• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore.com pin releases, week of 2/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore.com pin releases, week of 2/13

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Still no new sneak peeks from our daily searches. Will anything be released tonight? Here is this week's thread for discussion about DisneyStore.com's new pin releases for the week of February 13, 2011!

dance_bandwagon.gif

Since I have been only doing this for a year or so, I have to ask, do pins show up unannounced on the website without any form of a sneak peek, i.e. no one knew of it until that Monday morning?

Occasionally the sneak peek finders miss a pin or two, but it has never been like this. We are either going to see a wave of pins we have never seen before, or there will be nothing tonight.

Im hoping for the st patricks day stitch as going off pinpics for the releases of previous years its between this weeks and the week after (Well I hope so anyway)

I have a bad feeling that they are trying to cut out ds.com pins which is really sad! :( I would not be surprised to not see much of anything anymore. I HOPE that is not the case though as even though i am not doing much pin buying like that right now it has always been my #1 source for pins.

I will wait up just to see what is going to happen tonight.

lol, doubt they'll be cutting out pins on DS.com

Do you realize how much they profit from these scraps of metal? It makes me sick hahaha

I don't think they are cutting them out entirely, but cutting back most likely. There were quite a few styles and sets that were on deep discount when the sale came around. I think it would be better for them to only releasing one to three pins a week so the market isn't over saturated as it is now.

HAHA! No, I don't mean that they will never release pins again, just that they may be really cutting them out as far as releasing every single week. A while back we were getting such huge releases every single week between a set, a jumbo and a series which usually had 6 pins in it to now only getting a couple of pins at a time. I miss that! :D They had so many things have to be marked down in the last sale even with them cutting back on releases recently so I am sure they are rethinking how many pins to be releasing at a time.

I was just thinking today that is has been so long since a set has sold out right away and sets used to go really fast for the most part. I personally contribute it to not so interesting designs but that could easily be fixed...lol I can think of some great pin artists for them. ;)

Anyway, just blabbing. I really hope to see pins still coming out fairly often but I don't know that we will keep seeing weekly releases or if we do it will not be more than one or two pins.

You know it really seems like they are slacking with pin news everywhere. First no sneak peeks and then no February date for DLR PTN? It's making me really sad.

Not until after 12:00 AM Pacific time...probably will get some inkling by 12:30AM ... maybe 1AM ... although there have been a few times when they didn't show until much later. Once it was 24 hours late and we did have an unexpected Wednesday night release one time...

HAHA! No, I don't mean that they will never release pins again, just that they may be really cutting them out as far as releasing every single week. A while back we were getting such huge releases every single week between a set, a jumbo and a series which usually had 6 pins in it to now only getting a couple of pins at a time. I miss that! :D They had so many things have to be marked down in the last sale even with them cutting back on releases recently so I am sure they are rethinking how many pins to be releasing at a time.

I was just thinking today that is has been so long since a set has sold out right away and sets used to go really fast for the most part. I personally contribute it to not so interesting designs but that could easily be fixed...lol I can think of some great pin artists for them. ;)

Anyway, just blabbing. I really hope to see pins still coming out fairly often but I don't know that we will keep seeing weekly releases or if we do it will not be more than one or two pins.

Yea, they're not going to limit pins on DS.com at all. They make so much money off of pins it's insane. The weeks after a sale are usually slow and the sales are always steep.

And DS.com knows what sells since Tink, Stitch, Jessica are in every set.

Last edited:
Yea, they're not going to limit pins on DS.com at all. They make so much money off of pins it's insane. The weeks after a sale are usually slow and the sales are always steep.

And DS.com knows what sells since Tink, Stitch, Jessica are in every set.

I am going to have to disagree with you. They have already cut back on the number of pins released. This happened well before the sale. Last big week was probably the one when the Tron pins came out back in December.

Does this mean they are ending Disneystore.com exclusive pins? I doubt it. But it does look like they are cutting back, at least for awhile. We will see if new sneak peeks are found in the near future.

As far as I am concerned, them cutting back is fine. Let's hope they start to work on quality over quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back