though I like what I am seeing now!

I think LA Belle will do in-between LA Aiice and LA Cinderella.

I'm not sure how many people feel the way I do (that Emma Watson doesn't look anything like animated Belle, or even like a natural brunette - like, her facial features seem not that common among brunettes, and definitely aren't a match for Belle's) but I have heard others saying that sentiment too. For that reason, even though I love Belle, I will probably not get her doll.

I like Emma as Hermione and might like a nice doll of that, but I really wanted a Belle-looking Belle. And an LE LA Beast? Hm, I think interest might be similar to LE LA Hatter.

I for one am dying to get an Emma Watson Belle, love Hermione and the actress as well. I would love a Beast as well, bring it all!

I absolutely love Emma Watson as an actress and as Hermoine I think she will be a great Belle and her doll will be great as well. I wonder if we will get the blue dress belle or the yellow dress as the standard 17" Belle

Last edited:
I think the selling of the doll will depend on how closely the doll resembles "Belle" vs. Emma Watson. Hopefully she doesn't have a sour face like a lot of the promotional pictures have been showing Emma.

Emma's acting in the most recent trailer was a little off putting at times, but I do think her dolls are going to look gorgeous. They really seem to be putting a lot of work into putting some serious variety in her wardrobe. If anything I can see several people in the OOAK doll community buying her dolls for customs.

31644795805_20d5f5b0a2_z_d.jpg

Might not not be the right thread, but the Minnie releases in January.

Here's an image I found online of Belle's Dress and Beast's top. I think the details are really simple and subtle, but I also think they went this direction just because her animated dress is so hard to make look really pretty in my opinion. When making 3+ dresses you have to have a design that is easy to replicate, and keeping those gathers the exact same in every dress would have been a nightmare. A single thread could pop and throw the entire skirt off. I think the dress will translate well into an LE doll :D

15621661_10104679294717797_9188896458123349811_n.jpg

I personally won't be getting the LA Belle and Beast because I have no more rooms for dolls but Disney tends to make the LA dolls more detailed than the animated. I have both Alice platinum and Beauty and the Beast animated platinum and I am always amazed at how much details the Mad Hatter set has vs the Beauty and the Beast animated. I understand people who don't think Emma Watson looks like a Belle but I don't think we need to worry about her doll. I fully expect it to be super detailed.

As a fan of BATB and proud owner of the BATB Platinum Set (thank you sis!), I think I will be passing on the Live Action Belle. We simply do not have any more room to store the dolls

I am more interested in seeing how they pull off the likeness for Emma Watson. To my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong) there really hasn't been a doll of an Emma Watson character that has REALLY managed to look like her. I am hoping the Disney Store can pull it off. If anything it will convince people to do some Hermione OOAK dolls! :lol:

I am more interested in seeing how they pull off the likeness for Emma Watson. To my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong) there really hasn't been a doll of an Emma Watson character that has REALLY managed to look like her. I am hoping the Disney Store can pull it off. If anything it will convince people to do some Hermione OOAK dolls! :lol:

I think Mattel's Hermione doll was very well made. Emma's likeness was spot on!

I think Mattel's Hermione doll was very well made. Emma's likeness was spot on!
I looked up the doll you were talking about and I will admit that it is a pretty adorable likeness! In terms of the more mature grown up Emma Watson though, I think there has been some gorgeous dolls but none of them have truly captured her likeness in my opinion.

I looked up the doll you were talking about and I will admit that it is a pretty adorable likeness! In terms of the more mature grown up Emma Watson though, I think there has been some gorgeous dolls but none of them have truly captured her likeness in my opinion.
Yeah she was only a teenager as opposed to her age now.

ill post this pic incase anyone else was interested. She's a pretty pricey doll.

$_1.JPG

4884328112_4c0d810dde_b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back