• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Brave pins & ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Brave pins & ebay
Oh Crystal, I totally misunderstood you, so sorry about that :( I thought that you meant people who sit at home and click on BIN on Ebay have it easy. My bad, sorry about that.

I am not sure how many people are around who still have extra DA pins and who were blessed enough to buy them at original release prices. I started collecting in 2009 and I could never buy anyting at release prices. But those older pins, they stand the test of time and the ones that appreciate -although prices fluctuate on the bay - they still keep 70-80% of their appreciated value.

I do not know if that will hold about the recent release DSF pins. I have seen BatB Hinged book pin sell at $65 on the Ebay right after release, same for Little Mermaid. Today though, I have seen a Little Mermaid Book pin $35 OBO. So, I can't help feeling that sellers who ask for 4-5 times the original release price add to the sudden inflated appreciation of pin values.

I am very lucky that I have a good friend who picked up this set for me, being Scottish I have to collect Brave, although some of the pins are proving difficult to locate, but that is a whole new story.

People are saying the DSF should increase the edition size of the pins that way everyone can get them, that happened over here in the UK and look what happened, pins are stuck online for weeks, months after their release. What is the point of pin trading if you can easily get every pin that you are looking for, surely that takes the fun out of.

Yes some pins are going for stupid money on Ebay but that is the buyers that often push the price up, it's not always the sellers that put them at that high price.

If people are willing to camp out all night to get the pins good on them, not sure if I could do it. I once walked away from a release in DLP as it was scarily crazy, did I get the pin some other way, yes.

At the end of the day it's a piece of metal and there are far more important things in the world to worry about. If it's meant to be it will happen and the pin will come to you, sometimes you just have to patient. I waited 10 years for a HG and eventually located it.

Maybe I just no longer get stressed over pins, that I think is partly due to the UK DS website being awful who knows.

Very Well Put Yvonne ! Why I started this thread , I do not know ! No, seriously that is not true , I was trying to make this point, you are #150, your fellow pin trader is #151 and stays along with you all night, trading & chatting, somewhere between this chat he says, Gee, seems I'm not going to get a set , are you getting one or two . Just say, this person is getting two sets, but one set for ebay . Wouldn't the kind thing be too say, yes I'm getting two sets but I was putting one set on ebay, but if you could offer me an extra $50.00, I'd be more than happy to help you out . Has things really gotten that bad in today's society , that there is no longer a thing called kindness .
Heather :lol: I'm glad I made you laugh . I'm done with this soapbox . I just keep repeating my thoughts .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back