• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you regret deboxing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you regret deboxing?
^Yep about the box being the house when photos and posing and playing are done:bigthumb: That was the perfect way to put it! I forgot to add that I always like to actually touch things and I am dying to touch the fabric on purple Elsa's dress! :p

I would even go as far as giving her a nice custom wardrobe with all the pricesses outfits :D
I understand it is made of a felt like fabric wich seems very accurate to me. She's the first doll who has ever tempted me to pay so much for just one doll.

I would even go as far as giving her a nice custom wardrobe with all the pricesses outfits :D
I understand it is made of a felt like fabric wich seems very accurate to me. She's the first doll who has ever tempted me to pay so much for just one doll.
That would be awesome! I stink at sewing though...might have enlist little sis to do that, lol. :D
That's what it looks like-I just want to touch it. :p Same with the price for me, unless you count American Girl dolls. :)

I'm not that good, either but I love making dresses for dolls :)
Oh yes, touch it that would mean you have her end you could post some nice photos of her here :D

No American Girl dolls over here so I'm still staring at Elsa :)I want her so badly...

I'm not that good, either but I love making dresses for dolls :)
Oh yes, touch it that would mean you have her end you could post some nice photos of her here :D

No American Girl dolls over here so I'm still staring at Elsa :)I want her so badly...
Maybe I should see if there's an easy way to make doll dresses, because I WOULD like to be able to do that...:)
Lol, yes, I would CERTAINLY post some nice photos of her on here :D I'd be over the moon and jumping around like a...a...I don't know, something ridiculous. :p

There are lots of patterns and tutorials out there. :) This is a good one, I tried the pattern and it turned out perfect:
http://eternalsnowkiss.blogspot.hu/2015/06/elsas-coronation-dress.html
These are mostly for barbie sized dolls though but there is a video to help.
Sadly I don't have a sewing machine so I can't really use them.

Jumping around like me if had her? :D That would be a sight :)
Thank you! My little sister has a sewing machine; I'll ask her if I can try to use it whenever I eventually get purple Elsa. Actually, even in the meantime, it'd still be fun to try to make other doll clothes...:)

I just get really really excited about things sometimes, lol :D

That's a good idea! If you practise befora making dresses for Elsa she'll only get perfect gowns. And she is bigger, so it's even easier, I already envy her :D

Just like me :D I just watched the Lion King ant the hyena who fell into the thorn-bushes looks a lot like me when I'm excited :)

That's a good idea! If you practise befora making dresses for Elsa she'll only get perfect gowns. And she is bigger, so it's even easier, I already envy her :D

Just like me :D I just watched the Lion King ant the hyena who fell into the thorn-bushes looks a lot like me when I'm excited :)
And I will need a LOT of practice because I am very bad at sewing, lol! I'm already picturing new dresses for her in my head...:D

Oh yes, totally! I wish I remembered which hyena does that (his/her name, I mean)... :)

I've deboxed all my dolls since I have no intention of selling them. I have the designer fairy tale collection Ariel/Eric, Snow/Prince, and Rapunzel/Flynn. However, if I ever needed to sell them, I know I can break up sets, sell just the boxes, etc. I know I wouldn't get the full value of them but I can get around what I paid for them if I broke up sets/boxes. That being said, if I ever did need to sell, I have more valuable merch than the dolls. For me, I bought the dolls to enjoy and I hated how they were packaged so I tweaked them. I need to eventually fix Snow Whites hair since I did unbraid it and am not currently happy with it but that's something I'll do down the road.

I've deboxed all my dolls since I have no intention of selling them. I have the designer fairy tale collection Ariel/Eric, Snow/Prince, and Rapunzel/Flynn. However, if I ever needed to sell them, I know I can break up sets, sell just the boxes, etc. I know I wouldn't get the full value of them but I can get around what I paid for them if I broke up sets/boxes. That being said, if I ever did need to sell, I have more valuable merch than the dolls. For me, I bought the dolls to enjoy and I hated how they were packaged so I tweaked them. I need to eventually fix Snow Whites hair since I did unbraid it and am not currently happy with it but that's something I'll do down the road.

I think it's a wise decision, I guess many collectors adjust their dolls some only get a stray curl out of the way others debox the dolls and have complete projects like making an unripped version of the Cinderella-Lady Tremaine set. They become a bit like their owners, I guess :)

And I will need a LOT of practice because I am very bad at sewing, lol! I'm already picturing new dresses for her in my head...:D

Oh yes, totally! I wish I remembered which hyena does that (his/her name, I mean)... :)

That's one of the best parts! The more dresses the happier Elsa will be (not to mention me ;) ) Her skirt is made of about five panels plus the piece that goes all around at the bottom. Lots of parts for a skirt.

His name is Banzai I think. :) The hyena lady Shenzi states she doesn't wan't to look like him that's why she won't go after Simba.

shooting4ownhand-I'd have opened them too.:) Do you have a favorite out of the LE dolls you own?

Meritre-Now I'm picturing 18-year-old Elsa with a closet full of dresses...and nobody sees her in them because she's in her room...I think end-of Do You Want to Build a Snowman Elsa needs a hug. Poor girl. :( I think MY purple Elsa will have to have loads of friends in my dolly family just because. :) (I usually think of certain dolls as being friends with each other for some reason, Disney or otherwise. ;) )
Oh, okay! That sounds right:) I just totally forgot his name.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back