• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Brave pins & ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Brave pins & ebay
Abyssinian28 said:
You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person- morals and ethics aren't religious. It's a common misconception.

So glad you said that. I was going to comment, but then realized I already sound like a jerk! Completely agree though.

As an aside I do have an extra Brave set I'd trade a opposed to sell :p

WDW is *weak* when it comes to pins.

I feel that too and even about the PoDM latest 2 releases, Tangled & Little Mermaid.

IMO the best scene was the "hair" scene where Flynn had a heap of hair in his arms and those scenes appeared from Cali sellers - if I remember right.

For Little Mermaid, the dinglehopper/Scuttle and Triton scenes also seem to come from Cali. and command higher prices on Ebay.

I do not think that I have the right to be mad at Cali folk for getting better pins and opportunities as they have to face way higher costs of living. I have found gas for $3.09 about 2 miles away from home today :) granted it is in a very shady neighborhood and God knows what is in it, but it is there.

But I AM envious of the fact that they have access to those pins and I truly appreciate the few who chose to share it with us.

Last edited:
As someone who sells various thing on eBay and no others who do the same- I completely disagree on how prices are established. But that's fine. We don't have to agree. We just both have to pay high prices for a lot of pins lol.

*sigh* - don't remind me. I still haven't recovered from last month's Tangled PODM and then I strayed again yesterday.

I hope I'm clear in that I believe that people should get the appropriate value out of their item and would be completely lost if it wasn't for sellers. It is just that I'm having a difficult time adjusting to how the values are being set.

I (rarely) sell stuff too. It is just that I'm typically selling stuff that has been out awhile and has had a value established by completed auctions over a longer period of time. And I sell it for that value. My struggle is with the brand new releases that haven't had time to stabilize.

In the end, hopefully I can just sell some of my crap in Dayton and break even in the long run! :)

I feel that too and even about the PoDM latest 2 releases, Tangled & Little Mermaid.

IMO the best scene was the "hair" scene where Flynn had a heap of hair in his arms and those scenes appeared from Cali sellers - if I remember right.

For Little Mermaid, the dinglehopper/Scuttle and Triton scenes also seem to come from Cali. and command higher prices on Ebay.

I do not think the I have the right to be mad at Cali folk for getting better pins and opportunities as they have to face way higher costs of living. I have found gas for $3.09 about 2 miles away from home today :) granted it is in a very shady neighborhood and God knows what is in it, but it is there.

But I AM envious of the fact that they have access to those pins and I truly appreciate the few who chose to share it with us.

Pretty much this.

I mean, I'm not going to yell and scream about it, but when they have an awesome release that I love and can't get, do I get a little jealous and worried about getting them? Sure.

In the last year or so, they've had Reveal/Conceal Girls, Lithograph pins, 3 Duffys, several Jessicas, and of course DSF and WDI pins we'll never get. Here, I bought a Duffy Christmas set. -_-

Thank goodness for being able to trade some of my older DS.com pins, or I'd be in a real pickle.

I know Ive said stuff before about DSF pins etc but with this release and most likely the Pixar pins they will most likely fetch a good price on the secondary market same goes for Paris PTNs but at least they are always about $40 buy it now every time no matter what the character, if there is a merida one this year, it will most likely be $40 max until it flys off ebay to which they know its worth more rather than putting it on for at least 4 times its price. Thats how I see it anyway. but yes if you have slept and waited then yes you can do what you want but it just sucks.

DSF people are bad for doing this but anywhere else its fine?? when a set of DLRP event pins is around $300 and no one gripes about that even if they are popular pins and people really want them lol

DSF people are bad for doing this but anywhere else its fine?? when a set of DLRP event pins is around $300 and no one gripes about that even if they are popular pins and people really want them lol

Huh! It costs a pretty penny even to get French poop ;)

In fairness, I think that it seems that way simply because there seem to be a lot more sellers out of CA than FL (probably because WDW pin selection is weak :lol: ). Someone told me that they saw someone get the bundle of hair Tangled in WDW so that tells me they did get some - but the people probably kept them. Whereas, if you have more sellers in CA that increases the odds that at least some of them would get that cel.

You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person- morals and ethics aren't religious. It's a common misconception.

Also, while it makes you an exceptionally nice person to give away your pins, it doesn't make you a *bad* person if you don't. Especially if you don't make a lot of money. My husband and I do okay, job-wise, but we're going to be saving for a new car (12 years, it's had it), and then a new house. Unless you are my close, personal friend, or you go to bat for me, I can't afford to let that kind of money go.
I totally agree with you there . You don't have to be a christian to be a good person, but it helps to learn to be morally correct . To do for others as you would want to be treated . And believe me Abyssinian28, that one very long evening that we butted heads, I have replayed and still wonder, why did I act that way . Not a day has gone by that I haven't regretted how I acted . But that was then and this is now .
My husband and I live the same way . Yes in our 50's . We had a very nice 401K, but when thew economy went, so did our savings . I have pins in my pin book that I could sell on ebay too make money, but I rather have them in my pin book to trade for the pins I want . I'm not even sure I'll keep my Brave pins, but I will not sell them on ebay . I'm not a completist and I know of two I will keep, the others will go in my pin book for the event . Not on ebay for $150.00 . But this is my chioce .
I just feel it is wrong to hurt your fellow pin trader . I stand my ground on that it is very wrong .
Guess I'm behind here in the loop now . :lol:

Last edited:
I totally agree with you there . You don't have to be a christian to be a good person, but it helps to learn to be morally correct . To do for others as you would want to be treated .

Man....I guess all of our "christian" politicians skipped a lot of Sunday school then!!! :lol:

Good One ! :lol: Catholics don't have Sunday School , I'm Lutheran . I use to fight my mom & dad, I never wanted to go, but back when, you didn't go to Sunday School, you didn't go out to play . Sunday School and going outside to actually play, what is that today ?!?! :lol:

Last edited:
All I can say is be careful what you wish for. DisneyShopping went to 2 sets per order to 1 set per order to no sets ever. If the limit is to low or the edition size is to high no one waits in line for the releases and the excitment over the release is not there and everyone wants a pin they can't get but make it easy and desire fades. Human nature at work.

After buying our pins we talk to Ed the man the runs the DSF, and he was pleased with the wristband sysem. They are trying to make an agreement with the high school across the street to be able to use the football field and do BBQ's for future releases when school is out. He loved the wristbands and aside from the one incident of the man slapping the lady in the face he was pleased. It does not sound like they are going to change the line up system anytime soon.

Perhaps that is what the guys with clipboards were looking at. The people at DSF are very nice as many businesses would just let their customers fend for themselves. However, you have to figure there's some accountant in the company somewhere thinking "instead of calling in extra security/CMs and feeding these people, why don't we just make 1000 of each pin". Let's see which side wins out. Remember, release day problems led to the upping of Piece of Disney Parks history pins.

After buying our pins we talk to Ed the man the runs the DSF, and he was pleased with the wristband sysem. They are trying to make an agreement with the high school across the street to be able to use the football field and do BBQ's for future releases when school is out. He loved the wristbands and aside from the one incident of the man slapping the lady in the face he was pleased. It does not sound like they are going to change the line up system anytime soon.

I really have a hard time seeing Disney put on a BBQ for releases unless they can make more money and reduce their liability by doing so. I don't see Disney as being pleased with the liability of having people line up nearly 24 hours before the release. If something were to happen to someone in the line then, even if Disney has no liability legally, the fact they were standing in line for a Disney pin release would drag their name into things. Disney is not going to allow that type of liability if they can help it. I think at some point they are going to the same conclusion that I did and we will see the "sleeping in the alley" change to "no one will be allowed to line up until 6:00 AM" like they did for the doll releases. Disney didn't get where they are today by allowing this kind of liability.

In the end, hopefully I can just sell some of my crap in Dayton and break even in the long run! :)

Oh, to break even in this hobby... Story has a dream!
105.gif

I don't care about breaking even, I just want to be able to get the pins I really like :( that seems impossible. I just don't seem to have enough money to afford them because of the second market value, and I can't wait in lines myself because of my physical disability. Add to that the greed, and the unkind words that some people feel the need to use, I'm reminding myself why I stayed away for a while. It looks like I'll have to add this set of Brave pins to the ever-growing list of 'I'll never get this' pins. :(

I see some greedy hands flying high . :lol:
Just sit on that thought/statement. I was there from about 145 pm with my daughter for these pins yes i got 4 sets! BUT I AM NOT GREEDY! I sacrificed work time sleep time and was in pain for my time spent there and am not making ONE RED CENT for my time. i am keeping one set for my dtr, 2 full sets went to other traders at cost and the last has been traded out and i did not profit one cent for my time. i met new friends and had a good time, lost sleep and am paying the price for sleeping on the ground. so dont judge a book by the cover. I dont like being lumped in with the rest of the crowd!

Just because we are DPF members does not mean we have to give the pins to fellow members at cost. I was at the release last night and picked up several pins for fellow members. Some of them offered to pay for my gas, food or costs which I turned down. Now if I had accepted it, does that make me a bad person? Absolutely not!
I am hoping to use my extra set to trade for harder to find pins on my wants list. If I am unable to trade for them but can sell them on eBay and then take the cash to purchase my wanted pin on eBay that does not make me a bad or greedy person either. Should someone here on the forum have to sell me their Disney Auction LE100 pin at cost? No way! This is why we spend the nights getting the DSF Pins with the hopes that someone who has our grail pin will trade with us.

Last edited:
I don't think that any member here who spent the night to get those pins needs to justify their actions to anyone. You earned those pins and should be free to do whatever you please with them. Certain members on this board like to go off on self-righteous rants every now and again. Don't get caught up in it.

I just wish I didn't live 2010 miles away from DSF or I'd love to stand in line..... Not sure I'm interested in the Brave pins because we haven't seen the movie yet. However, I like some of the upcoming July releases.

Just because we are DPF members does not mean we have to give the pins to fellow members at cost. I was at the release last night and picked up several pins for fellow members. Some of them offered to pay for my gas, food or costs which I turned down. Now if I had accepted it, does that make me a bad person? Absolutely not!
I am hoping to use my extra set to trade for harder to find pins on my wants list. If I am unable to trade for them but can sell them on eBay and then take the cash to purchase my wanted pin on eBay that does not make me a bad or greedy person either. Shoud someone here on the forum have to sell me their Disney Auction LE100 pin at cost? No way! This is why we spend the nights getting the DSF Pins with the hopes that someone who has our grail pin will trade with us.

Ok this is exactly my thoughts!!!!!!! I spend 21 hours there yesterday/today . . . . have not decided what i will be doing with my one extra set yet (Please do not pm me asking)

But why is it ok for someone to sell an LE 100 or 500 or 1000 Auction pin for up to 10 times what they bought it for - and bought online I might add. But its not ok for the person who had to wait 20 hours in the open cold air to ask for 3 or 4 times what they paid for it???? When they had MANY other costs involved (parking/gas/food -20 hours was lunch, dinner, breakfast, and lunch) than just sitting at home and pressing the buy button on their computer.

I just want everyone to know that I'm personally not lumping everyone into the same category. I'm just lamenting the fact that because I'm currently on disability with an injury, I physically cannot stand in line, nor can I afford the second market value of the pins, I'll never acquire these beautiful pins. While others have dear friends in this hobby who were kind enough to go and get the pins for them at or a little above cost, it seems that I no longer have the luxury of having friends within this hobby, so I'm left out in the cold. I hope everyone who has a friend nice enough to get them these pins realizes how lucky they are!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back