• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
I plan to leave the house by 3. >_>;

To be fair it's an hour drive, store is in Modesto and I live in the foothills.

I just hope I succeed. :( Worried about scalpers and a visit to the mall this morning was less than enlightening. Gah.

I plan to leave the house by 3. >_>;

To be fair it's an hour drive, store is in Modesto and I live in the foothills.

I just hope I succeed. :( Worried about scalpers and a visit to the mall this morning was less than enlightening. Gah.

I doubt anyone else would go to the mall at that time in the morning, and it's also going to be cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt anyone else would go to the mall at that time in the morning, and it's also going to be cold.

Perhaps, but I'd rather be there unreasonably early and feel stupid than go at a reasonable time and miss out. :D

Also the cold never bothered me anyway. ;) (Really, I've always gotten crap for wearing t-shirts and sandals well into winter and not even owning a coat. XD)

Perhaps, but I'd rather be there unreasonably early and feel stupid than go at a reasonable time and miss out. :D

Also the cold never bothered me anyway. ;) (Really, I've always gotten crap for wearing t-shirts and sandals well into winter and not even owning a coat. XD)

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who buy the le dolls at the Disney store in fashion Faire mall are scalpers though.

Which is what I'm afraid of and all the more reason to be there early. >_<; I don't have a choice on where to go, the vintage faire one is the only one in reasonable driving distance.

I'm slightly worried about scalpers. When the Disney store was having Frozen merchandise every Saturday morning, I arrived at 9, and I was about maybe 5th or 4th in line, somewhere around there. And this was during the frozen doll shortage, now things have died down a bit so I'm not that worried.

This for me is when first come first served brings out scalpers as its not just about being lucky with the raffle. I'm still unsure what to do. The only store release I've ever been to was when me and my husband travelled to London for the remaining designer dolls in 2011. I've booked the day off work just in case, how do people find the store releases for the UK?

I was in my nearest store on Tuesday and was going to ask a couple of questions but it was just so busy with it being half term. I might call them tomorrow to see if they know how many dolls they'll be getting.

I'm slightly worried about scalpers. When the Disney store was having Frozen merchandise every Saturday morning, I arrived at 9, and I was about maybe 5th or 4th in line, somewhere around there. And this was during the frozen doll shortage, now things have died down a bit so I'm not that worried.

There are always going to be a few scalpers at these kinds of things, and I think they will be targeting the Elsa doll specifically, but I don't think they will be a big problem. Frozen stuff still sells very well, but things have changed a lot since the stock shortages happened. Then there is the fact that while Frozen Fever merch is popular, the standard original versions of the characters still do better by comparison. I wouldn't worry about it. Just get there early and you will be fine. :)

guys UK website has problems,after checkout there is error ''page not found'' everybody in FB group says same, I though it was just for me but other users have same problem. I would die if this error will not be fixed.

I'm with you, I always feel stupid for arriving so early, but it's better than not getting the doll at all! Of course, by a strange twist of fate, it appears that it won't actually be all that cold where I live on Tuesday, if the weathermen are to be believed that is...

I'm with you, I always feel stupid for arriving so early, but it's better than not getting the doll at all! Of course, by a strange twist of fate, it appears that it won't actually be all that cold where I live on Tuesday, if the weathermen are to be believed that is...

Considering it's still a couple days away, it's too soon to tell if the weather will stay nice or not. Best just to wait for the day before to check the weather, that should give the most accurate forecast.

In Fresno it will be about 62 degrees on Tuesday, so it'll be cold in the morning. Hopefully enough to keep some scalpers away.

Had another dream that I got Anna, I think I'm not gonna sleep easy until I have her!
Much better dream than mine. I dreamed with a 12ft (maybe longer) snake. Scary! lol Very anxious for this release but the outcome is out of my control. So I'm telling myself to just enjoy the ride. :)

Last edited:
I called two of the stores that are within driving distance (about 40 miles) of me to find out if they could give me any info on the dolls and confirm they'd have them all. I have really been left with little hope. The first store I called had no idea about the Frozen Fever dolls and told me the dolls would be raffled. I told her I knew they did that with the designer dolls, but I didn't think they did that with the 17" dolls. She told me these dolls coming out were considered designer. I told her I knew Anna & Kristoff were, but didn't think the Frozen Fever were. That's when I found out she had no clue what I was talking about. She had to ask to confirm they'd get all dolls only did that at my repeated request. She told me to call the mall office to find out what time they let people in, and she had no clue how the line would work. The other store I called was friendlier and the guy knew about the dolls. He warned me Tuesday was going to be a busy day with all the releases and normally people don't line up. They just gather around the store and pile in. (Animals... :( )He wished me good luck on getting what I wanted and hung up.

I knew things were going to be bad, but now I have very little hope. I think I may get Anna and Kristoff, but really doubt this drive will pay off on the FF dolls. I'm not a crowd shoving kind of person. I also still have no clue which store to go to. Neither told me how many dolls they were going to have. Ah well... there's always online, if nothing goes wrong. I tried logging on Friday and kept getting told my login was wrong, but I knew it wasn't because it was saved in my browser, and even after keying it in it didn't work (using different browsers too). I thought it was a glitch, but kept up for over a day, so I ended up having to reset my info. CS had no clue what was going on and just told me to reset. Weird and I hope not a bad sign of things to come.

Last edited:
I called the disney store closest to me to see how many Elsa dolls they'll have. The person I talked to said they have no info on the dolls even though I called on Thursday and the worker talked to her manager and said they will have the dolls, but they don't know when/ how many. So she told me to call tomorrow since they will know for sure... Boy does this thing have me stressed.

It could just be that the weekend staff doesn't really know much about the dolls, since they're not there during the weekday madness of the releases, and it's just random draw that you get someone on the phone who has actually worked a release day before. That's the primary reason I'm waiting for tomorrow morning to call my store and find out what's what.

I think what's happening here is Disney not wanting information getting out.

Also, there's no way they're gonna raffle the 17" dolls, so I would have have thanked that cast member and hung up right away!

I myself ended up going to the disneystore last night and the cast member said that she didn't know how many they were going to get and that they might get them on Tuesday. As soon as she said that I thanked her and walked out. I seriously doubt Disney would ship these dolls so that they'd arrive before 10 am on Tuesday.

So either weekend employees don't know what's going on, or Disney wants to keep the doll number information hidden.

Also, keep in mind it's tsum tsum tsuesday too, so you'll have to deal with that crowd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are officially 17 hours away from November 3rd! Is anyone else having a panic attack lol.
Yes I am!! Lol since my designer Elsa seems to be stuck in transit with no info on her arrival date I am worried about getting these dolls online Tuesday....I Am more worried about their shaping issues nave never had a problem in the past but who knows. I may try tomorrow morning at the Burlington Mall in Mass to see if I can get the dolls anyone else go there? Or live in that area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back