• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Do you know this trader?-----WARNING------KEEP CLEAR OF THIS PERSON...

ZAPPED! Do you know this trader?-----WARNING------KEEP CLEAR OF THIS PERSON...

lucan444

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
First off , I would like to preface this with a statement,
The members of DPF are the BEST!!!!
While waiting in line this past Tues for the PTN ressurection<I always knew it would rise,like the great pumpkin only shinier!> My heart got quite the jolt, no not Dawny and a taser, although Im sure she wished she had one at certain points,.. We are standing and sweating, the temp is mid 80s but the humidity is searing its way to WET in a exceedingly fast ratio, ie, its humid cuz Fla is the subtropics, and its about to rain any minute,
Around the corner of our line into the baseball stadium<yup we were on the First base side, about section37, rows z... > comes a obvious pin affectionado lady, obvious because she is hauling a rolly cart full of pins, almost exactly like my own , so I would know!!! She stops and looks up , and my aged brain clicks,,,you know her,,, name?.........rhymes.... right...Heather Feather!!!, yeah my mind actually works like that, She smiles and says congratulations on your wedding, and being a guy, and not one whom is always witty with instant comeback, i just said something brillaint like"yeah thanks", not cuz I am ungratefull for the wishes, but im suprised beyond belief that someone remembers and cares enough to say something, even simple like congratulations,,,
Now Im seeing HF<figure it out> reach into her rolly bag, and she removes a browngift bag, hand decorated, with some awesome cut outs and white silk<i think, im a guy so cut me some slack>cord ties it up,, awesome,,, and this is from a guy who thinks that Martha stewart didnt do enough time in jail cuz someone still put her on tv!!,,,,but I digress.....
Now I know decorum dictates that a gift for a couple should be opened by them; together, however decorum wasnt with me that evening, and i tore into it like a terrier shreds a towel dipped in bacon grease. HF stopped me cuz the cool white whatever ribbon had me thwarted, I couldnt untie it, and I can untie lots of knots I swear, and thats without using my teeth, but again I digress.
so white restraining strap removed I was again handed the bag and I dove in with eager as a beaver anticipation,<we have not had a formal ceremony so this ,unbeknownst to HF, was our first wedding present not given to each other. Beneath what was a seeming sea of white ribbon paper was a simple plastic, no,, wait thats a DS shopping bag, with the white foam insert , <yeah the way pins used to be shipped and sold> and inside that was a plastic wrapped SET, not a pin, DA WHOLE SET,
"I dont know what your wife has, so i hope she doesnt have it, and I didnt see the other one on either your wants or collection... but I hope you enjoy it,,,,,,,,
I turned the package over.. the back just had disney logo, and LE300 on it, and
[pinpics]62604[/pinpics]

DisneyShopping.com - Snow White Vintage Card Set of 3 Pins

I was absolutely astounded, indeed, neither of us had either of the pins,and I knew instantly when i saw it, that my better half would adore it,meanwhile the kid in me, was screaming....COOOLLLLL!!!!!!look at that old hag pins its the kats pajamas!!!!
So externally i tried to calmly and cooly say" thank you very much for the thoughtfull gift,"
fighting all the wild the rampaging yippee, skippy dance urges I was currently undergoing to mantain a cooler, not quite cool, but cooler facade on the outside,,,,,
HF saw through it in a second and again congratulated me and gathered her stuff up and moved down the line, I stood there in aboslute shock and wonder....

Heather is heading out west to Cali very soon, a venture we all will wish her the best on, however Im sending this story out with a warning too.....
YOU WEST COASTERS ARE GETTING AN ABSOLUTE WALKING TALKING EXAMPLE OF PIN TRADING AT ITS PRIME,,, TREAT HER RIGHT!!!
And back here in home, we at Villains Inc have decided to name our newly remolded pet facility in HF honor, henceforth to be referred to as the
All weather,no leather,somewhat together, Heather Feather center for Villainous Pet Sidekicks.......I hope she appreciates the honor,
Thank you again Heather, your generosity will follow you, and do not be suprised if in the future the Pin gods do not repay your karma, Im looking into make sure they do!!!

Congrats and loved the story, but are you sure the name didn't rhyme more with "Poofy Show"?... LOL... JK

Cant wait to see this special person when they arrive in town...

Back