• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Double Zapped by MerlinsEmrys and Jrdnsmom

ZAPPED! Double Zapped by MerlinsEmrys and Jrdnsmom

Zagales14

Duke Alex, Master Zapper
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So I get home today and run to the mail. Nothing there. I freak... but... but... many of my tracking numbers said Delivered, and nada...

I call the wife in a rush... I'm going pretty crazy here, telling her about the tracking numbers and delivery... and she just lets me talk... and when Im done, she tells me --> Your mom dropped by, saw the packages in the mail, and has everything in her car because it was raining when the mailman dropped it off, and she did us the favor of grabbing it. Your mom went to Walmart because there was nobody at home when she got here.

/Breathe...

/Anxiety Kicks in...

Holy hell, gotta go get em...

I get in the car, turn the ignition, and Im off to Walmart. Am I going to go into the store? Nope. I'm headed to the parking lot, where I will speed through until I find my mom's car, then I'm going to hi-jack my pins back!

20 minutes later: Hi-Jack Complete!!

I get home, open a couple packages, 2 sets of Disney Movie Reward Lion King Pins (Very Nice and up for trade). Check. Next, a couple trade packages that net me some simple yet nice pins for my Disney Character collection. Check. Next up, a trade from a well known Wizard/Sword in the Stone fan, MerlinsEmry.

Merlin and I had agreed to a trade over the end of last week, and he had seen a couple pins on my wants list that he happened to have in his collection. I open the package and I could feel the electricity..... I touch the bubble wrap and Zap! I'm hit... I'm hit I screamed to my wife... we've been targeted, and hit!!

I fall to the floor, my hair standing erect as though it's running away from my scalp... (Ok, overdoing this much)...

LOL.

Here's what Merlin Zapped me with:

d6885339-f675-42d8-8e19-16449d03055b_zps836eeb86.jpg

The Carousel and the Toy Story pin were traded for, the 2 Character Hats were Zaps!! I love them, my hat collection is almost complete!! Thank you Merlin!!!

So I continue to the next package, and it's from Jrdnsmom. I had purchased on of her 6 pin baggies about a week ago, and was waiting to receive that as well. On top of that I new something else was coming because, beside the fact that it's the very generous Jrdnsmom, she had PM'ed me that an extra little surprise would be inside...

Now, let me just emphasize this, so that it all makes sense. Just a couple days ago, I updated my sig (and I'm going to, evidently, have to do so again to fit the appropriate size). The reason for my sig update was to remove a couple pins that I thought I would NEVER get. The thing about this pin is that it's a set of two LE 100 pins, and it's an older pin, so it's harder to come by than say, a Beloved Tales. So the pin was removed, yet not forgotten.

Back to the story... I open the pin baggie first, since I wanted to leave the surprise til the end. In it, I found some very nice pins that I divided between my traders and my collection. One in particular I really loved, an - I Conquered the World - Sorcerer Mickey pin.

Set those aside to take a look at what was a folded paper with 4 pin backs on holding what felt like a large pin on it... Now, I'm fairly new to the pin world, considering the experience some of you have, however, I had not seen a pin that had 4 posts before... Not even Jumbo pins...

AT that point, im just impatient and overly curious. I open the paper, and then I die. Literally, I died for a second, then I came back to life. Nearly died again, and repeated the process a couple more times. My wife ran back to Walmart to get me Gatorade (our ideal form of medicine because of the electrolytes -- what the hell do we know)... oh, exaggerating again, sorry...

Ok, here was Jrdnsmom's Zap:

8c60c480-d853-4313-9f64-893f5b4c65bb_zps8fa7390d.jpg

Jrdnsmom, I am so very grateful for this zap. I really never thought I would get this pin. The fact that you bothered to look through my signature and spot it, and then be generous enough to zap not 1 but 2 LE 100 pins that are so difficult to obtain just boggles my mind. I am so truly thankful, and I don't know how I could say it to express it fully.

So that, my friends, was a little part of my day, a better part of my day.

*brushes off his wand* Well it seems there's still a little electriciteh in these old bones! Ho ho!

Glad you liked the zaps. ;P

~Merlin

Back