• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dooney bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dooney bags?
They did. And it’s expensive on the secondary market. Certain bags just evaporate into people’s collections and it’s hard to get them after the intial release. There’s a red, white, and black villains pattern that was released in October of 16 I think. They don’t seem to pop up very often. :(

I haven't seen that one at all... (Was so sure I would have seen that one if it exists) *looks it up* It's a really cute pattern. Now I'm thinking about patterns with dog faces and fullbody cats. I also wondered if I should add the lions to the cat bunch, as big cats, but I figured big cats could make theit own pattern, with all the lions from Lion King, Bagheera and Shere Khan and Rajah and more :)
But I'm stilll surprised, never thought that bags sell out like that... *can't get over the 32 bags*

I have 5 (6) of them so far. I'm always getting lots of compliments on them, mostly on the Princess one.

Runway Princess (shopper and a small one)
Villains
Summer Beach Fab 5 (and friends)
Alice in Wonderland
Haunted Mansion

I prefer the shopper totes, but not all of them come in that style. I really wanted the dog one and one of the Christmas ones from the last couple of years, but I waited too long and they were sold out. Sometimes I wish thry would come out with another one I like, but then I think about the price and I'm kind if glad that they don't.
bc3d1c6370c795ed82a70cc7a161f6c5.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I can't use traditional purses or I get a lot of shoulder pain, so I'm limited to backpacks. I did love the Dogs design and one of the Avengers bags was pretty cute!

My friend got her purse this morning! She was pretty grumpy tho, said the release was plagued with scalpers. Someone in front of her bought 32 purses with their group of people? You guys thought pins were bad!

For the record, I "like" that your friend got her bag - not that someone else bought 32. Yikes. :-/

I have one Disney Dooney - an older design. The "Charms" tote. I was so excited when I got it, and the print is really cute. But the bag is so damn heavy and awkward that I never use it. I find I much prefer my Loungefly bags - and they're cheaper, too!

I think my favorite Dooney prints so far have been the original sketch and the Small World. I also love the look of the dogs print, but I'm more of a cat lady than a dog lady, and the cats print just doesn't do it for me.

We're really fortunate to have the Dooney bags show up at our Character Warehouse outlet, so we can get a nice discount on some for Christmas presents. :) My mother has most of the collection, but I have a first run sketch wristlet (we happened to be there the day the collection released!) and a couple Tink Bags. Nice to see other collectors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're really fortunate to have the Dooney bags show up at our Character Warehouse outlet, so we can get a nice discount on some for Christmas presents. :) My mother has most of the collection, but I have a first run sketch wristlet (we happened to be there the day the collection released!) and a couple Tink Bags. Nice to see other collectors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so jealous!

I just saw this Lady and the Tramp set. I really like the smaller patterns with each of the dogs, but I use the larger tote bags. But still a neat design with the dog tag pattern.
c47c36299315af586e091d9b9e70b29e.jpg
a84a0345000818cb17f8e64e33ad52c8.jpg

I like the smaller dog print as well. I'm a large tote person...I carry everything in my bag, it's like a little Walgreens in there! lol My kids always know to look in there for snacks.

She's here! And she's so pretty!
65e11892c99209acc14a820e3385456e.jpg
f7c6387ebe9e0c0877db624a23e978c3.jpg

So, if you like getting lots of compliments, I highly recommend getting the Mulan purse. I've been getting about two compliments a week on it. I had a lady chase me down at the grocery store the other day just to let me know she really liked it.

There are two things that I'm not crazy about: 1) the straps are narrow. If you carry lots of stuff, it can cut into your shoulder. 2) I personally prefer a zipper close rather than a magnetic snap close. It's easier to keep my friends' kids (and my cats) out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back