• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #3
Love reading everyone's stories! Those are some excellent pins you all have been showcasing.

Opportunity 2:
8dc5256b210d5c5ca83c41fc5594053c.jpg

Show us 3 pins that represent YOU! These can be for your profession, personality, etc.... What’s at your core? Who are you?

These three pins, which are on my "most wanted" pins list, I feel are also what represent me the best!

The first is my ultimate grail, of my girl Tink sitting in a forest and reading. It's gorgeous, it's perfect, it's everything I could aesthetically ask for and more. The second is of again, my girl Tink, taking a snooze next to a Dove. I'm currently studying to be an ornithologist, and, well, I love napping. Probably a little more than I should. And the third is another combination of my favorite interests: Art (especially Van Gogh) and magic!

pin44712
pin69136th200
pin27839th200

Opportunity #1

I have collected Disney pins and traded pins with cast members at the WDW since around 2013. It was mostly casual trading trying to complete Hidden Mickey sets and buying the odd Limited Edition pins in the stores. This gave me something to do while the other members in the family rode the rides.

My sister @slbrabham went to the WDW pin event in 2016, and talked me into going the next year. It became a family trip with both sisters, myself, my son and my niece attending the event. While the kids and our other sister traded a little and left to have fun in the parks, Sarah and pretty much stayed and traded most of each day. It was a fun experience where I got to meet some great people and experience “serious” trading. The pin that reminds me of this time/trip is
63896044133ea1ba8203306c81356109.jpg

because Sarah traded for this pin for me with someone in the back trading room at the Love is an Adventure event. Rapunzel is my favorite princess and I love it! The other trader really liked a pin Sarah had, and while the trader didn’t have anything she wanted she traded this pin for me. I remember the great trip and all the fun we had as a family when I see this pin on my shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opportunity #2

Here are three pins that represent me.

I’m a nurse and love this simple design from last year. It shows my love for Disney and celebrates a job I love.
2f6eadad8bf3239dc018fd1e5d733b83.jpg

The next pin shows another Disney lady. Elsa was the first Queen not just a Princess. I like her independence and power. I think everyone should be treated with respect like Elsa commands at the end of the movie.
530641f9468bf1fa52aa293a226d3dfc.jpg

The final pin is my DSSH Carl and Ellie Wedding pin because it reminds me that true love exists and survives outside fairytales. It showed a realistic love story.
065f0b85c86ee548933b70b6d0023e3c.jpg

I’m a nurse who believes in true love and thinks that everyone deserves respect and acceptance.

My 18 year old son has a rare genetic disorder that has caused him to face several challenges in life. Although we have done our best to help him overcome these challenges, he still has a difficult time, including having no friends, and virtually no social life.
Last summer, we visited Disney World during the July 4th holiday, where we were going to meet up with relatives, including a cast member and her brother. On the last day of our trip, we met up at Magic Kingdom, and ended up on the jungle cruise.
On that ride, my son got to sit between his two relatives, holding their hands the whole time, and he was in heaven.
This pin represents the joy he experienced on that day, and will always remind me of that wonderful time he had with them.
PS, I know this came out at DLR, but it's the same ride right?
7ea775f562bd475a95bb34549c9f769f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So, here's my attempt at choosing 3 pins that reflect me.

The first pin - I am Chinese. I couldn't find one with my actual surname, but this is my mother's surname, and Pooh is one of my favorite characters and was the first movie that we watched with my daughter when she was a toddler. When I was young, I also learned some Chinese calligraphy, which is the brush and ink that Pooh has in front of him.

8a4419a38ab2f32a960a4a481a683c4c.jpg

I am in IT, so I'm always in front of a computer. And my husband loves Sorcerer Mickey, so we have lots of Sorcerer Mickeys around our home.
12586543766c9f6ef3ae8b3521bbddb6.jpg

This last pin is one of my "happy places". We have never stayed at Aulani, but we have stayed very close to Aulani and have gone snorkeling in the lagoon that Aulani is at. Hawaii is where we had gone for our honeymoon and we love it there. If not for Covid-19, we would be there now. And we enjoy snorkeling and swimming with the fish of the sea. They are so colorful there.
2bd7ee56fef3ce9bcca1ebf76ccad4f4.jpg

Last edited:
Going through my pin collection...nice trip down memory lane.

Here’s 1 story.

I’ve been going to the US Disney parks forever. Being born and raised in California, Disneyland is like a 2nd home. My ultimate grail experience was to go to Club 33. My friends surprised me with a visit. Even my partner, who is so not a Disney person, said he was going, because of how much this meant to me. The meal was wonderful...I remember I had the chateaubriand. We finally hit the merchandise cabinet, and I spent so much on a pin, key chain, pen set, wine stopper, and a pair of wine glasses. I also took a bunch of disposable napkins and my drink stir stick. Spending this time with my partner, my Disney girls, and new friends was an amazing experience that I cherish as my best park memory! Side story: my partner and I were way overdressed for the day. I wore a collared button down shirt, slacks, and dress shoes. He wore similar. It was for Club 33! Of course I wore a lanyard of pins, and I was able to get my partner to wear one too (his conditions were Jack Skellington pins and no more than 4). I got stopped so many times because people thought I worked there (which I felt honored).

5a003f9646a2f8ca42973481ee89a2d6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OPP 1

pin29511th200

This pin means the world to me. It was the first pin I ever traded for and of course it represents my twins. I have been a member here for a lot of years bu tI havent been as active lately. This pin reminds me of that moment that we found out we were expecting twins. It was such a chock. I had done an ultrasound earlier in the pregnance and they said nothing about it beeing 2 then so it wasnt even in our minds that it could be twins. Anyway we were of course super happy. The pregnancy was not an easy one and the twins decided it was time to be bord 2 1/2 month pre mature. We spent a lot of time in the hospital and they had some complications but in the end it worked out great. today my identical twin girls are 16 years old and they have grown up to be 2 beautifyl young ladies and I love them more than my own life.

Opp 2

Three pins that represents me. First I need to start with a small story. what I was child I could not pronounce my name so I called my self Mimmi (its the Swedish name of Minnie) So everone started calling me Mimmi so that was my nickname always. So Im Minnie.

Here are 3 pins that represents me I think.

pin46303

Well because the most important thing in my life are my kids so Im a mom.

pin38954th200

Me and my twins. We always tried to dress them in different colour clothes so people would be able to tell them apart and even today they do. One of the girls always have something pink and the other girl has something purple or blue.

RS_Rf5872113bc.png

I have a connective tissue disorder that causes me a lot of pain. Im in pain every second of the day. I always try to be positive and dont speak a lot of it. Many people have no idea even if they know me. Im a master of hiding it. The only time Im not in pain is when Im in the bathtub, so that is where you will find me almost every evening. :)

Opportunity 1:
eace3542e24acc2e6e986d82bf76e143.jpg

This pin is Mickey dressed as a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers. In order to become a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, you must complete the Leonardo Challenge in Fortress Explorations which is only available in Japanese. The first time, I attempted the challenge, my Japanese wasn't at a high enough level but eventually, I was able to complete the challenge twice (there are four challenges). So becoming a member represents both my love of Disney and my efforts in studying Japanese.

This particular pin also has a further story. The first time I ever met up with anyone from this forum in real life was at DCA where I traded a set of Magic Access teacups from Hong Kong for a Christmas stitch pin among other pins. Later, at a pin trading event, my first pin pal from Japan saw the Stitch pin and wanted it (she collects Stitch). I showed her my Japanese ISOs which included this SEA pin that I had never even seen before and to my surprise, she dug through a hidden bag of pins from under the table and showed it to me. I feel like this is exactly the type of experience that was intended for pin trading among guests.

Opportunity 2:
2acc67340b9751bcc7f5c96b24e35f6f.jpg

I don't have this pin yet but am looking for this entire WDI set at a decent price or for trade. Of the four guiding concepts of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, I feel that Discovery fits my personality best. I love learning which shows through my deep interest in finding out even the tiniest details in Disney parks and choice to pursue a career in research.

df700da3e288ed793a97b913d6ac2269.jpg

The second pin is a PODH for Disneyland's 60th anniversary. Before collecting pins, I collected maps and other free things from the Disney parks. The entire concept of PODH resonates a lot with me so I look for these pins but they are unfortunately somewhat difficult to get. The 60th anniversary was the last time I had a Socal pass before moving to Hong Kong. It was also the last time I went to Disneyland with some of my friends from college who stopped buying annual passes after getting married or moving away. So to me, this was sort of the finale of an era of going to Disneyland with my college friends.

eda8a696fbebfe7ef4e093d880dc1e92.jpg

The final pin is of Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland which was the 35th anniversary nighttime castle spectacular. The first time I watched Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland, we actually won the show lottery so we were right up in the front section. I was with a friend from Hong Kong and one of my college friends from the US so all day, I was switching between English, Cantonese and Japanese. This represents my daily life though as I work primarily in English, enjoy Japanese music and interact in Cantonese when out in Hong Kong. The show itself celebrates all the attractions in the park and reminds me of Remember... Dreams Come True over at Disneyland. So in addition to representing some of my best vacations, this show also reminds me of so many things at my two favorite Disney Resorts.

OPP 1

pin29511th200

This pin means the world to me. It was the first pin I ever traded for and of course it represents my twins. I have been a member here for a lot of years bu tI havent been as active lately. This pin reminds me of that moment that we found out we were expecting twins. It was such a chock. I had done an ultrasound earlier in the pregnance and they said nothing about it beeing 2 then so it wasnt even in our minds that it could be twins. Anyway we were of course super happy. The pregnancy was not an easy one and the twins decided it was time to be bord 2 1/2 month pre mature. We spent a lot of time in the hospital and they had some complications but in the end it worked out great. today my identical twin girls are 16 years old and they have grown up to be 2 beautifyl young ladies and I love them more than my own life.

I love the pin and the story! My sister and I are identical twins and it's almost the same exact story!! Well, our Mom and Dad thought we were a very large boy and didn't find out it was twin girls until a few weeks before we came . . . two months early.

Op. 1:

Sentimental and a story . . . well, this is the first one that always sticks out:

20200709071441-5e11320f.jpg

See that Stormtrooper mystery helmet? The only one I have. I don't even do stormtroopers! :) However, the second time we went pin trading at Disney Springs (which would have been in 2018) we were standing in Pin Trader's and some kids came up and were trading off Sis' lanyards. Well, I can't wear my lanyards, as they are too heavy after having a neck injury in a car wreck. So, I wear a lanyard with a single pin on it, but I hold the tops of the three lanyards with trading pins and carry them. Well, a girl (probably in her mid to late 20s) was looking from about a dozen feet away, and she saw my two Star Wars lanyards I was holding. Came up and asked if I wanted to trade any and I said sure! They were all for trade and whatever she wanted to trade was fine. She traded for a couple, and then asked if I would wait there, as she would be right back! So, I stood there and she ended up buying some Stormtrooper helmet mystery packs and coming back to trade for more pins. :) I think I got 6 of those helmets in the end! But she was so friendly and nice and it was such a fun experience, I had to keep one, so I kept the one with the movie lines all over it, and it has been on my board ever since! So, while it doesn't fit in to my collections really, I wouldn't get rid of it. :)

I also have a Maximus the horse pin that I got from a cast lanyard from one of our favorite Disney Springs employees. A tall gent from England who we have seen every time we've gone to Disney Springs in the last three years, and we've become friendly while down there! So, I got a pin from his lanyard last time and kept it as a souvenir.

Op. 2:

Three pins that describe me . . . kind of tough, but here goes ----

First, this is one of my very favorite illustrations and pins of all! The 2018 Hidden Mickey Bashful pin (actually, this set of dwarves is one of my favorites period, but Bashful and Happy win for cuteness!):

RS_R01cba7173c.png

I'm super shy, and don't do well in groups or meeting people for the first time. I've always liked Bashful, ever since I can remember. I do much better one-on-one once I know you.

Second, this is my first piano pin. Although I don't like Donald, I couldn't resist getting a pin with a piano on it! And a grand piano at that! I have a Baby Grand piano and love playing it. Sort of my stress relief. So, a piano pin was totally a must! I've never seen others, so should do some looking . . . -grin-

RS_R10df07ce19.png

Third, a pin I haven't got (and Donald again, who I really don't like, but I guess his pins have good topics for me!) -

pin34140th200

I LOVE bread making! I love cooking period, but bread making is my passion in the kitchen.

For my third, I wanted a library pin, but couldn't find a good one yet. One of my top passions is books. We have a personal library of over 8,000 books, so books are something that are always there around here!

If I had more spots, I'd have to add Russell watching Kevin, as I LOVE bird watching. Also, an Elsa pin, as I LOVE snow and Winter!

Op 2:
I don’t own any of these pins, but I think they fit me/my family well.
JBpBQHN.jpg

This first pin represents my oldest son. He was diagnosed with autism at 15 months old. It was a shock for us as we learned how to adjust to our new way of life. However, it was nice to have answers and we were able to get early interventions to help him. He does therapy almost every day, and I am right there with him now that I am home for the summer. It is nice to see him making progress (still waiting for his first word but I have come to terms that he might not ever speak). The one thing that he has consistent loved is his Disney movies. We have gone to Disney a few times with him and each time we have made some wonderful memories.
ZkdZzf5.jpg

I am happily married, and we are saving up for our dream home (closet to Disney and away from the snow).
003Bl9K.jpg

This last pin represents our newest edition to our family. Our baby boy is a little Jack-Jack. He is happy and loves to babble. We hope he grows up loving Disney as much as we do!

pin24199

This is the most sentimental pin for me. It a the first Disney pin I got. Back in 2005 I came to Disney with some of my college friends for my third ever trip to the parks and first trip as an adult. My friend got a travel package that included a few pins, which at that time meant she got to pick them from a cast member lanyard. One of the pins on the lanyard was this Timon. She generously used one of her free pin spots to get it for me since she knew how much I liked Timon. I got a few more Lion King pins during that trip and now have thousands of pins, but I will always remember this one in particular. I keep it on my Lion King display lanyard so I never lose track of it.

b2cb0d36886dd8edbc2d8563d40a59d8.jpg

Op 1:

May 9, 2012 - my twenty seventh birthday. My best friend and her boyfriend picked me up early in the morning and took me to Disneyland for the day. Being lucky enough to live in So Cal, I had been to the parks many times in my life, but this was my first foray into pin trading and collecting. Daphne (BFF) bought me my first - a set of two mini pins featuring Chip and Dale sharing a secret. This was a perfect choice, seeing as I LOVE Chip & Dale, and Daphne and I had already been best friends for twenty years and had shared a LOT of secrets.

Still two of my favorite pins, after over eight(?!) years of trading!

Op 2:

dd8bbf35fd65020e9c3c05af0f1c7b64.jpg

Okay, this was really hard.

I chose the Peter and Wendy pin because I love books and I relate a lot to Wendy’s character. (She dreams of adventure, believes in mermaids and fairies, and doesn’t want to grow up - but even when she does, she never stops believing.)

I chose the Minnie witch pin for a multitude of reasons - I love cats and bats and witches and the moon. I love anything related to Halloween, and I identify as a (good!) witch. Plus, my favorite color is purple! :)

I chose the pin with Figaro and Tinker Bell with the present because I LOVE cats, holidays, and gift giving, and I believe in faeries as well.

And here are three runners up:

9d8f28586531c54cf57a76f2a331c6a1.jpg

(Ludwig is showcasing my three favorite hobbies! Alice is sharing my life motto! And Minnie is sending out snail mail (another of my favorite things to do)!)

Last edited:
I used this for a previous game but it still sorta applies; I was a college program CM and this comes from one of my favorite trading stories. It was a last trade of the night as I was walking to the bus stop at TTC. My group of fellow CP's and I was still in costume with my lanyard on the monorail and a family stopped us I as we got out. The two oldest quickly traded for something, but the youngest was sad that I didn't have anything he wanted to trade for. After promising him a mystery trade but no trade-backs I had him close his eyes, which then had him listening to the gasps of astonishment from family as I reached into my bag to pull out a Jumbo castle pin I got from company D that day. His jaw dropped expression alone was priceless and makes it by far my favorite trading memory.
Pin 25755 WDW Cast Member - Castle Series (Tokyo) 3D
c25a720968c837cf2c3ca69dab0e4741.jpg
Great story!

My wife and I are both firefighters and huge Disney fans. We visit each year for our anniversary, which just so happened to also be Star Wars Weekends!!! She tolerates my pin obsession, I have a tendency to disappear while we're walking through a park because I spotted a pin :) She had a pin on her helmet until it melted into the plastic during one fire. She now has a leather helmet with a band with pins on the band.

NyFgPbn.jpg
Husband and wife first responders! What a great duo.

Love reading everyone's stories! Those are some excellent pins you all have been showcasing.

Opportunity 2:
8dc5256b210d5c5ca83c41fc5594053c.jpg

Show us 3 pins that represent YOU! These can be for your profession, personality, etc.... What’s at your core? Who are you?

These three pins, which are on my "most wanted" pins list, I feel are also what represent me the best!

The first is my ultimate grail, of my girl Tink sitting in a forest and reading. It's gorgeous, it's perfect, it's everything I could aesthetically ask for and more. The second is of again, my girl Tink, taking a snooze next to a Dove. I'm currently studying to be an ornithologist, and, well, I love napping. Probably a little more than I should. And the third is another combination of my favorite interests: Art (especially Van Gogh) and magic!

pin44712
pin69136th200
pin27839th200
Great pin choices. Amateur bird watcher here!

Op. 2:

Three pins that describe me . . . kind of tough, but here goes ----

First, this is one of my very favorite illustrations and pins of all! The 2018 Hidden Mickey Bashful pin (actually, this set of dwarves is one of my favorites period, but Bashful and Happy win for cuteness!):

RS_R01cba7173c.png

I'm super shy, and don't do well in groups or meeting people for the first time. I've always liked Bashful, ever since I can remember. I do much better one-on-one once I know you.

Second, this is my first piano pin. Although I don't like Donald, I couldn't resist getting a pin with a piano on it! And a grand piano at that! I have a Baby Grand piano and love playing it. Sort of my stress relief. So, a piano pin was totally a must! I've never seen others, so should do some looking . . . -grin-

RS_R10df07ce19.png

Third, a pin I haven't got (and Donald again, who I really don't like, but I guess his pins have good topics for me!) -

pin34140th200

I LOVE bread making! I love cooking period, but bread making is my passion in the kitchen.

For my third, I wanted a library pin, but couldn't find a good one yet. One of my top passions is books. We have a personal library of over 8,000 books, so books are something that are always there around here!

If I had more spots, I'd have to add Russell watching Kevin, as I LOVE bird watching. Also, an Elsa pin, as I LOVE snow and Winter!
I mentioned in an earlier comment that I'm an amateur birdwatcher myself!

Op 2:
I don’t own any of these pins, but I think they fit me/my family well.
JBpBQHN.jpg

This first pin represents my oldest son. He was diagnosed with autism at 15 months old. It was a shock for us as we learned how to adjust to our new way of life. However, it was nice to have answers and we were able to get early interventions to help him. He does therapy almost every day, and I am right there with him now that I am home for the summer. It is nice to see him making progress (still waiting for his first word but I have come to terms that he might not ever speak). The one thing that he has consistent loved is his Disney movies. We have gone to Disney a few times with him and each time we have made some wonderful memories.
ZkdZzf5.jpg

I am happily married, and we are saving up for our dream home (closet to Disney and away from the snow).
003Bl9K.jpg

This last pin represents our newest edition to our family. Our baby boy is a little Jack-Jack. He is happy and loves to babble. We hope he grows up loving Disney as much as we do!
My oldest son stopped talking/babbling at about 18 months old, and was diagnosed with autism, but started talking again at 5 years old. Last school year he was staying at a dorm at a local university, so keep giving your older son all the love you can, and all the help he needs, and who knows how things will turn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back