• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Tsum Tsum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Tsum Tsum
Weirdly enough there is no picture revealing what the first March tsum tsum set will be. There is only one for the Star Wars tsums. Guess we will have to wait till the Star Wars release to find out.

IKR? LOL, it was the only reason I got online this morning, to check and see what next month's release would be... and, well, to make sure Disney didn't release kitty tsums secretly here in the States. But I was bummed they stayed hush-hush about March.

If the movie does end up being good tho I don't count on merch lasting long after its release DX. People are very hesitant about this movie I noticed. I remember more people being eager to buy Inside Out merch before the movie for instance, but maybe that was because of Pixar fans/the concept?

I've noticed this too. Maybe because these are animal characters and not people characters? But it's probably a multitude of reasons all piled up to make it more obvious, like the quantity this release, Star Wars tsums being released so soon behind the Zootopia release, Valentine's Day... little things all stacked up in the same month. ;)

The first set for March will be tangled.

OH! Source?

Does it seem strange that on release days you can only order a max of 2 (for each character), but today that restriction is gone?

Star Wars Tsum Tsum is discussed on the Yahoo front page.

Last edited:
Does it seem strange that on release days you can only order a max of 2 (for each character), but today that restriction is gone?

Star Wars Tsum Tsum is discussed on the Yahoo front page.

It's the same way in stores. And you can not call and place them on hold on release day. It's to help make sure collectors get a chance before scalpers buy them out. Sets where selling out within the first hour of opening at my store for a while. I think dianey is making more of each tsum now, my store is getting more than before.

So does anyone think the Star Wars tsums will sell out? I mean I know we are talking about STAR WARS here but Disney seems to be promoting these the same way they did the Marvels tsums, meaning they will be their own separate series and mass produced.

f3d9d9ab09c1bd91276c5f5fed0ae9f0f46cfc27.jpg

So does anyone think the Star Wars tsums will sell out? I mean I know we are talking about STAR WARS here but Disney seems to be promoting these the same way they did the Marvels tsums, meaning they will be their own separate series and mass produced.

It's dependent on whether or not Disney has committed themselves to the exact same number of tsum productions for each character. If each character is guaranteed the same production quantity then no, I don't think all of the SW characters will sell out.

Now, if Disney has taken into account what characters sell out before others and they reduce the number of tsum productions on the less popular, then yes, I think the entire set will sell out. But Disney paid a lot of money to own Star Wars so I don't think they'll use this projection scale at all, LOL.

imho, Darth Vader will sell out for sure and maybe R2D2 and C3PO, but I bet Fett, Leia and Hans don't. Probably not Wicket either. It'll be fun to see who's left at the end.

Last edited:
Vader, Yoda, Chewbacca, and Wicket (and maybe the stormtrooper) will do brisk sales at the parks, I'll bet. R2D2 seems to be more popular overall than C3PO, so he'll probably go first of the droids. Han will sell well because of Force Awakens.

I'm sad that there's no Salacious Crumb to go with Jabba...

*sighs* I was so good about avoiding the vinyls until now. Of course most of the Inside Out ones are lucky/super lucky...gonna have to hunt for those.

This first set of Star Wars tsums is to be the "always available" set. Like the standard Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Chip/Dale/Winnie/Tigger/Marie/Dumbo/etc. (and now the expressions versions of those characters) so even if they sell out at first there will be constant restocks for quite a while to come. It's like The Avengers set (plus Spider-Man) for Marvel. Those mostly sold out at my store when they launched but never sold out online as they're the "always available" set. Meanwhile, Guardians was supposed to be a one off set but they obviously way overestimated how popular the set would be and manufactured wayyyy too many (which better than manufacturing way too few like with Peter Pan) so they've also yet to sell out online and they've even been sending restocks to some stores which my store told me was not supposed to happen.

But don't worry about the Star Wars set (this initial one I mean, I do believe the movie specific sets will be limited). I'm still going to get them all day one from my store because although the Avengers keep getting restocked it's never the same characters at the same time and I've only seen a Black Widow restock ONCE. So if you want them all, or even specific characters, best to get them the first day, at least at brick and mortar stores, just in case!

It's dependent on whether or not Disney has committed themselves to the exact same number of tsum productions for each character. If each character is guaranteed the same production quantity then no, I don't think all of the SW characters will sell out.

Now, if Disney has taken into account what characters sell out before others and they reduce the number of tsum productions on the less popular, then yes, I think the entire set will sell out. But Disney paid a lot of money to own Star Wars so I don't think they'll use this projection scale at all, LOL.

imho, Darth Vader will sell out for sure and maybe R2D2 and C3PO, but I bet Fett, Leia and Hans don't. Probably not Wicket either. It'll be fun to see who's left at the end.

This first set of Star Wars tsums is to be the "always available" set. Like the standard Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Chip/Dale/Winnie/Tigger/Marie/Dumbo/etc. (and now the expressions versions of those characters) so even if they sell out at first there will be constant restocks for quite a while to come. It's like The Avengers set (plus Spider-Man) for Marvel. Those mostly sold out at my store when they launched but never sold out online as they're the "always available" set. Meanwhile, Guardians was supposed to be a one off set but they obviously way overestimated how popular the set would be and manufactured wayyyy too many (which better than manufacturing way too few like with Peter Pan) so they've also yet to sell out online and they've even been sending restocks to some stores which my store told me was not supposed to happen.

But don't worry about the Star Wars set (this initial one I mean, I do believe the movie specific sets will be limited). I'm still going to get them all day one from my store because although the Avengers keep getting restocked it's never the same characters at the same time and I've only seen a Black Widow restock ONCE. So if you want them all, or even specific characters, best to get them the first day, at least at brick and mortar stores, just in case!

Thank you all for the responses. Part of me felt like this set would have a consistent stock but the future prequel and possible Force Awakens sets will be more limited. I figured I would ask anyways! :)

Also, my Wal-Mart SuperStore in my tiny little town is actually getting tsum tsums now! They had the basic Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, etc and several of the Little Mermaid set. They also have been getting the small vinyl figures for a while now. I managed to pick up one of the Donalds I have been wanting for a while. It feels so good to know that I don't have to drive to the mall 30 minutes away from me to see tsum tsums for sale!

EDIT: I just hope they get the Alice in Wonderland set in soon. All I want is the Cheshire Cat and Alice and no store ive been to seems to have them.

Last edited:

Do you know where you found the info stating this first set of Star Wars tsums will be the standard and available for awhile? When I checked the official Star Wars website, it doesn't mention this as being always available and when I checked the Yahoo page, it specifically says the Star Wars set release for Feb 16th is for a limited time only. Of course, this set very well could be around for awhile like Mickey, or make a comeback at a later date through secondary retail chains, but I wouldn't want anyone to miss out if this is not to be, or has not been specifically stated to the public somewhere. :)

Heard it directly from the cast members at my Disney Store (whom I trust as they know me by name since I shop there so much and I'm even friends on Facebook with one of them). Still though, yes, absolutely buy them right away so you're guaranteed the ones you want/a full set if you want the full set because even with restocks it's totally random what they get in! But I think they'll be available online for a while.

As for the newest TTT release, Zootopia, I got them all and absolutely LOVE them (I think animal characters translate better to these things than humans do) and I find it extremely interesting that Flash the Sloth sold out almost right away while every other character is still available. Based on what my DS had in the giant tubs of tsums on the TTT release they did make fewer of Flash but about the same amount of him as nearly ever other character (only Judy, Nick, and Gazelle had larger/more filled tubs than all the other characters). I think the popularity of Flash is due to the HILARIOUS trailer he's featured in making him the most "known" character from the film. I think that once the film is out you'll see the set start to sell out rather quickly so get the ones you want while you can before it's too late!

I know the major topic this month is about Star Wars (and boy oh boy am I excited for them!), but what do you guys think of the Birthday Tsums? Today I bought Minnie because after a few days I just couldn't resist how cute she was, but I'm really surprised both of them are still available after the Valentine's couple sold out so soon last month.

Maybe Disney made extra stock of them to last all year? I'm not sure, but regardless I think they're both adorable. :)

I know the major topic this month is about Star Wars (and boy oh boy am I excited for them!), but what do you guys think of the Birthday Tsums? Today I bought Minnie because after a few days I just couldn't resist how cute she was, but I'm really surprised both of them are still available after the Valentine's couple sold out so soon last month.

Maybe Disney made extra stock of them to last all year? I'm not sure, but regardless I think they're both adorable. :)

I think they made quite a few more birthday tsums than the valentine's ones since all the stores got them instead of just online like the valentine's. My store still has a few of the birthday ones left and we received around 25 of each. I wonder if they are not selling as well as expected.

Star Wars isn't my thing, but I LOVE the birthday tsums! Their outfits look kind of circus/clowny to me. (I love Mickey's suspenders!) If I make it to the Disney Store this week and they're still available, I will definitely get one of each.

It seems some people have seen Tangled set on their stores: Rapunzel, Flyn, Mother Gothel, Max, Pascal and Pascal with dress. Also someone has told those leaked rabbit tsum will be our Easter set (Mickey, Minnie, Eeyore and Pooh) and they will come in a basket ($34,99 I think she said). Not sure if that "basket" will be indeed a carrier bag as Olaf or Stitch or something more similar to last JP bags...
I really would prefer a Tangled bag :-( I don't won't to get a set just for Minnie and then look for home for the other three... Maybe I won't if I don't like the bag, the. i will try to trade or buy just Minnie (but that's difficult because most people prefer to split in pairs...). On the other hand I'm not a big fan of that Leaked Easter Minnie, hope the final tsum will be better....

It seems some people have seen Tangled set on their stores: Rapunzel, Flyn, Mother Gothel, Max, Pascal and Pascal with dress. Also someone has told those leaked rabbit tsum will be our Easter set (Mickey, Minnie, Eeyore and Pooh) and they will come in a basket ($34,99 I think she said). Not sure if that "basket" will be indeed a carrier bag as Olaf or Stitch or something more similar to last JP bags...
I really would prefer a Tangled bag :-( I don't won't to get a set just for Minnie and then look for home for the other three... Maybe I won't if I don't like the bag, the. i will try to trade or buy just Minnie (but that's difficult because most people prefer to split in pairs...). On the other hand I'm not a big fan of that Leaked Easter Minnie, hope the final tsum will be better....

I wonder how people are already seeing them in store? Is there a small advertisement for them or do they just have them on display? I figured someone would have put pictures of them online by now...

There isn't any advertisement or display for the tangled tsums yet. But stores have them in Stock backstage already so cast members have seen them.

From @tsumtsumjapan on Instagram

Ca3JfwNUkAA-naD.jpg

This new box set will be release in Kyoto, on March 10th, in the opening of the new DisneyStore.

Of course, I'm going to buy the box because I need that Minnie :p
Anyone in Kyoto who can pickup one for me? Does someone know a seller? I would appreciate any info or contact or something :-D

FOR YOU :-D

I have just saw the picture and I was to send you a picture :-D :-D :-D
It's a perfect box, really. And even better: I don't need it :p

Haha yes!!!

Although a little sad it's not Dumbo...my grandma would've had 4 perfect tsum tsum months! LOL

I missed all of the lion knig and zootopia tsums...so this is great for me!

Haha! I definitely think that the Leaked Timothy is gonna be exclusive. BUT! I was right you CAN still order subs today! So if it gets leaked my boyfriend gave me permission to order a set for you to his house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back